[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
Well, onslaught testing is probably gonna happen later. Unforunately i died doing normal Atziri for challenge, to the tittybitch. Pure rng death: got crit on the edge of the physical firestorm (or w/e it is), stunlocked and hit 3 times in a row despite spell dodge and my position. Almost instant death.

I would've survived easily if i had CWDT-IC setup. Should be back on track pretty soon.

"
Kayer wrote:
Spoiler
Hi.

So I basically just switched to CA now and so far I enjoy the play style. Though, the damage feels kinda lackluster against bosses. I even went Trickster. You said the damage would be kinda bad without +3 staff and probably also without a +3 bow (and 21 CA gem), right now I'm running a Q19 level 19 CA while leveling up CA's in my weapon swap.

Heres my gear (doing a bit of quant):
Spoiler

My profile is shared. What do you think the best DPS upgrade to look for next? Just leveling CA and eventually grabbing a 6L +3 bow and staff? What did you do in the beginning of league, which upgrades do/did you prioritize.

Thank you in advance! :D

Yep, bosses do take some time to kill. Your Wither totem isn't at it's full power yet. Despite everything it's gonna get better as you upgrade your gear and progress through maps.

Anyway, you should look at Early mapping in levelling/progression section. It has everything about gearing up through maps. The next step says you gotta get that 6-link bow, which is true in your case as well. You easily lose at least 15% more damage. They're cheap as hell anyway.

Right okay, sorry to hear about your death! :(
Thank you for the answer, I probably should read it more thoroughly, even though I felt I had. Must've missed something. Anyways, thank you again. Good luck with your new char. :)
Planning to try this as a trickster. Can't wait the updated version. :)
---
How is it a league starter build if the endgame items are expensive?
found this weapon just thinking is it easier get it 5-6 link or get 5-6 link bow to +2?

Boss killing is just a lot of running around and +35 move speed helps

Regarding INT STR yea you get some from tree but only when around 70-80 you get all point

respected mana leach as i got it from helmet
I think playing caustic arrow mf build with +2 or +3 decay bow is more budget friendly than getting CA + ED swap , since both of those builds are not capable dealing endgame bosses like shaper or elder without 1 hour dodge.CA is very good for mf farming but not sure about endgame all content

Also i suggest focusing rarity over quantity on CA based builds if you prefer MF , quantity gear needs too much certain uniques and its not like caustic arrow is fastest magic find anyways you wont benefit from too much quantity.
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Mar 10, 2018, 3:11:38 AM
"
Oatooka wrote:
How is it a league starter build if the endgame items are expensive?

Not every league starter has to be pushed to the end game. The expensive items aren't necessary to clear majority of the content, but to push the build to the limit. This league i cleared red maps easily with the only costly thing i bought was +3 bow.

"
Kalevipoeg wrote:
Spoiler
found this weapon just thinking is it easier get it 5-6 link or get 5-6 link bow to +2?

Boss killing is just a lot of running around and +35 move speed helps

Regarding INT STR yea you get some from tree but only when around 70-80 you get all point

respected mana leach as i got it from helmet

Easier to buy 5/6-link without doubt. They're really cheap, so save up and buy one. Few chaos recipes and you have it.

"
canjp wrote:
Spoiler
I think playing caustic arrow mf build with +2 or +3 decay bow is more budget friendly than getting CA + ED swap , since both of those builds are not capable dealing endgame bosses like shaper or elder without 1 hour dodge.CA is very good for mf farming but not sure about endgame all content

Also i suggest focusing rarity over quantity on CA based builds if you prefer MF , quantity gear needs too much certain uniques and its not like caustic arrow is fastest magic find anyways you wont benefit from too much quantity.

Decay bows are trash.

Yep, you heard me correctly. I could write a massive wall of text about this, but i don't really see the point. The damage on it is so bad that ED without A SINGLE SUPPORT GEM has same dps as the decay. The other main issue is that decay only works with hits, so CA cloud's dps is still the same. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about here.

I can kill all the content (up to uber elder anyway) decently fast, look at the videos. It's not fastest build but it's OK, CA isn't meta for a reason. I simply pushed it as far as i possibly could.

As for MF, i don't focus on it. Survivability is my priority, that's why i only suggest Ventor's / Bisco's because they don't burden you too much. Divination distillate itself is used as a defensive layer.

If you like meta builds, use them. If you like to play at absolute maximum efficiency, feel free to do so. But don't forget, not everyone shares your point of view.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 10, 2018, 8:18:18 AM
"
canjp wrote:

I fail to see how running rarity over quant would be more worth just because it's sligthly slower than meta builds. Bisco's doesn't hurt the damage, ventor's doesnt and if you get two decent ones they provide pretty insane defenses, perandus helps with attributes, etc. rarity has almost never helped me at all.

I don't see why it's relevant how fast you clear maps with quant, you still get the same drops.
I'm sure that if you get a 28 CA with weapon swap you could clear most if all endgame content in decent time. But ofcourse it doesn't compare to some of the insane meta builds out there currently.
Last edited by Kayer on Mar 10, 2018, 8:43:44 AM
Hello, I would love to try this build.

Reading up on your advice to go Elemental Bow first.

Now.. You mention to keep leveling my CA gems during all of this. How does this dynamic work, should I just be swapping the gems out and leveling them? Sorry, I'm a huge noob.

Thank you :)
"
Sztur wrote:

Now.. You mention to keep leveling my CA gems during all of this. How does this dynamic work, should I just be swapping the gems out and leveling them? Sorry, I'm a huge noob.

You can dual wield 2 white swords or a sword and a shield with 3 green sockets each, and equip both of those in your off-spec/whatever (by hitting x). The gems still level even though you're using your bow/whatever whilst leveling.
"
Kayer wrote:
"
Sztur wrote:

You can dual wield 2 white swords or a sword and a shield with 3 green sockets each, and equip both of those in your off-spec/whatever (by hitting x). The gems still level even though you're using your bow/whatever whilst leveling.

My god I never knew this was a thing. Thank you so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info