[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

pretty sweet quiver. how'd you manage it? i've gotten harvest a dozen times or so but i only ever get 1 chaos craft option at a time and its never the one i need

i have an amulet that is guaranteed to get +1 chaos gems (has +1 dex gems and full suffix's) that i just need the chaos slam for. can't seem to fkin get it. don't want to trade for it but now i might look into it. i have some good crafts i could sell too
"
xMustard wrote:
pretty sweet quiver. how'd you manage it? i've gotten harvest a dozen times or so but i only ever get 1 chaos craft option at a time and its never the one i need

i have an amulet that is guaranteed to get +1 chaos gems (has +1 dex gems and full suffix's) that i just need the chaos slam for. can't seem to fkin get it. don't want to trade for it but now i might look into it. i have some good crafts i could sell too

I think that in the first page there's a detailed guide on how to craft the hunter quiver.

Alt+regal/fossil crafting/ aug chaos( harvest) until you hit both chaos multi and damage multi,if you hit any other bad mods it doesn't matter because with harvest you can remove pretty much anything besides 2 o 3 mods.

When you hit that combo the crafting becomes fairly easy. Both mods are suffixes so you can use harvest crafts like " keep suffixes reroll prefixes" to get a decent life roll or aug life which is probably the most reliable metod.
If you are playing in trade league there's a discord server where people sell harvest crafts. Aug chaos is 1-2 ex for example.
Last edited by Chaser8 on Jan 31, 2021, 8:28:02 PM
I'm unfortunate enough to die once again this league, this time primary cause is server lag. Not much to say here. I noticed lag fairly quickly, but I didn't want to lose the map. I decided to just play it safe, get to the boss, get final piece for Maven's boss arena and stop for today since lags were from 1 to multiple seconds long in random intervals. Eventually Guff (i think? In transportation) oneshot me from 6,4k hp (Wind Dancer disabled). I would likely not take the hit at all if i used my Jade flask, i occassionally tend to miss it while spamming my potions. I have recording of it, there's just not much to show. I got greedy and i died for it. Or maybe i will upload it since what killed me might've been... a random mob from tranportation?

I'll be focusing on guide for in near future + grind Maven a bit in standard for showcase purposes.

"
Sisko1980 wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah, I have two bows now from Imperial Legacy. On one I rolled the Dot Multi, on the other I will try to get both mods, multi and arrows. But my biggest problem is, I haven´t found an Empower yet. Where is the best place to find that? Heist maybe? For the quiver I maybe get the Harvest craft that leaves Suffixes and only rolls Prefixes, that together with cannot roll attavk mods should bring a good result.

Anything that drops a lot of gems. Heists should be one of the best sources (Counter-thaumaturgy jobs), Temple of Atzoatl, Metamorphs with valuable gem are always worth trying, Delve gem chests if you find one, Legions sometimes have a gem chest or incubator. Anything, really. It's rng and one time i person i know dropped 10+ enlightens/enhances without a single empower...

Reroll item while keeping suffixes is pretty good idea. I found it significantly more often than augments. With cannot roll attack mods you'll have life on it almost guaranteed.

"
Gladbane88 wrote:
How does the build feel in full delirium?

If a build says "mediocre single target damage", then you bet 100% delirium maps aren't going to go fast. At least you should quite easily avoid death for the most part.

"
RaccoonGoRawr wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, I have been enjoying your build, mostly the speed.

The problem I'm facing right now is the lack of damage. I can tank/evade most of the hits but it takes me like 1-2 mins per boss in a map. The tooltip damage seems pretty accurate to what I have on PoB in term of damage.

How much damage should I have with high end gear ?

Hp : 4800
Caustic arrow DPS : 520k

I can add my gear if needed.

Thanks!

...1-2 mins to kill a boss? I can understand Shaper's guardian or something of that level with Maven to heal him up but if it takes you more than a minute per normal map boss with no phases, you're doing something wrong. I did notice you have Hardened Scards instead of Corruption, but that still doesn't explain how it takes you so long.

If anything, it's your life that needs fixing, not damage. I usually have this much hp at level 80 or so, with life nodes still to be picked up. Hardened Scars "increase" your hp to 6000 in a way, however that won't work during boss fights as you might've noticed (and DoTs). Life pool always does.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Just wanted to say I absolutely have had a blast with this build. Leveling was super easy am mapping has been so easy it is funny. However,

How does this build compare to your bleed bow build with clear speed and single target? Im currently lvl 85 with this build and thinking about rerolling. Im currentyl doing tier 11-12 maps. It instantly explodes rares and trash mobs but even with wither totems and despair, along with toxic rain on mirage archer and a lvl 23 caustic arrow 20% quality it struggles a bit with the bosses.

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by Baromanth on Jan 31, 2021, 7:04:05 PM
Hey, I just wanna post and say I've really enjoyed this build. I got interested in Caustic Arrow from the goofy pink tentacle mtx and your guide is very helpful, from the leveling progression to targets to shoot for as you go through maps. My damage never felt underwhelming at any point, even in T16s with a poopy quiver I'm trying to replace but lol Harvest.

Kudos! :D
Great build I really enjoy playing.

I was wondering if it would work wiht both running Malevolence and Gaqce at the same time, I know it would cost speccing into Charisma, and some reduce mana reserved, but would it work?

"
Just wanted to say I absolutely have had a blast with this build. Leveling was super easy am mapping has been so easy it is funny. However,

How does this build compare to your bleed bow build with clear speed and single target? Im currently lvl 85 with this build and thinking about rerolling. Im currentyl doing tier 11-12 maps. It instantly explodes rares and trash mobs but even with wither totems and despair, along with toxic rain on mirage archer and a lvl 23 caustic arrow 20% quality it struggles a bit with the bosses.

Having taken this build pretty far, it's pretty nice once the investment is there even for single target.

There's a real struggle in the T12-16 phase of the game till you break over 1M DPS (Sirus). By the time you start facing real guardians/conqs it can feel really crappy to fight especially since Maven will actually outheal your Caustic Arrow damage on many bosses (this was back around 600k Sirus DPS). I remember my first T16 Drox and I was like actually outraged how long it was taking me to kill him.

However once you break that hump it goes back to feeling pretty good. The big changes I had to make to get there were switching to a cluster jewel setup (removing "Method to the Madness" area) and slotting in Awakened Supports. That with a double DOT multi bow and giving up on extra proj and just going with a Hunter quiver basically fixed all my damage issues on bosses (around 1.5m Sirus DPS). Here's a T16 Hunter and A9 Awakener back when I was this damage.

Now I'm nearing 3M Sirus DPS and it's pretty damn good. I ran roughshod all over end game encounters like Cortex with Maven even. Best of all I still have ridiculous defenses like a hardcore character so it's extremely forgiving. This is the first character I've pushed past 96 because it's honestly so easy to just not die to random shit.
I'm currently grinding Maven in standard but in past 2 days my game experience dropped significantly. Yesterday when i farmed huge amount of maps i crashed at least 50 times. No, this isn't exaggeration. Today is no better. I have no idea what's going on, i know you can temporarely "fix" it with BIOS setting but that drops performance everywhere else so... I think i'll wait. Rerolling in hardcore is currently not an option.

At least i'm nearly done. Roughly 30 maps to grind last few 10 boss fights.

"
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

You can quickly judge it yourself by looking at pros&cons. CA is simply ridiculously tanky and enjoyable to play, budget for the most part. Bleed has much higher damage and ceiling while also being much more expensive, while having just "ok" survivability.

"
Sacgo wrote:
Great build I really enjoy playing.

I was wondering if it would work wiht both running Malevolence and Gaqce at the same time, I know it would cost speccing into Charisma, and some reduce mana reserved, but would it work?

Of course you can, but why would you? Dread Banner does the same as Grace, unless you have +X% Evade chance Watcher's Eye. Dread Banner also allows to run Aspect of the Crab.

"
KodiakX wrote:
Best of all I still have ridiculous defenses like a hardcore character so it's extremely forgiving. This is the first character I've pushed past 96 because it's honestly so easy to just not die to random shit.

This part is very common. Many, many people who posted here for advice or other matters had CA Raides as their highest level character ever. Even when they feel they have no damage, build still does the job it's supposed to do and carried them hard.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Feb 1, 2021, 4:30:28 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
KodiakX wrote:
Best of all I still have ridiculous defenses like a hardcore character so it's extremely forgiving. This is the first character I've pushed past 96 because it's honestly so easy to just not die to random shit.

This part is very common. Many, many people who posted here for advice or other matters had CA Raides as their highest level character ever. Even when they feel they have no damage, build still does the job it's supposed to do and carried them hard.

Yea for sure, the build will carry you through a lot of things. I've eaten so many die beams in Sirus fights.

Maven was difficult because of the single target damage issues. My first attempts (back at 1.5m) I was getting up to 3 "glob orbs" from her and even if 1 degen area got put in the middle it was extremely difficult. The bosses phase aren't bad depending on who you get, I got a Shav Brutus who 1 shot leaped me. Unlucky. Teleporting bosses seems to be GGG's new favorite boss mechanic and is very annoying with Wither totems.

I basically had to collapse the top part of my tree (Atrophy) and invest into a second Cluster Jewel setup down bottom to really push my DPS high enough and when I got her down I was sitting at 3.2m Sirus and 5.8k HP total. This let me push enough DPS that I was getting the "glob orbs" down to 1-2 sets instead.
What is your opinion on aspect of the crab vs aspect of the spider? At the moment I don't have the feeling I need the phys reduction of the crab because of the high evasion/dodge chance and would prefer the damage boost of spider.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info