3.1 Frost Wind Ascendant (White Wind Frost Blades) HC red map viable #CURRENTLY UPDATING FOR 3.5

Easy start. Lot of fun and very nice clear - still in act 7 becouse no time but very good build. Also as starter league. And I found a lot of possibilities to convert it at late game to "Magic finder" - bisco, ventors also sadimas / goldwymrms. Prety nice ;) :)

Kids - if you tell "Shit" - go play saper or mahjong couse you realy cant play.

"
Superlube wrote:
Due to this build being heavily reliant on ele damage, this build would work great using the Templar Inquisitor Ascendancy instead. My passive tree adjustments below:

Build 1 - Inquis + Slayer
https://pastebin.com/Wws6P6gN
Without any reduction to defense, this build took the OPs DPS from 172k to 201k.

Build 2 - Inquis + Ass (/wo Val Pact)
https://pastebin.com/5sVPEn6H
This build takes a minor defense hit (It's truly minor) for a massive DPS boost. 278k DPS!

This is theoretical using PoB but i'm going to give Build 2 a go and I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting with build 2, 100k increase in DPS is not bad, please share your experience when the build is tested!
I saw you have CwDT + Immortal call + Increased duration, my question is how you generate Endurance ?

BTW, great build, little bit slow as a starter build but after some decent gear around level 40 it looks promising and fun.

Thanks.
Last edited by forlane on Mar 5, 2018, 3:42:03 AM
Hi Catmaster. I curlently leveling this build on bestiary SC. Should i Pick so much life nodes? And Will be better grace or haste than arctic armour?
"
forlane wrote:
I saw you have CwDT + Immortal call + Increased duration, my question is how you generate Endurance ?

BTW, great build, little bit slow as a starter build but after some decent gear around level 40 it looks promising and fun.

Thanks.

Imm call works without endurance charges its just a very short length. Inc duration bumps it up a bit but its a standard combo to stop you from getting 2 shot from physical damage.

Regarding the build I'm playing it in HC Beastiary and I would recommend not doing it as a league starter. I haven't played in a few months but leveling was rough, the abyss jewels much more rare and useable ones even more so its a rough ride.

You'd be better just using molten strike on its own until you can use white wind. But even then the lack of flat ele damage is tough. You can help yourself a bit with prismweave at lvl25 and the Static Electricity jewel can be used in the dex socket as you head south from scion start.

I'm lvl 80 and I'm just getting into yellow maps but single target damage remains pretty awful on frost blades on a 5link. I've come to the conclusion that frost bomb is better than having crit in herald of ice as the debuff is 10% extra dmg vs bosses and the 75% less life regen has made fighting some of the tougher beastiary mobs much easier. Once My gear is significantly better (if I don't die) I'll try crit again.

I still haven't seen a good rare abyss jewel for sale. Belly and Oskarm are verrrry expensive too atm.
Last edited by MrPing1000 on Mar 5, 2018, 7:08:53 PM
I am not completly done with the build, stil missing some jewels for belt/gloves and the pieces (gloves are expensive) only have 16k dps and also i go up to 21k if i equip Ewar's as off hand
cant see whole skill tree only parts of it missing some link how to get to the diffrent passives tried all of your pastebins.. only me having this problem ?
"
wazabiiii wrote:
cant see whole skill tree only parts of it missing some link how to get to the diffrent passives tried all of your pastebins.. only me having this problem ?

I'm a noob when it comes down to Path of Building. I just downloaded it and have tried to load the pastebins, but it's giving me version errors and only partially loading some data. (Tried several pastebins, newer 3.2 and 3.1, just to check. No luck.)

Does anyone have this listed normally, online, instead of using only PoB? Just so I can go ahead and start with this build for the new League, if possible. :) )

Edit:ADD

Got it working, no problems now. Import the latest pastebin in the 3.2 section as a new import, make sure to confirm "Import" to get everything to show correctly. (Hit the other "Import" to import the data to the current character.)

<--- PoB Noob, but figured I'd let others know if they're new, too. :)
Last edited by Morkonan on Mar 7, 2018, 10:34:05 PM
playing this build and modified it a bit. Got all the core items but iam far away from goaling the dmg numbers you got...
Ny gear :

My DPS in hideout with Herald of Ice and golem ( no flasks ) :

Spoiler

Belt to change when i find some good... Still only one jewel - ONLY ONE Fight For Survival .

But... still paper - work... Sometimes die. i dont know why :D

And thinking - Slayer with ascendancy or maybe Elementalist - cannot reflect elemntal + 40 more dmg from Heralds and one more golem - Fire ?? For dmg ??

And second - some alternatives - maybe second 2-handed weapon wit 6 l + some skill - for single target boss/strong mobs - maybe someone have some ideas for this option for me to not change frost blades setup ??

And third - give me my mirror... ;p Kappa ;) Greatings :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info