[3.13][HC] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

thanks for the guide! during leveling i saw the toxic strikes passive node and was wondering if this node will increase our damage (poison damage + toxic strikes = 50% increased poison damage).
One thing you should mention that you need LOT OF CRAFTING as additionally to +3 weapons you need craft INT and STR to be able level you gemms. or losing 3-4 points.

And can you link you current equipment?
is raider still the best option?
Just waiting around.
"
sungbung wrote:
thanks for the guide! during leveling i saw the toxic strikes passive node and was wondering if this node will increase our damage (poison damage + toxic strikes = 50% increased poison damage).

Neither CA's cloud nor ED's debuff is poison, so it doesn't do anything for us.

"
Kalevipoeg wrote:
One thing you should mention that you need LOT OF CRAFTING as additionally to +3 weapons you need craft INT and STR to be able level you gemms. or losing 3-4 points.

And can you link you current equipment?

Pretty sure i'm mentioning in few times in gearing section. It's not a problem to get required 160 strength (decoy totem) and intelligence (wither, despair). You're getting 134 and 114 from my tree alone. Even if you respec the Coldhearted Calculation that's purely taken for 20 int and 20% mana regen, that's still barely any issue. Single Agate amulet with intelligence can solve all your problems.

My profile is public, you can check my gear any time.
Spoiler

"
Wraithstar wrote:
is raider still the best option?

In my opinion, yes.

My reasoning for this is simple. When you hit the end game, the damage isn't really an issue as you saw on videos. When you don't need damage, survivability and speed starts to matter. That's where Raider shines, fast with massive QoL and defensive abilities. The mapping is pure pleasure. Raider's speed is also great defense against end game bosses.

All mentioned ascendancies have something that makes them good. Trickster's damage, Champion's defence, Deadeye's QoL, Ascendant's... uniqueness.

In the end, it's up to you.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
did anything change in 3.2 with skill tree?
Would be great if someone can explain, which orbs you have to user to craft the +3 bow?
In which order do you have to use them and for which mods are you looking?

For example: White Base 6 link bow
- I use orb of transmutation to make it magic
- I use then the orb of alteration until I hit +2 level of socketes gems?

And how do I continue then?
"
arcantris wrote:
did anything change in 3.2 with skill tree?

Nope, nothing.

"
Gambler92 wrote:
Would be great if someone can explain, which orbs you have to user to craft the +3 bow?
In which order do you have to use them and for which mods are you looking?

For example: White Base 6 link bow
- I use orb of transmutation to make it magic
- I use then the orb of alteration until I hit +2 level of socketes gems?

And how do I continue then?

2nd post -> Crafting Section -> +3 Bow crafting
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
This guide was made extremely confusing by the many many many different skill trees and quite frustrating to have to respec all this. I have a bunch of nodes that just dont work with CA now and even skill trees featured in the same part

This isnt the first guide I've followed but I've had a lot of trouble following this one. My boss clears are nearly impossible, I finished act 2 with 2 hour gametime and act 3 with 3 hour gametime, but it falled off sharply with blast rain.

I'm now stuck in act 6 with over 10 hours gameplay trying to respec all these terrible nodes from the early game. I have a rasa for my 6link CA and ED leveling and if I, finally, finally reach lvl 57 I can use my 5link bow that I crafted a +2gem. Tbh idk what I'm doing wrong but whatever I'm doing feels terrible to play out of the early game, and very frustrating.

Sorry for the bad review, I'm just frustrated because the skill trees are hard to follow or something and I have 0 dps.
"
ImKawaiiAF wrote:
Spoiler
This guide was made extremely confusing by the many many many different skill trees and quite frustrating to have to respec all this. I have a bunch of nodes that just dont work with CA now and even skill trees featured in the same part

This isnt the first guide I've followed but I've had a lot of trouble following this one. My boss clears are nearly impossible, I finished act 2 with 2 hour gametime and act 3 with 3 hour gametime, but it falled off sharply with blast rain.

I'm now stuck in act 6 with over 10 hours gameplay trying to respec all these terrible nodes from the early game. I have a rasa for my 6link CA and ED leveling and if I, finally, finally reach lvl 57 I can use my 5link bow that I crafted a +2gem. Tbh idk what I'm doing wrong but whatever I'm doing feels terrible to play out of the early game, and very frustrating.

Sorry for the bad review, I'm just frustrated because the skill trees are hard to follow or something and I have 0 dps.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm to blame for this i guess, one way or another. HOWEVER

I don't want to be disrespectful, but you screwed up pretty badly. I'm sure you didn't read the very first note in levelling section:

Spoiler
First of all, levelling with CA as a league starter is close to impossible. The damage output is heavily gated behind levels, and they're hard to acquire early on. Without twink gear, it's very, very slow. That's why we're going to level with elemental bow until we're ready to respec to CA (within 20 free respec points).

If you have enough money you can level with CA. It's quite fast too, i reached lvl 63 and done everything up to Kitava in ~4:30h. Got lvl ~75 in 2 more hours.
Elemental bows if you don't have money, CA levelling if you do. The way i setup gems allows me to deal mediocre damage no matter what, thanks to Added Cold and Anger aura. Raider's frenzy path also gives a lot of free damage/attack speed that works best with all this flat damage. If you still need more damage, you could always pay 1 alch orb for Wake of Destruction to solve most of your problems.

In your current situation, with most respec points gone and already being in act 8, all i can suggest is to get to Harbour bridge/other safe zone and farm. Once you get +2 bow it's going to be much easier to catch up. I also suggest you to sell Tabula and buy Carcass Jack when you get lvl 62. You're gonna use it for a while.

Your character page is private so i can't say anything else. If you need any help, let me know.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 6, 2018, 9:19:49 PM
Hi, thank you for your answer back then.

I'm already lv 48 and will take it slow since i'm new to ranger build, (mostly play marauder and duelist build)
I just got this bow recently with beastcrafting.


(dont mind the gems, i just want to lv conc effect and damage on full life support)

Can you please tell me which damage is higher If I put 5 link CA setup in this bow rather than the +2 CA bow? Considering CA will shoot 2 arrow with Death Harp. (I'm not good with PoB, it seems always crash)

Thank you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info