[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hello great build. I was wondering what would you think of a trickster version? might have higher dps while still tanky enough.
"
Tomymoonly wrote:
Hello great build. I was wondering what would you think of a trickster version? might have higher dps while still tanky enough.

From the front page/guide:

Spoiler
Other Ascendancy Classes

Alright, i get it. You dislike Raider for some reason, probably not enough damage. There are alternative ascendancies using the exact same passive tree. Beware, the guide is NOT optimized for these ascendancies.

Starting with the best one:

Trickster

Ascendancy: Patient Reaper -> Prolonged Pain -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist
Base passive tree (Level 95)

Highest damage output out of all ascendancy classes. Good survivability against all type of content. Lower speed and QoL compared to Raider.
Hello, thanks for this build , in this league i will play CA but was thinking in use in the second bow Essence drain vs bosses i think it will be nice with this build focused on DoT.
"
kokashy wrote:
Hello, thanks for this build , in this league i will play CA but was thinking in use in the second bow Essence drain vs bosses i think it will be nice with this build focused on DoT.

After ED not being nerfed, I was considering doing the same, but with the gem set in the chest piece.
The second bow you mentioned follow the same mods as the primary?
It would be the first time using the skill for end game content.

"
Haasts wrote:
"
Tomymoonly wrote:

From the front page/guide:

Spoiler
Other Ascendancy Classes

Alright, i get it. You dislike Raider for some reason, probably not enough damage. There are alternative ascendancies using the exact same passive tree. Beware, the guide is NOT optimized for these ascendancies.

Starting with the best one:

Trickster

Ascendancy: Patient Reaper -> Prolonged Pain -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist
Base passive tree (Level 95)

Highest damage output out of all ascendancy classes. Good survivability against all type of content. Lower speed and QoL compared to Raider.

Am I wrong or due to the ascendancy class, the build would benefit more with a ES + CI approach than pure life?
Last edited by dHsn on Sep 18, 2020, 11:51:19 AM
To be really effective with ED/Soulrend one needs spell power. Quite a bit of damage in this build scales off of projectile/bow modifiers, which wouldn't affect spells.
"
kokashy wrote:

That's what this build used to do. However it's not very good playstyle anymore. ED's base damage is not the greatest unfortunately and a lot of nodes CA Raider picks up are bow/attack only which are also extremely efficient. You would need to invest into great cluster jewels to make it worth, which is going to cost a lot.

Adding Toxic Rain instead will net you significantly more damage than using ED at no real changes to passive tree. With three jewellery pieces with -9 to mana cost of skills you might be able to sustain constant firing. Only reason to not use TR over ED is extra regen you get from it, and also not having to stand still to fire.

"
dHsn wrote:
After ED not being nerfed, I was considering doing the same, but with the gem set in the chest piece.
The second bow you mentioned follow the same mods as the primary?
It would be the first time using the skill for end game content.

You can check out older versions of the build, they were optimized for this particular playstyle.

"
dHsn wrote:
Am I wrong or due to the ascendancy class, the build would benefit more with a ES + CI approach than pure life?

Good luck getting enough evasion to cap evade chance, high enough ES to make it worth and without annihilating your damage. Maybe it's possible now with cluster jewels but... i still doubt you can achieve this. If you want ES/Evasion character, you use Trickster.

Using life based character with Kintsugi, Wind Dancer, Aspect of the Crab etc. gives ridiculous amount of effective life against single hits while having ridiculous avoidance as well. All of that without having to spending every penny to squeeze every little bit more of ES into your build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
dHsn wrote:

If you meant the trickster version, you can make it either as CI or as a hybrid life+ES both are viable.
Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 19, 2020, 9:30:53 AM
I'm loving the build so far, but could I suggest a change to the twink gear? Victario's Flight gives far more relevant stats in larger quantities than Wanderlust, not to mention a larger overall speed bonus, and is usable incredibly early.

Thanks for this build guide. I've never done a bow build myself and I'm enjoying how it plays.
IGN Bow_Virginity_Broken
Hello, I ran this build in Harvest and had a great time. But I do not normally run the same build twice in a row, so this league I went with a specter build. But running heists with minions is very difficult as they seem to fill up the alarm bar way to fast to be practical.

So my question is fairly simple, how does this build do when running heists?

I like Heist. Started out awesome due to all new mechanic, guards assuming formation at the door is something we need more. Then slowly felt like running the same thing over and over. Stealth is almost nonexistent with few exceptions, plus you rarely can even avoid patrols. Then once i hit maps it became interesting again. So many new members, i finally found a blueprint after many heists. Grand heist is where the fun lies.

In heists i can usually loot half of the map in not more and get away with it. There's little strategy involved, you simply pick one of the members and run it. Grand heists seem to be different (i managed to run only a single one). You can pick up to 3 members per wing. Do you pick crew members for their passives or abilities? Which ones will you take to maximize loot? Pretty sure we as players will figure it out all soon. For now i think it's very entertaining. I'm trying to level up all members as much as possible to boost their level and with it their perks. I'll share my strategy later on once it's more estabilished. Ah, and the loot from grand heists? I think it's great.

Bow wasn't in grand heist but in random weapon chest from lvl 51 contract. I'll need Dread essences to craft it into +2 or +3. All body armours however were picked up in final room on grand heist. Two 5-links and one very good rare. Sounds good to me considering i hit maps not too long ago and my gear is still awful. Looking forward to next grand heist.

Only thing i'm not a fan of right now are random heavy hits i take. I don't even know from where. Which mob hit me? Escapes are a little chaotic so it's hard to find it out without replays. I do know that automaton encounters are extremely deadly. Some monster create a very delayed explosion which hits like truck, likely physical damage and a spell. Multiple of those can easily kill you.

"
isomeras wrote:
Spoiler
I'm loving the build so far, but could I suggest a change to the twink gear? Victario's Flight gives far more relevant stats in larger quantities than Wanderlust, not to mention a larger overall speed bonus, and is usable incredibly early.

Thanks for this build guide. I've never done a bow build myself and I'm enjoying how it plays.

I definitely value freeze immunity higher than little bit of extra stats. Wanderlusts are also lower level unique, you equip it right away and use for a very long time.

"
Skua99 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello, I ran this build in Harvest and had a great time. But I do not normally run the same build twice in a row, so this league I went with a specter build. But running heists with minions is very difficult as they seem to fill up the alarm bar way to fast to be practical.

So my question is fairly simple, how does this build do when running heists?

So far no troubles. Being able to just run past enemies easily to avoid increasing alert level is very useful. I'm only scared of eventual oneshot, because sometimes i just take a huge hit and don't even know what hit me.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 20, 2020, 12:10:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info