Chops Flicker Ranger ... DPS Project.

and Chopatron, what do you think of my RP idea for the limit on FS for pvp use?
I know that youre more likely to admit a pure gameplay nerf/adjustement.

but in restraining the locking of the skill only upon FS bearer (anyone who "bear" the skill gem on a socket of his stuff), we can keep some fun duel (even in the middle of a big pvp fight Flickerist fighting only each others may be really entertaining... you see ? ^^), and let the Flickerist rely on other means to fight non Flicker strike users.

in this way everybody (that's can't exist...I know) is happy.
FS is no more OP in PvP, excepted for flickerist which auto-kill themselves (I want that! ^^), and it can stay nearly as it's in PvE, with some adjustement but like you I truly think it's not particularly OP in PvE...
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:

and Chopatron, what do you think of my RP idea for the limit on FS for pvp use?
I know that youre more likely to admit a pure gameplay nerf/adjustement.

but in restraining the locking of the skill only upon FS bearer (anyone who "bear" the skill gem on a socket of his stuff), we can keep some fun duel (even in the middle of a big pvp fight Flickerist fighting only each others may be really entertaining... you see ? ^^), and let the Flickerist rely on other means to fight non Flicker strike users.

in this way everybody (that's can't exist...I know) is happy.
FS is no more OP in PvP, excepted for flickerist which auto-kill themselves (I want that! ^^), and it can stay nearly as it's in PvE, with some adjustement but like you I truly think it's not particularly OP in PvE...

i think possible but not practical. thus not happening.

it either needs:

~ a draw back that allows defense vs it (i.e. % dmg stuns which stops cast of flicker to allow escape)

or

~ a defensive counterpart that allows escape (i.e. short range teleport availible to all much like phase run)

thats my 2 ideas atm.

i think its much more likely to add drawback to the skill (flicker) rather than adding more mobility to the game tho.

IGN: @Chopatron
not practical ? in fact it seem that's just a condition (if/then) so it's simple to implement and programing?...
I don't understand here...

to escape with FS you need another target (the condition), it's not a teleportation and it's more like the assassin dragon wing finisher. in a duel you can only... flickers around your target. I'm I right?

the defensive counterpart for all class seem's better on the paper, but will turn every pvp fight into a teleport festival, and it need also to teleport at a bigger distance than FS range...

anyway I believe, like I have said before, that flicker strike will die soon... and it's sad because with it die a strange new form of possible gameplay... and i'm not joking, i'm an old gamer and FS fighting was something new, something that give me a real pleasure to play, and it's not so common by these day.
so, let's go cleave...
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
anyway I believe, like I have said before, that flicker strike will die soon... and it's sad because with it die a strange new form of possible gameplay... and i'm not joking, i'm an old gamer and FS fighting was something new, something that give me a real pleasure to play, and it's not so common by these day.
so, let's go cleave...

The fact that its a great deal of fun is why it still works like it currently does.

We had a similar issue when we tried balancing multi-projectile by reducing Critical Strike Chance. It was intended that it removed the abuse case while leaving standard play intact. While it did succeed in achieving better balance, it removed a very fun build. (Which is why that change was reversed out).

It was much easier to reduce the critical strike change of Shock Nova, as back in 0.9.2 and 0.9.3, it was both overpowered, and pretty boring. (Just repeat casting, as the shock crits from the skill aided the damage of skill.)

Removing the fun from the game is something we want to avoid.

Thank you Qarl for your answer, and I'm really persuaded that you don't want any removal of fun for the game!

I also understand that this skill is very difficult to precisly balance( especialy in pvp of course), and I'm sure as a player yourself, you'll try your best to keep it fun and almost as unique as it is now. cause I really feel that Flicker strike is like an "image de marque" for Path of Exile as a build around possible skill and not only as a side moving skill/one time charge.

you give me a little hope for it, that's cool ;) .
do what you have to do anyway, you (all the team ^^) are really doing an overall very good work for PoE, bravo !
... nothing
Last edited by __Z__ on Mar 5, 2012, 12:39:40 PM
yes, many props indeed.
IGN: @Chopatron
Armor / Crit pots TBH with damage multiplier are obviously too strong right now. It's np when everyone is enjoying killing mobs with it and is happy with how strong hes glass/paper champ attack is.

Anyway when PvP comes in with such stuff involved it will be more frustration than fun I guess.

And those armor pots... I mean I dont even need to kite with my ranger when i drink this, with a lot of evasion hp and bonus to res from pots it's just seems too strong for me like 10 times.

1000 armor pot / 10% crit would make sene, but that numbers currentyl are just sick if you stack them with other mods etc. Crit multiplier dmg x 1000% this is just adding hell a lot of random stuff to the game.

The game should favor balanced/versatile builds not just first that comes to mind (mass damage).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15796/page/1

here's a guide about that build i wrote some time ago. got even stronger now with the new passive tree layout and the unique crit gloves wich are just rediculous for that build. i have even a lil better offensiv and defensiv numbers then the op.

i dont know a bout pvp yet but it seems indeed a very good build for pvp action. i was thinking bout pvp when i start playing that build. but i'm not so sure anymore. problem is u cant get any charges in a pvp situation and without them u doing not that much damage. on the other hand it seems to be the only melee skill capable of doin some damage to ranged characters. i dont see any other skill beating a cold witch for example. tbh pvp seems fucked up as a whole. but i guess we have to see whats happening when its implemented..

u still can die in chaos with 50% block, 70% dr, 1,2k life and full resistances. just needs the wrong mob combination. u always in the middle of mob packs and the flicker jumps are unpredictable.(wich attracts even more mobs 20-50 mobs is normal in chaos. combine this with ranged attacks and 2-3 bosses.. voila) a freeze or stunlock and u gone.. of course in 99% of the situations u slice enemies like a hot knife throu butter.. a nerf sems logical somehow but i'm afraid its going to be nerfed into unplayable. cooldowns and stuff like that would take the whole fun away..

with the right items its overpowerd. 5 or even 6linked chest piece, godly weapon and the unique gloves like the op has and it blows.. but thats not easy to get and without that stuff its a normal build and not that easy going. if u doing 6k dps its nothing more than an average build.

very hard to balance the wohle thing i guess

Flicker Strike is the next build I want to try out...

But as a way to balance it, why not have it cast a buff when you flicker that improves dps over time, and each time you flicker it resets that, sure it would change the flicker style slightly but it would also make it a little less mindless.
Chop can you do some video showing this character in action?
I can't find any chaos video with a flickerist in it, I can only see myself dying relatively quickly each time I log into Chaos ^^.
hope you have some!
... nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info