3.1 Frost Wind Ascendant (White Wind Frost Blades) HC red map viable #CURRENTLY UPDATING FOR 3.5

I noticed in your original tree, the fight for survival gem by the shadow doesn't have 40 dex. do you get that fangs of the viper node? It doesn't show you get it. Also is hypothermia still a better choice over crit multi gem? I have 380% crit multi without the gem. But it's hard to tell which one gives more dmg. The crit multi gem of course makes your tool tip nicer.

loving the build so far otherwise
Last edited by balls_of_steel on Mar 9, 2018, 11:04:43 AM
"
I noticed in your original tree, the fight for survival gem by the shadow doesn't have 40 dex.

From wiki:

"Threshold jewels are a type of unique jewels.

These jewels grant improvements to a specific active skill if enough attribute points are allocatable within its radius. They do not need to be allocated."

That should answer your first question.

"
Also is hypothermia still a better choice over crit multi gem? I have 380% crit multi without the gem. But it's hard to tell which one gives more dmg. The crit multi gem of course makes your tool tip nicer.

I am playing a variation of this build, with Assassin-Inquisitor ascendancies and mainly the tree of original build. Playing around in POB, it seems that Hypothermia gives almost twice the effective dps compared to crit multi gem. Tooltip doesn't really tell that much when there's so many things affecting the end result.

I'm currently only level 84, sitting at around 170k effective dps for the frost blades melee attack part. Plenty more to come when someone actually answers to whispers about the stuff they've put up for sale. Few more important passives I'm aiming for, and then some good jewels, and I should get to about 250k or so.

One real surprise with this build was that elemental reflect hasn't been any kind of problem at all. Assassin ascendancy (damage from crits can't be reflected) and insane critical chance seems to protect very well against it.
Last edited by eubeldin on Mar 11, 2018, 9:08:08 AM
OK thanks for the info!

I'll switch to hypothermia since I'm over the 300% multi threshold
at 49 lvl equip Wyrmsign Wyrmscale gauntlets for a pseudo 5L Molten strike (MS+MS+EDwAS+AC)
what are ms+ms? 1- molten strike, and 2-?
thx.
"
izzigam wrote:
... Wyrmsign Wyrmscale gauntlets for a pseudo 5L Molten strike (MS+MS+EDwAS+AC)
thx.

MS Molten Strike
MS Multistrike
EDwAS Elemental Damage w/ Attacks
AC Ancestral Call
"
Hobotime wrote:
"
izzigam wrote:
... Wyrmsign Wyrmscale gauntlets for a pseudo 5L Molten strike (MS+MS+EDwAS+AC)
thx.

MS Molten Strike
MS Multistrike
EDwAS Elemental Damage w/ Attacks
AC Ancestral Call

thx)
Having fun with this build!

I'm playing in Standard Bestiary, though, not Hardcore. Still, though only level 42, I haven't died yet, which is nice. :) Also, the screen 'splosions are nice. I have had absolutely no dps issues, either against trash or bosses. I haven't even been below half life, yet...

This is only my second paythrough, so I'm still a "noob." My Noob Question is:

What adjustments should I make to adjust this build for standard league play, rather than the hardcore it was built for? (Or, should I leave it as is?)

For instance, I've bypassed half the +life% around the Constitution node. (I figured I could go back and pick it up, if necessary.) Should I, for instance, use those points to pick up nodes with +crit chance or, perhaps, attack speed nodes like "Berserking" and, lastly, maybe pick up something like "Winter Spirit" for the increased cold damage?

Any suggestions for changes to this build for softcore play are welcomed!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Morkonan on Mar 11, 2018, 9:56:21 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
What adjustments should I make to adjust this build for standard league play, rather than the hardcore it was built for? (Or, should I leave it as is?)

I guess that depends on how much you are prepared to die. :P

I have made some adjustments to this for softcore. First of all, I chose Inquisitor instead of Slayer for ascendancy.

For passives, I have taken Adder's Touch for some nice dagger critical bonuses, and I'm working towards taking Winter Spirit (and perhaps Flash Freeze as well), as they give quite some extra dps. I skipped Finesse and Heart of Oak on behalf of more dps, as my accuracy is fine at the moment and life bonuses are not my current priority as occasional death doesn't really matter that much.

I have taken most of the life nodes in original build, but still have only about 3,5k life. It hasn't been a real issue though... at least not yet. We'll see what happens once I get into red maps properly. Later on, I definitely need to invest into some proper +maxlife/resistance gear and replace some of my temporary jewels I am currently using to fill up gaps in resistances with dual cold damage ones.
Last edited by eubeldin on Mar 12, 2018, 3:15:07 PM
"
eubeldin wrote:
"
Morkonan wrote:

I guess that depends on how much you are prepared to die. :P

I have made some adjustments to this for softcore. First of all, I chose Inquisitor instead of Slayer for ascendancy.

For passives, I have taken Adder's Touch for some nice dagger critical bonuses, and I'm working towards taking Winter Spirit (and perhaps Flash Freeze as well), as they give quite some extra dps. I skipped Finesse and Heart of Oak on behalf of more dps, as my accuracy is fine at the moment and life bonuses are not my current priority as occasional death doesn't really matter that much.

I have taken most of the life nodes in original build, but still have only about 3,5k life. It hasn't been a real issue though... at least not yet. We'll see what happens once I get into red maps properly. Later on, I definitely need to invest into some proper +maxlife/resistance gear and replace some of my temporary jewels I am currently using to fill up gaps in resistances with dual cold damage ones.

Thanks for the reply! I've switched to following the below passives build:

"
Catmaster wrote:
Hi guys. please use this tree for better damage, adder's touch is too inefficient after all.

https://pastebin.com/sYp3R517

Best of Luck to you in bestiary!

I picked up "Fangs of Frost" there. I've still skipped a few +% health, but am going to pick some up during "lulls" in leveling, where I don't absolutely have to have a passive dps boost and have maxed gear for my leveling stage.

Though, still being a noob, especially with the Passives tree, which requires esoteric knowledge in order to confidently navigate, I'm a little hesitant to go off exploring on my own. :)

PS: On the above tree, the upgrade path has been reworked to skip the section near "Profane Chemistry" in favor of following the route around from around the "Blood Siphon" section/whatsits/i'm-a-noob section... So, what does that mean for someone who was following the previous Passives tree? Am I screwed, now? :/ Do I have to spend the rest of the League farming "Orbs of Regret" to re-optimize my Passives tree or is there something else I can do?

It may be that I'm needlessly worried as there's some sort of magic button available to help me "respec." But, I'm definitely worried, now, regardless. Since I'm playing on Xbox, the marketplace is terrible enough as it is without me having to try to suffer through farming endlessly for Orbs of Regret all day.

/worried at level 46... :(
Last edited by Morkonan on Mar 12, 2018, 3:48:31 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
Though, still being a noob, especially with the Passives tree, which requires esoteric knowledge in order to confidently navigate, I'm a little hesitant to go off exploring on my own. :)

POB is a good tool for just that; exploring, even on your own. I do that constantly, looking for options depending on what I seem to need the most urgently.

"
Morkonan wrote:
PS: On the above tree, the upgrade path has been reworked to skip the section near "Profane Chemistry" in favor of following the route around from around the "Blood Siphon" section/whatsits/i'm-a-noob section... So, what does that mean for someone who was following the previous Passives tree? Am I screwed, now? :/ Do I have to spend the rest of the League farming "Orbs of Regret" to re-optimize my Passives tree or is there something else I can do?

If you are following that tree, then the few nodes around Profane Chemistry pretty much have to be respecced later anyway.

As in, you have to get the ascendancy that allows you to allocate points directly from Shadow start, connect your tree there, and then you can respec and break the continuous line of nodes between Shadow and Scion, as having the halves connected to either of those is enough. That doesn't take too many respec points really - those you get as quest rewards are more than enough.

Unless you use your reward respec points in random "experiments" as I often do, that is. :P

Adder's Touch is something I picked up at some point, but to be honest, I will probably respec that branch (including the int nodes and jewel socket) away once I get my lazy backside into the Eternal labyrinth and can finally take some nice elemental damage nodes from near the Templar start...
Last edited by eubeldin on Mar 12, 2018, 5:08:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info