Abyss League Statistics

"Wolcen" "soon" bwahahahaaa. Oh that was funny. Thing's been in Alpha for years, still get stuck walking into water.
"
Smear wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
1st and the most important : PoE SHOULD NEVER BE BALANCED ! NEVER !

What's the point of having the most weird and expensive caster build out there, when a child with none-to-some skills just pilling random items from the ground is building almost equal to your hack and slash kind of character ?!
Are You guys stupid or what ?!

I would like to see top HP builds over 18k HP and top ES builds over 40k ES ( 1 HP = 3 ES ).
I would like to see builds with actual tooltip 1.000.000 damage or so.
I would like to see builds which is 1 hitting the final boss ( whoever it is at some point ).

Balancing is for screaming out fake brains on twitch.
Balancing is not making the game better. It is making it worse in practically every aspect.

2nd postulate : BASE ITEMS STATS SHOULD NEVER BE NERFED !

You wanna kill the market - OK, but killing entirely the fun and years of time and money investments into top tier equipment is just something else. You are laughing at the playerbase.
Only an insane person would like the result, or peoples which is just envy that they could never reach the state of "that guy".
This is Uber morronic, and none sane developer would do it just "4 teh lulz".

3rd postulate : STANDARD is most important, the leagues is just a failed game attempt, or alpha at the best.

STOP PROPAGATING THEM AS "SOMETHING".

Path of Exile is going to have some serious competition soon.

Wolcen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3G7M_pqqE

Wolcen will be most likely released in mid 2019.
They just put a roadmap, and seems like it is going to be playable in early-mid 2019.
Anyway this is hack and slash type of game ( for now ) - just one of the billions out there.
Unfortunately PoE is going just into this direction - pure hack and slash with killed innovations ( the ES and CI ) which is FINE for a morons with a joystick for about half a month.
Last edited by BlueGems on Jan 31, 2018, 2:27:47 AM
hierophant need a serious boost in my opinion ,it have a decent defense(MoM and ES) but it take ages clear content cause have no boost(just some attack/cast speed whit a totem) of dps , i have 4-5 in my account everytime end up whit a very bad dps .

"
Woodcutta wrote:
I think you are misunderstanding what is meant by "balance". This doesn't mean everything needs to be the same in terms of damage/feel/etc. For example, the saboteur ascendancy needs some reworking especially for miners but that doesn't mean it needs to be on par with the top ascendancy class atm. The worry is that there are skills/ascendancies/items/etc. that are not just separating from the pack but are so good that they are really the "only" choice for certain builds. If the gap between the top tier and everything else is so great that there really is no reason to try anything else then there is a problem.

Well first of all, YOUR definition of "Balance" is outside of its actual meaning so if that's the case, you should better articulate your thoughts (if you want meaningful change from the development team).

And again, the point of "no reason to try anything else" is raised - That's a personal hangup of yours. There's TONS of builds to play in this game; far more than you could get through in a league. How many builds have only 1 choice in ascendancy? Miners? Mines are a choice made as a means to cast spells; Those same spells can be self-cast, placed in a totem setup, cast on crit, cast on damage taken, cast while channeling, auto-cast via poet's/mjolner/cospri's.... all of those variations branch out into any other ascendancy of your choice.

Look at something like Flicker Strike; It can be phys, it can be ele (lightning, cold OR fire, all 3 work), it can be crit or non crit, 1h or 2h.... You can play it as a duelist or ranger or templar or witch or shadow or marauder - Just about every avenue of choice is available there.

There can be multiple reasons for why a few ascendencies are more played than others during a league;

-Foremost likely would be the competency of the average player; If the average player lacks the ability to build a character which can do a desired task well enough, then they'll simply stick to following guides. This alone would easily attribute a lopsided representation of classes/builds.

-Recent changes will also influence (but not limit) player choice. Slayer is a top pick right now which has a lot to do with the changes to VP. VP is no longer instant leech AND it has been moved closer to the duelist portion of the passive tree - Anyone who doesn't want to give up VP now defaults to 'the next best thing' and is playing a Slayer. It's also worth noting that the unique item Bloodseeker didn't receive much 'meta hype' and is largely ignored even though there are builds which can completely facetank shaper's beams thanks to its old VP explicit (and doesn't require the slayer ascendancy's leech).

Changes to reflect mobs made Elementalist fall out of favor and now Inquisitor is the new meta pick for ele builds.

-Nerfs/buffs also encourage players to move on to something new. I think fundamentally people enjoy playing fresh content. Would you be playing an Assassin Reach of the Council build every single league since 2.4? Probably not. Players see change as an opportunity to play something that they haven't played. Sometimes they're resentful because a build they had left to play at a later time gets nerfed and is no longer a desirable build.

The long-awaited nerf to ES moved the meta over to life and Berserker was one of the top ascendancy picks. That was likely a fresh change to those who stuck with ES for several leagues in a row.

-Hardcore vs Softcore. SC players likely view the more defensive ascendancies as weak or less desirable because death itself to a SC player is much less of a decision-making factor. If the majority of players avoid HC then that too will influence some of the class representation.

This game is constantly in a state of change. You're not realistically going to have a varied and equal selection towards choice with every single patch. Again, part of that reason is because your choice will be influenced by new things; skills, items, ascendancies, etc.

The criticism that 'GGG should do their job and balance the game' is an ironic one. It suggests that if the game was 'balanced' (whatever the heck that means), players would be free to explore new things I guess? I say that's ironic because the very changes introduced with each league provide that very same end result. You can look at previous league stats and compare to 3.1 - You'll find that the 'meta' is constantly shifting and players are always picking different ascendancies each league. Outside of the meta, you're completely free to do w/e you want. Probably why Mathil is one of (if not the most) popular PoE streamers; He very clearly demonstrates every 4-7 days a build's ability to succeed in this game. Everyone claimed poison builds were crap in 3.0 - Mathil made a poison build and killed guardians/shaper on a 5L.

This isn't D3. This game has a skill curve to it - more than the average player will ever master. Just because the meta follows one path is not an indication that the game doesn't offer more.
Last edited by muzein on Feb 2, 2018, 11:03:29 AM
Why adding a unique item lootable in first area and no way to create new instance of that area (except waiting) ? I don't understand.
"
-Nerfs/buffs also encourage players to move on to something new.

Let me disagree with the part "encourage". [Removed by Support]
Please do not assign a good meaning to practically a totally destructive politic and practically laughing on top of the fun which someone is having with his builds !

"
I think fundamentally people enjoy playing fresh content.

Fresh content my fellow means a fresh idea about the environment, targets, npcs and suchs.
[Removed by Support]

"
Would you be playing an Assassin Reach of the Council build every single league since 2.4? Probably not.

{Removed by Support] It is the same as asking if would someone got better if he drink a boiling water once he already burned his throat ?! The answer is simple NO, AND HE SHOULDN'T AT FIST PLACE !
You are just putting us some positive visions in our heads for something which is already an atrocity.

"
Players see change as an opportunity to play something that they haven't played.

Can we have an option NOT TO SEE SUCH OPORTUNITY AS WELL ?!
[Removed by Support]

"

Sometimes they're resentful because a build they had left to play at a later time gets nerfed and is no longer a desirable build.

[Removed by Support]
Fellow. I am not sure how much is your payment at GGG, but defending a clear atrocity like the forced nerfs just to force sellings is one of the biggest changes in this game since it was bought and I am REALLY STARTING TO DISLIKE ALL OF THIS ! ( Going into direction of pure hate )

"
The long-awaited nerf to ES moved the meta over to life and Berserker was one of the top ascendancy picks. That was likely a fresh change to those who stuck with ES for several leagues in a row.

[Removed by Support]
We - peoples which is playing the actual game ( Standard ) prefer not to experiance such an unusual change of hearts like "nerf" because some stupid fat nerd which envy the rest of peoples having fun decided so. Please excuse us for our ignorance, but we prefer the game without the pseudo ideology of some profaned guy ( most likely actually a GGG employe ) which decided to destroy 4 years of fun for "teh lulz & bikoze I am DA GOD !".

"
This game is constantly in a state of change.

This game WAS in constantly change up to 2.4. Since then nothing have changed for good.

"
You're not realistically going to have a varied and equal selection towards choice with every single patch. Again, part of that reason is because your choice will be influenced by new things; skills, items, ascendancies, etc.

[Removed by Support]

"
The criticism that 'GGG should do their job and balance the game' is an ironic one.

Actually it is NOT. GGG is starting to be just a greedy company trying to live on the back of peoples by "A constantly Nerfings.. i mean "reasonable changes"". [Removed by Support]

"

It suggests that if the game was 'balanced' (whatever the heck that means), players would be free to explore new things I guess? I say that's ironic because the very changes introduced with each league provide that very same end result.

"The leagues" is just a junkware alpha pieces of the game which should never went public.
I would call it a temporary mental disorder if I was a psycist.

"
You can look at previous league stats and compare to 3.1 - You'll find that the 'meta' is constantly shifting and players are always picking different ascendancies each league.

[Removed by Support]

"

Outside of the meta, you're completely free to do w/e you want.

Absolutely NO ! Since 2.4 You are bound to the hell GGG is just put a new. the "old" builds somehow magically stop working and some junk is start toxic in our faces.

"
Probably why Mathil is one of (if not the most) popular PoE streamers;

I very hope one day after some time ( probably soon ) when peoples see finally trough my eyes and start mass leaving this game to cooperate with all of these "streamers" and have a nice coffee with them and tall about "how bad is ES for the game". You will probably fall into a mutual agreement with your population left down to about 20 "trustworthy streamers"

"
He very clearly demonstrates every 4-7 days a build's ability to succeed in this game. Everyone claimed poison builds were crap in 3.0 - Mathil made a poison build and killed guardians/shaper on a 5L.

[Removed by Support]

"
This isn't D3.

As one of the guys which wrote about 1300 posts, about 100 fanmade fictions, 3D stuff for it, and so on and on into DiabloFans before D3 was released I can clearly say - Nope. It isn't. So ?!

"
This game has a skill curve to it - more than the average player will ever master.

Let me correct You - it was until 2.4. Now it is just how much a person can spend into this "league".
Which is practically a trowing money into the WC hole.

"
Just because the meta follows one path is not an indication that the game doesn't offer more.

Yeah. Unfortunately this is not the path of "Path of Exile" but the path of spend this league 100 bucks, and wait for next just to delete your character. Well.. NO THANK YOU !
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Feb 16, 2018, 12:26:04 PM
IMO delete windripper...why does an endgame weapon need 15% IIQ, leads to tons of people running the build just for that, reducing variety.
I've learned 1 thing after PoE creators became not the original ones - If the things which I am saying does not fit the buisness politic of GGG - then I should expect [Removed by Support] fill in my replies.

( Only replies. I am done with giving ideas for free. ( most of them which we currently see in-game already ).
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info