[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I am enjoying this build so far, but need some help on what I can do next to improve my single target DPS with a ~50c budget. I do replace Ancestral Call with Ruthless when fighting bosses but even then I still take way too long to kill them and some rares.

https://pastebin.com/WC0XKQNv

Thanks!
Last edited by xkyfire on Jun 17, 2019, 3:44:11 AM
What item would you recommend me to buy next ? where to go on my passive tree? thanks in advance for reply
"
Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how to make my build better?
I do about 527k dps, and want to start doing Shaper, Uelder, etc.
Any feedback would be great!

I think you should be focusing a bit on your life right now, to be honest. But there are lots of stuff you can do to help with both.

- First, your Fight for Survival jewel above Acrobatics only has 30 dex in it's radius. You don't get the bonus from it. Put it elsewhere. You can put it in any of the other jewelslots you have taken.

- Swap your wasp nest for a rare shield with evasion. It's a good source for both evasion, life, and resists. You lose a little damage, but it's worth it.

- I would also consider replacing your rat's nest for a Starkonja for now.

- Get a pair of darkray vectors. You may think your shoes are really good, and for any other build they would be, but we have 8 frenzy charges fully stacked.
For you that translates to +27% movement, +80k~ dps (if you do these changes), +16% dodge chance, etc. You lose life, but that life is nothing in comparison to what you get from darkray vectors.

- Replace your Ice bite for a Rage. Not only does rage do more damage for you when it's stacked, but it allows you to use another gem; Berserk. This is a HUGE addition for your burst damage. (Berserk + Vaal haste is INSANE)

- Get rid of the passive nodes Weapon artistry and Aspect of the lynx. Those are 4 points better spent elsewhere. I would put them on Acuity and get Golem's blood. The next 2 points should be to get Claws of the magpie. You also need to grab Revenge of the hunted asap.

- Get other flasks. You shouldn't need 2 life flasks. Replace one of them with a unique flask for damage. Ideal would be to get Lion's Roar, but a good cheap alternative is The overflowing chalice. You also don't need to use a quicksilver flask. Most of your movement is from whirling blades, and even without it you have good movement speed since you almost always have 8 frenzy charges up, and darkray vectors give you 5%MS per charge.

Don't panic.
"
AdyKloc wrote:
What item would you recommend me to buy next ? where to go on my passive tree? thanks in advance for reply

Your claw is really bad and should be replaced ASAP. You can get a claw with more than double the PDPS for less than 20c.

Get a starkonja's head.

Get a better jewel for your belt.

Replace herald of purity with Precision. Even a low lvl precision gives more damage.

Craft Elemental damage with attacks on your belt.

Get another Jewel slot and place one more fight for Survival Jewel. (also get better ones. You can get a 15% for 5C, or a 14% for 1C.

Your shield is really bad. Try to replace it with another one. Get an imperial buckler if possible. It's not hard to get one with almost double the evasion rating and life, for less than 5c.

You have no debuff setup. Get a Frost Bomb - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark/Frostbite

I would decide against using Master of Force. Get the last point towards Acuity and then work towards Heartseeker.
If you replace your shield with one that has more evasion, and if you get a starkonja's, I would also spec out of Arrow Dancing. When you reach a high enough evasion it isn't needed.

Don't panic.
"
xkyfire wrote:
I am enjoying this build so far, but need some help on what I can do next to improve my single target DPS with a ~50c budget. I do replace Ancestral Call with Ruthless when fighting bosses but even then I still take way too long to kill them and some rares.

Thanks!

Passive tree:

You need to get your last ascendancy points. If you cant do it alone, get someone to boost you.

You shouldn't grab Flash Freeze in the passive tree. There are better nodes. Remove them and get claws of the magpie instead.

You also need to get your last life nodes by golems blood. Work toward that.

Then work towards Claws of the Falcon.

Get rid of Will of Blades, and just go the short path by the dexterity node instead. Will of blades isn't worth it.

Itemization:

Get a Starkonja's. Lot's of evasion, life, and dps.

Get another body armour. Tabula Rasa is nice when you level, but when you start mapping, you will die a lot with it. It's better to have a good armour with 5 links than a Tabula rasa imo.

Get another Fight for Survival jewel.

Get Darkray vectors. You should be at 8 frenzy charges pretty much 100% of the time. Darkray vectors is REALLY good when you stack frenzy charges (assuming you get your last 2 ascendancy points).

Get Tombfist and put a murderous eye jewel in it. You only need the 1-socket version.

I would get rid of (at least one) touch of anguish, and get a shield with high evasion and life. Skip the dualwield nodes you have grabbed, and get Command of the elements instead.

Get flasks. You have no diamond flask! It's a really good DPS boost, and it costs you nothing.
You also shouldnt need more than one life flask. Get an overflowing chalice or smth instead. It's very cheap and decent for dps. It also increases the uptime on your other flasks.

A very huge DPS boost is when you get Mark of the Elder and a good Shaper ring. They aren't very expensive, but I think you have other priorities first.

Skills:

I would put fortify on your whirling blades instead.

Your setup should be FB - Hypo - WED - Rage - Ruthless/AC - Multistrike

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 17, 2019, 10:15:09 AM
Hey Fiver,

Thanks for a great guide! Currently lvl 91 going strong. Loving the clearspeed.

My only issue has been Uber Elder, who I've failed to kill on two attempts. I realize the build isn't optimized for Uber Elder, but I wanna do it anyway! What changes/upgrades would you recommend to achieve this purpose? I need more damage. For starters, I'm wondering if Rage support isn't helping me much... unless it's a deathless attempt, which I'm not yet capable of =)

My Gear

I've got a 400+ pdps claw ready to craft, just need to save up some Exalteds to use on the crafting bench. So that should help my damage.

I almost have +1 Curse on Chest... just need one more lucky unveil.
"
Nairul wrote:
Hey Fiver,

Thanks for a great guide! Currently lvl 91 going strong. Loving the clearspeed.

My only issue has been Uber Elder, who I've failed to kill on two attempts. I realize the build isn't optimized for Uber Elder, but I wanna do it anyway! What changes/upgrades would you recommend to achieve this purpose? I need more damage. For starters, I'm wondering if Rage support isn't helping me much... unless it's a deathless attempt, which I'm not yet capable of =)

My Gear

I've got a 400+ pdps claw ready to craft, just need to save up some Exalteds to use on the crafting bench. So that should help my damage.

I almost have +1 Curse on Chest... just need one more lucky unveil.

Keep rage it doesn't need to be fully stacked to be good, 10+ is fine.

Swap Darkrays for 200 hp Kaom's roots to stop elder slowing you, swap a flask for a taste of hate which offers lots of dmg res vs elder himself, personally i'd ditch chalice but up to you.

Get a better claw, with crit and higher AS.

Otherwise just be good! XD
Hey there,
Can anyone give me some advice on what to up as first on my gear and/or talent ? I'm a bit lost :x (have a budget of 150-200c and this chest in my stach, just waiting for 5l and right colour
)
Thx by advance
Last edited by Flos68 on Jun 17, 2019, 6:37:02 PM
"
Fiver wrote:
"
xkyfire wrote:

Thanks!

Passive tree:

You need to get your last ascendancy points. If you cant do it alone, get someone to boost you.

You shouldn't grab Flash Freeze in the passive tree. There are better nodes. Remove them and get claws of the magpie instead.

You also need to get your last life nodes by golems blood. Work toward that.

Then work towards Claws of the Falcon.

Get rid of Will of Blades, and just go the short path by the dexterity node instead. Will of blades isn't worth it.

Itemization:

Get a Starkonja's. Lot's of evasion, life, and dps.

Get another body armour. Tabula Rasa is nice when you level, but when you start mapping, you will die a lot with it. It's better to have a good armour with 5 links than a Tabula rasa imo.

Get another Fight for Survival jewel.

Get Darkray vectors. You should be at 8 frenzy charges pretty much 100% of the time. Darkray vectors is REALLY good when you stack frenzy charges (assuming you get your last 2 ascendancy points).

Get Tombfist and put a murderous eye jewel in it. You only need the 1-socket version.

I would get rid of (at least one) touch of anguish, and get a shield with high evasion and life. Skip the dualwield nodes you have grabbed, and get Command of the elements instead.

Get flasks. You have no diamond flask! It's a really good DPS boost, and it costs you nothing.
You also shouldnt need more than one life flask. Get an overflowing chalice or smth instead. It's very cheap and decent for dps. It also increases the uptime on your other flasks.

A very huge DPS boost is when you get Mark of the Elder and a good Shaper ring. They aren't very expensive, but I think you have other priorities first.

Skills:

I would put fortify on your whirling blades instead.

Your setup should be FB - Hypo - WED - Rage - Ruthless/AC - Multistrike

Thanks for the tips. Which support gem should I take out in a 5L setup?
Thanks for the guide, done everything deathless except Uber Elder+Uber Atziri (havent tried yet). Got lucky crafting and sniping some gear. Still need to optimise a few slots but have easily sunk 15+ex into the build thus far.

Even a basic version of this build with a Tabula and some cheap uniques can speed clear lower tier/blood aqueduct monoliths with great returns for those worried about budget.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info