[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
I'm only scared of eventual oneshot, because sometimes i just take a huge hit and don't even know what hit me.
If Reddit is to be believed, some mobs lay traps that if you step on them you take heavy damage, and tbh I checked a clip someone linked and I couldn't see crap. So either they're really hard to see or it's an unproven theory.
Any reason why you don't get No Witnesses Elusive buff 3 pointer on tree? This has been my favorite 3 pointer for any character near it unless you're Assassin but it seems to be skipped here.
This build has been awesome, and especially in heist. Only died to stupidity and a 1-shot by spellcasters in formation in an over-level Heist. Had no problem with Innocence nor Kitava so far.

Grace-evasion and Onslaught-on-kill helps escape heists. Had to take my Spite-gloves off since a wayward hit on me spits alert in all directions.
Wish the heists were more like "Thief: the Dark Projects", but it's fun enough as it is. Killing them quick asap seems to reduce the alert level.
Usually just burrow to the end-goal then backtrack and size up how much I can pilfer without tipping the alert.

Fun build! She's even more powerful than at the tailend of Harvest. Thank you!
I'm pretty new to PoE (I finished the campaign last season but that was it) and am trying out this build. Really enjoying it so far. Can someone explain to me why it's important to level multiple of the same gem?

"
Important reminder: Don't forget to level additional CA gems in your weapon slot. They still level even if you don't use them.

I've been leveling 2 so far but I don't know why and maybe I should be leveling more than 2? Lol
I have a question about how this game is against the endgame bosses and how "the road" there feels, I see OP says single target dps is mediocre but is it a decent bosskiller? And will the way to awakener feel decent or is the gear needed kinda difficult to get?
Haven't found it in the guide. What's the purpose of barrage in the frenzy links? Also there's no barrage in "current gear" section.
"
Any reason why you don't get No Witnesses Elusive buff 3 pointer on tree? This has been my favorite 3 pointer for any character near it unless you're Assassin but it seems to be skipped here.
Cuz after the build is developed you don't need extra dodge or movement speed on raider. Feel free to pick it while levelling and unspec later or if you do this build on alternative ascendancies like trickster.

"
Piffle213 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why it's important to level multiple of the same gem?
You will want a lvl 21 caustic arrow for end game which can be obtained from corrupting lvl 20 gems.

In trade you can just buy them (usually expensive early on), in SSF which this build taking perspective of you have no other choice but gamble and spam vaal orbs. It can take many more than 6 tries btw, there were 2 leagues in the past with challenge of corrupting a gem to lvl 21 and I'd swear it took me 30-50 tries to get anything to upgrade. You can try alva temple too if you get lapidary lens.

"
kaygee82 wrote:
And will the way to awakener feel decent or is the gear needed kinda difficult to get?
I don't think it's difficult but the endgame bow will cost ~7ex so it's a big bump to get over (if you aren't fast currency farmer). Empower 4 is also something that is usually expensive. Boss killing on this build is slow but fairly tanky, as long as you know what to expect most bosses won't punish you for being slow except maybe uber elder. You can survive a hit here and there, but you can't expect to insta phase bosses or endlessly facetank them. I'd expect the boss killing of this build be comparable to a vortex occultist.

"
EmptyJar wrote:
What's the purpose of barrage in the frenzy links?
It's a barrage support so frenzy should apply curses and give frenzy charges more reliably (a single projectile frenzy can miss).
"
Viktranka wrote:
If Reddit is to be believed, some mobs lay traps that if you step on them you take heavy damage, and tbh I checked a clip someone linked and I couldn't see crap. So either they're really hard to see or it's an unproven theory.

Mobs responsible for insane damage were already nerfed. They still hurt badly but more within norms. I hope it won't end on that because there's still one more bullshit i encountered and they're also automatons. They shoot lasers and prepare their attacks when you're opening the door during escape. Problematic part is that they seem to fire regardless if you're about to enter through door and their hitbox is questionable. These are the only things that hurt me now, kind of.

"

I absolutely hate elusive as a mechanic. On kill part means that you'll get it only during clear after you killed mob pack, then when you get to next one the defensive part already diminished.

Besides, movement speed isn't really necessary, attack dodge kinda pointless since we have capped evasion for most part and spell dodge is the only real useful part. As good as spell dodge is, Elusive is reliable at being sometimes useful and sometimes barely giving stats - which i absolutely hate. I would rather invest into permanent and conditional spell dodge (on spell hit) to cap it when i need it.

"
Lord_Banshee wrote:
Spoiler
This build has been awesome, and especially in heist. Only died to stupidity and a 1-shot by spellcasters in formation in an over-level Heist. Had no problem with Innocence nor Kitava so far.

Grace-evasion and Onslaught-on-kill helps escape heists. Had to take my Spite-gloves off since a wayward hit on me spits alert in all directions.
Wish the heists were more like "Thief: the Dark Projects", but it's fun enough as it is. Killing them quick asap seems to reduce the alert level.
Usually just burrow to the end-goal then backtrack and size up how much I can pilfer without tipping the alert.

Fun build! She's even more powerful than at the tailend of Harvest. Thank you!

Yep, build's great at heists. Just phase through enemies if necessary.

I wish it was more stealthy too. Right now stealth is pointless. Rogue that's supposed to help you out on that is... not working very well unfortunately. Minimap icon signalising patrols is bugged and moves so slowly. Maps are also a bit too straightforward, could've used more of maze approach if you ask me.

I also played that Thief game few years ago. Hard to forget cradle mission.

"
Piffle213 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm pretty new to PoE (I finished the campaign last season but that was it) and am trying out this build. Really enjoying it so far. Can someone explain to me why it's important to level multiple of the same gem?

"
Important reminder: Don't forget to level additional CA gems in your weapon slot. They still level even if you don't use them.

I've been leveling 2 so far but I don't know why and maybe I should be leveling more than 2? Lol

Viktranka answered that. I mean, you lose nothing by using all 6 weapon swap gem slots to level CA. I'm even adding more if i have more slots.

"
kaygee82 wrote:
I have a question about how this game is against the endgame bosses and how "the road" there feels, I see OP says single target dps is mediocre but is it a decent bosskiller? And will the way to awakener feel decent or is the gear needed kinda difficult to get?

In trade league you should have 0 troubles all the way to end game bosses. +3 bow and lvl 21 CA with all other suppors being 20/20 will carry you easily. Awakener is going to be a challenge due to his huge hp pool and being invulnerable half of the time.

Build is tanky in general, allows you to survive majority of mistakes you make. Constantly doing mistakes will get you killed tho. You kill bosses by knowing their mechanics and manually dodging their skills, with this amount of movement speed it's very easy. Eventually they'll die. Videos showcase damage output very well.

"
EmptyJar wrote:
Haven't found it in the guide. What's the purpose of barrage in the frenzy links? Also there's no barrage in "current gear" section.

It's stated right under description of a gem setup:

"Allows to quickly generate Frenzy charges and Onslaught, while cursing enemy at the same time."

It's also useful for Awakened Hextouch Support purposes for super end game and hitting enemies 4 or more times makes accuracy not a problem. First shot appears significantly faster too, allowing to cancel attack if needed. "Current" gear is nothing what i use now. Nowadays it's mostly a showcase what you're looking for with clear list. My actual current gear would be either insane (lvl 98 harvest geared char) or incredibly poor (lvl 88 heist char).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the guide, this is a good return to bow builds for me, after a good while avoiding them!
Newest hotfix arrived where GGG just killed what made Heist interesting and engaging. That means alert level doesn't go up if you kill guards, turning it into "pick your loot" mini-game. This also causes following:

* Karst is absolute no brainer and you should pick him if you can. Currently for me he reduced alert level from opening chests by 35% at level 4, prolly goes up to 40% at lvl 5.
* Nenet's special ability is now pointless, which is already terrible due to minimap icon for patrols not working properly.
* It kills the only reason for stealth approach and necessity to evaluate risks properly. It's very important, because it forced you to be smart about your actions. The risk and reward balance is what made this mechanic fun for me.

Now it's loot pinata as everything else. Oh right, enemies waiting in formation for you are also nerfed. Reducing amount of rare mobs (and with it dangerous auras) is totally fine, but dumbing down their AI is... just why? EDIT: actually it's not in yet i think but GGG wants to add this.

Now all that's left in Heist is cool theme. I'm very, very sad.

EDIT2: Tried 2 heists to see changes. I opened every single chest with Karst on my team and still have 1/3 alert to use. That's one way to ruin the league.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 22, 2020, 10:10:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info