3.1.3 Patch Notes

"
There is (and has been) a bug where Maps that contain The Elder, Elder Guardians, Labyrinth Trials or master missions that have a subarea are not able to contain Abyssal Depths.

That´s basically every second map.
As I don´t give a f*** about stygian items, I have done Abysses only for the challenges needing
Depths.

Are you aware how much of my and other players free time entrusted you have waisted?
Very annoying, considering it is core mechanics of the current league.

"
Querne wrote:
"
There is (and has been) a bug where Maps that contain The Elder, Elder Guardians, Labyrinth Trials or master missions that have a subarea are not able to contain Abyssal Depths.

That´s basically every second map.
As I don´t give a f*** about stygian items, I have done Abysses only for the challenges needing
Depths.

Are you aware how much of my and other players free time entrusted you have waisted?
Very annoying, considering it is core mechanics of the current league.

+1, as a long-term backer of PoE, I really dislike this.
Have you guys tried FIXING stuff then test it without being in a lan server or GGG only server ? Please fix these lag spikes, the game is not enjoyable anymore for me this past week and im sure in not the only one wanting to quit this league, even quit PoE. Please TEST your patches before releasing them to prevent future bugs like so. Thank you and fix this quick please :)
Hi Qarl,

I would like to clarify your statement:

"
Liches are now 125% more likely to appear in Maps. There is (and has been) a bug where Maps that contain The Elder, Elder Guardians, Labyrinth Trials or master missions that have a subarea are not able to contain Abyssal Depths. We are unlikely to be able to resolve this issue before the end of 3.1.0. The increase in this patch will counteract the effect of this bug in the meantime.

Does this mean that any map that meets the conditions above have a 0% chance of being able to spawn and Abyssal depths? So if I see a lab trial or a Haku mission I will know immediately that the Abyss crack will never lead to a depths?

As a general comment on the league, I liked Harbinger a lot more because I didn't feel like any of the content was unnecessarily gated behind multiple walls of RNG - one could experience all the league had to offer as much as you wanted!

With Abyss, Liches are really fun fights! I wish I could have more of them! But for me and many others they are literally more rare than having an exalt drop (likely due to the bugs outlined in this post). Instead of playing the game, I just stalk trade 820 and global 820 in order to get kills for the challenge. I don't like this at all, I want to run maps, follow cracks, enter the depths, find a Lich, and have an exciting fight. Instead I sit in chat channels waiting to buy Lich kills and hoping I'm one of the fastest people to respond. Sharing is a useful and effective way to progress with challenges, but this has been taken to a ridiculous extreme.

In addition to buffing Lich spawn rates, can you please also increase the spawn rate of Abyssal Depths!

Thanks!

(Side note of more thoughts, not relevant to the above) People enjoyed Breach because it was deterministic, you knew what to expect. Breaches would spawn a growing ring of enemies -and occasionally a Breach Lord- and that was it. But each Breach would drop splinters, visible progress towards the end game bosses. With every breach the player has the sense they are working towards something, you knew how many splinters you needed in order to battle a boss. The excitement (and only real aspect that had RNG) would come from the drops at the end! With Abyss you never know what is going to happen at any stage of the Abyss, and this is bad. Every cool part of this league is stuck behind so many rolls of the dice that when a Lich does spawn the sensation is not "OMG Yes!!" but "Fucking FINALLY." Just like people wanting monster density in maps, we want fun things to do and exciting enemies to kill. And we want a somewhat reliable way to do it.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
  • Liches are now 125% more likely to appear in Maps. There is (and has been) a bug where Maps that contain The Elder, Elder Guardians, Labyrinth Trials or master missions that have a subarea are not able to contain Abyssal Depths. We are unlikely to be able to resolve this issue before the end of 3.1.0. The increase in this patch will counteract the effect of this bug in the meantime.

Interesting.

I had assumed we were unlikely to see Abyss rolled into Standard - we already have Breach for a "10% chance to happen in Maps" thing. I assume the bug is being worked around rather than fixed due to the League being half over and fixing it not being seen as economical.

(This post is just a combination of conjecture and my opinion btw.)

Maybe, The bigger issue is any new league mechanics that work the same way will run into this exact same bug, so this has to be solved for future league ideas.
Now can also use this patch?
now this patch explain things about the challenges in the abyss league, usually i would have now 38ish challenges done instead of 31, but putting 4 grinding challenges with at least 2 of them buggy is very frustrating
and it is safe to say that all this time when a abyssal depths appears then its impossible to get a haku or something or a trial right?

is the game becoming so complex that even the devs can't figure out their own code?
Still can't find any liches or abyssal depths for that matter.
WHERE ARE THE PATCH NOTES 3.1.4
"
Ictherion wrote:
WHERE ARE THE PATCH NOTES 3.1.4

My exact thoughts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info