[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Viktranka wrote:
Phew, managed to make a last moment glove craft, will probably never have similar item again. :D

how did you managed to craft a glove like that?

My final gear. I didn't played much so I think I could improve the quiver/amulet but I still got some good crafts from the grove.
By far is the strongest version I played so far. Without a doubt the best league I played for CA builds.
With the above gloves think I could reach almost 900k dps (current on 758900k).
The Kintsugi armour was an amazing addition, compared to my previous version.
reading the guide was a good way to upgrade it.
Thanks.

"
dHsn wrote:
how did you managed to craft a glove like that?
Absolute dumb luck, that's how.

So to elaborate:
I got awakener orb from a Sirus kill and kept it in case I have time / currency to bother with the glove.

Bought elder glove with t1 chaos dot suffix. Edit: I thought it was hunter but it's elder... doesn't matter anyway, it's the same mod.

Bought warlord glove with t1 inc dot prefix. Then realized it has +block suffix which is also warlords... so I bought another pair of gloves just to not copy the block with awakener orb like a dumbass.

Combod the 2 for double influence. And here's the dumb luck part it got the culling strike on top of the 2 guaranteed mods. I didn't even think it was possible. None of the original gloves had it.

I think you can add it with "add influence" craft but that's definitely more expensive, as you'd have to rng 1 out of 4 or something along these lines.

The rest is probably not very eventful, so the glove came with added fire to attacks prefix and 1 empty prefix and suffix.

I went to augment life and got life regen suffix... welp my bad. Had to remove life and craft a suffix to block that.

So then tried again add life and after some leech rolls and whatnot managed to get good life roll (my only t1 from harvest, my amulet and quiver and abyss jewel don't seem to wanna roll top tier life no matter what, belt / helmet I started from alt-spamming life roll to stop that problem, chest I bought with life on it).

After that I used remove fire to remove fire to attacks and augment defense / remove add defense until it goes "evasion + life" (it can roll pure evasion things or evasion + stun recovery I think), it's good to have pure base for this and not some dex/int hybrid because these have more rolls.

Also used harvest to recolor it with change random socket to red+blue because getting 4 off-color on a dex glove is annoying otherwise.

So yeah, it was my lucky item of the season.

Other harvest crafted items:

Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 13, 2020, 6:53:13 PM
Managed to get the helm done that you suggested. Wonder if I can get one of the good lab enchants on it this week now... I feel like if I tag all shrines and use the twice enchanted prophecy it might be doable to farm. The sad thing is I got the right lab enchant on my previous helm myself but the helm saw ilvl 80 and I was still learning the basics of crafting.
Last edited by Adinay_Locksley on Sep 14, 2020, 7:38:02 PM
Yeah well on one side I should have worked on the belt enchant when it was available, on the other hand lab traps are my bane and the belt enchant lab is the one with the buff to traps (other 2 had buffs to Izarro and buffs to lab trash mobs which was nothing). I went with twice enchanted and +1 font dark shrine and still got 3x useless enchant. Took my challenge reward and left, didn't try again. :/

The helmet enchant is not really that crucial, 40% increased damage is only slightly more than a cluster jewel notable that gives 30-35% increased. The increased duration is a nice QoL but tbh I feel like there's usually enough downtime to refresh CA and long lived bosses have the tendency to jump out of it anyway (hello Sirus).

The -9 res is actually pretty good because first it has a range of 60 so the "nearby" is more like "visible screen radius" as long as you're not off-screening it applies, and second there are very few things that affect resists, mostly despair curse, but bosses have reduced effect of curses on them.

I must say pre-harvest I never managed to craft one of these (well ok I rolled it once in synthesis before the likelyhood of rolling it was nerfed to oblivion, but it had trash stats so I rerolled it and didn't get it again), so I'm happy to make one and keep it in standard just in case. It's not the best but I'll probably never have one again.
I use withering step and dash which also give good lab options so frankly i'll settle for either of those or CA enchant. Any of those options for any 3 skills would be good.
I'm curious to see the other versions for CA from new league and how this could impact the build.
Done. This is actually really good with how I play CA since I also use withering step on left click. Playing this way means that even with second wind I have, at any given time, at most 1 dash use.

Last edited by Adinay_Locksley on Sep 15, 2020, 5:25:31 PM
Grats, with second wind that's like 4 dashes, by the time you use last one the first one should be already back.
I'm back with another story time post. Last two weeks of harvest were quite intense for me. I wasn't sure if i can finish all of my ideal CA gear considering how tough boots and amulet were to craft. I had insane streaks of bad luck this league but ending made up for it:

* I crafted all the gear i wanted. It's not 100% perfect, but still very close. I could get little more damage if i absolutely min-maxed everything. Not enough time for that tho.
* After total 27 A8 Sirus and 2 A4 kills this league i finally dropped Awakener's Orb, then another one next kill.
* Finally 6-linked my second bleed bow. Still took roughly 2500 fuses.
* Managed to get 36 challenges 10 minutes before the league ends. I never intended to go for but i decided to give a shot. Wouldn't have done it without one buddy i helped a lot this league, he returned the favour when i needed it the most.

CA gear i crafted this league + 36 challenges story
Spoiler

There's couple of tweaks i could've done but didn't manage to. Not enough time, crafts and money left to attempt it. Would've been possible if i wasn't so ridiculously unlucky with Awakener's Orbs. Regardless, playing with all of this combined feels ridiculously smooth. Absolutely worth the investment. I still could use better helmet enchant but i doubt i'll attempt it any time soon. Also i need to change annointment to Hardened Scars for extra tankiness during deep delving. I still plan to go as deep as i possibly can.

Overall crafting this gear was ridiculously expensive. I failed 50% chance to remove multimod from my bow 7 times in a row, so it cost me well over 40ex to even craft it. At least i got T1 speed in just a couple of speed readds. I'm extremely proud of my boots. I bought another pair to try to go for T1 endurance charge on kill mod without potentially bricking my previous ones. I got lucky this time around and got it quickly, followed by closer to average 10% spell dodge. Rest was easy to finish. Amulet i didn't expect to finish, but i used remaining influenced crafts i had after finishing my boots to MAYBE hit T1 life and +1 dex. I hit T2 life regen, so i decided to give "reforge item with current mods being much more likely to roll" a try with prefixes cannot be changed. Rerolled T2 life regen into T1. Crafting rest was a matter of time. I could go more into details but i really don't want to write a book about it.

36 Challenges Story
Throwing this inside as well since i just wanted to share my last 3-4 hour struggle. It's more personal and doesn't matter in any context for this build.

Despite not really caring about getting 36 challenges before, i figured out i have a good chance to grab that portal before league ends. I got lucky with harbinger upgrade challenge. Completed 2 Infused Beachheads and got a scroll for a unique that i could purchase. So i decided to roll with it and try getting remaining 2 challenges done. I killed possessed Delirium boss relatively easily. I only needed 1 last challenge after that, refused to do ilvl 83 labs because buffed traps hurt like hell and i really didn't want to lose my lvl 100 character. I was close to finishing Winged Scarabs one, but unfortunately i couldn't buy last remaining few i needed. Only other thing left was to complete Simulacrum, and i got extremely unlucky with mods. Buffed up like hell Omniphobia at the end, twice. Nope, i'm not risking that. Thankfully one guy i helped a lot this league pointed me to a group of people pushing lvl 100 before end of the league and they allowed me to get Simulacrum completion for free, 10 mins before the league ends.

Bleed Gladiator was great
Lastly this thing. I already wrote a massive post about it in my other guide so i'll mention this briefly. It felt extremely good to play after i got my core items and endurance charge generation. Damage output with this amount of safety and mobility (20% more AS/Move speed ain't a joke) with classic bleed bow playstyle was simply amazing. After i came back to my lvl 100 Raider with 1 million tooltip dps, it felt slow in comparison in many ways. Perks of being a build with significantly better scaling. Raider is still much better on budget imo, safer at least.

To not make this any longer - i already checked out patch notes. Doesn't seem to be any big changes with few exceptions. Not sure if Corruption's 0,2% chaos damage leech is a replacement for 20% Wither effect or an extra. How good doom mechanic is? Either way i can take it easy this league. Will start working tomorrow.

"
Spoiler
Any suggestions before harvest crafting is over? Thank you for keeping up with this build & thread. It is extremely impressive how well put together the guide is, especially someone like me who is new to the game and learning crafting.

Quite late, was quite busy last few days. If you look at my gear, then absolute biggest impact crafts are definitely amulet (which you already had, decent one at that) and boots. However crafting boots is a nightmare and even if i told you earlier there was almost no chance to complete them without luck or lots of money involved. Going for -9% chaos res helmet was a good call, crafting them since weighting changes has been a complete nightmare and any source of chaos resistance reduction is amazing. Rest of the crafts are on similar level, with rings and gloves being least important.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Phew, managed to make a last moment glove craft, will probably never have similar item again. :D

Amazing gloves, definitely better than what i have. Completely forgot about Culling Strike being a thing, but then again it's only really good for very beefy bosses. Still good chunk of extra effective damage. Imagine if you also hit +1 max Frenzy charges. That would be huge amount of damage from gloves alone.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah well on one side I should have worked on the belt enchant when it was available, on the other hand lab traps are my bane and the belt enchant lab is the one with the buff to traps (other 2 had buffs to Izarro and buffs to lab trash mobs which was nothing). I went with twice enchanted and +1 font dark shrine and still got 3x useless enchant. Took my challenge reward and left, didn't try again. :/

The helmet enchant is not really that crucial, 40% increased damage is only slightly more than a cluster jewel notable that gives 30-35% increased. The increased duration is a nice QoL but tbh I feel like there's usually enough downtime to refresh CA and long lived bosses have the tendency to jump out of it anyway (hello Sirus).

I tried that lab in standard, 80% trap damage hurts like hell. However with 36% less damage from Kintsgui+Wind Dancer and extra 20% from Crab, DoT ones were totally manageable. Too bad that you can bug out and take damage twice from spikes which is capable of instantly killing your character. Not HC friendly. Sucks that you didn't hit the right enchant but with 15 total enchants, odds were against you.

I somewhat agree on helmet enchant. With little extra duration being added over time, 30% duration is not that necessary especially if you invest into cluster jewels (10% from Wicked Pall). I still prefer it over damage tho. It's good for plenty of mechanics where you take defensive approach, so breach/blight and similar. As you already know i'll take QoL over minor damage increase any time.

"
dHsn wrote:
Spoiler
I'm curious to see the other versions for CA from new league and how this could impact the build.

As i already mentioned earlier in this post - not much is going to change. I can only hope that alternate quality CA brings something good to the table.

"
Spoiler
Done. This is actually really good with how I play CA since I also use withering step on left click. Playing this way means that even with second wind I have, at any given time, at most 1 dash use.

I wanted to try out something similar on my bleed bow. 10% elusive on crit boots mod and LMB Withering Step to keep refreshing it so i always have high elusive effect values. I was more than disappointed. Withering Step defensive buff just does absolutely nothing during clear and 10% to get Elusive on Crit was not reliable enough. Withering Step wasn't even up 10% of the time and it should be the same for Raider. The only value i see is extra damage from Wither stacks, but do you really need that?

Can't complain about Dash tho. Not my cup of tea but it's a good skill regardless.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
@DankawSL Much appreciation for this build. I started playing a little under four weeks left in Harvest, and this is my first ARPG in general. Immediately fell in love with the game and genre..and premium stash tabs (that's how they get you I guess). Some buddies pointed me towards this build and I just had a blast. It gave me fantastic direction within the fog of complexity but still allowed me to color outside the lines and learn about the game overall. Even managed to squeak out 28/40 about 45 minutes before end of league!

Again, much appreciation for your time and effort into this build and keeping it relevant.
Last edited by swiftyseven on Sep 16, 2020, 3:44:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info