[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
AutumnL34f wrote:
Big Thanks for the indepth guide with crafting-section, which i often miss in other guides. I guess thats your only guide, giving the depth of it or are there others ?
He has his other build in the sig:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247655 (It's a bleed bow gladiator.)
About cluster jewels, did anyone made a succesful build using it?
I'm level 91 and my char was at 347k dps, all gems lvl19 + 3 jewels with 21/22/23 DoT dps (chaos/damage over time/projectile damage) and I decided to try a large cluster jewel but lost 18k dps along side things like AoE.

I was using this one

With a unique corrupted

Rarity: Unique
Megalomaniac
Medium Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Fettle
1 Added Passive Skill is Weight Advantage
1 Added Passive Skill is Wicked Pall
--------
If you're going to act like you're better than everyone else, make sure you are.
--------
Place into an allocated Medium or Large Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Added passives do not interact with jewel radiuses. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Corrupted
"
dHsn wrote:
I'm level 91 and my char was at 347k dps, all gems lvl19 + 3 jewels with 21/22/23 DoT dps (chaos/damage over time/projectile damage) and I decided to try a large cluster jewel but lost 18k dps along side things like AoE.

If you're not SSF no reason to run around with lvl 19 gem... Just buy a lvl 21 one.

About clusters, they're worth it if you get a good one. That means large should have 8 passives, anything above that and you're losing passive points on sub par nodes. Yours has 10.

With harvest crafting it's not bad to craft them, no idea how will their state be in 3.12 will they be changed, will they still be worth it, but atm it's pretty viable to self craft them.

My strat was take a large base ilvl 50 to 67 to lower amount of notables it can roll. Reforge with "chaos is more common" and fish for double prefix, possible prefixes is wicked pall, misery everlasting, unwaveringly evil and touch of cruelty. The last one is a bit meh (last season I used aspect of the spider to proc it but this season I'm trying crab like the guide suggests so that notable would be unreliable at best), so I try to fish for wicked pall (best node) + misery or unwaveringly evil. After that, augment attack or caster for guaranteed unholy grace suffix (don't augment chaos like I did at first and end up with chaos res).

Also not gonna bother with megalomaniac, I'd rather just use a medium one for the extra socket but to each their own. With harvest crafting allowing making rare jewels much easier, that socket atm is very worth it.
It's been a while since i last visit here or played PoE (~10 days). I realised that it's already 3rd month of the league so i equipped couple of my perfect harvest crafted items, only to die few hours later.

RIP clip as usual

Usually i'm not mad when i die since it's my fault most of the time. This isn't the case this time. You can read my full take on this death in video description.

I'm still playing and crafting gear for this char. I'll keep playing until all of my chars die or until harvest ends. It's been the first league where i spent all 3 months. To be fair i feel guilty spending this much time on one game... Deep down i hope next league is not going to be this enjoyable so i don't waste another 3 months of my life.

Either way i'll be testing how good min-maxed build is in delve (in standard obviously). I'm already close to 500 without any additional deaths and i'm still missing my extremely important boots. I hope to reach 600 without any troubles. Afterwards... we'll see.

I didn't bother trying my luck in racing gauntlet. I'm already exhausted after playing for so long. At least there's 2 CA Raiders relatively high on the ladder in my stead.

"
yengold41 wrote:
i cant view build links, does any1 has same issue?

i couldnt use pathofbuilding as well sadly my country blocked pastebin, vpn didnt solve issues

I know reply is outdated by nearly 2 weeks, but i hope you'll check back eventually.

I don't know where you live but the issue appears to be your country/ISP blocking access to certain servers. I use link shortener for passive trees in order to save some character so i don't hit 50k limit. Pastebin might be hosted on the same servers, denying access to PoB link. I can paste the whole PoB code inside a post if you still need it.

"
dHsn wrote:
Spoiler

I was using this one

With a unique corrupted

Rarity: Unique
Megalomaniac
Medium Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Fettle
1 Added Passive Skill is Weight Advantage
1 Added Passive Skill is Wicked Pall
--------
If you're going to act like you're better than everyone else, make sure you are.
--------
Place into an allocated Medium or Large Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Added passives do not interact with jewel radiuses. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Corrupted

Tree is already so efficient that cluster jewels offer only small advantage compared to it. It's less about damage but more about extra life / recovery / QoL. I can tell you that having 2 Brush with Death notables is absolutely amazing for sustain.

In general i wouldn't bother with Megalomaniac, or cluster jewels in general unless your character is already ridiculous. It was easy to craft them in harvest. Once it's gone, crafting ideal jewel is going to be big pain in the ass once again.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Aug 29, 2020, 2:30:49 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
RIP clip as usual

Usually i'm not mad when i die since it's my fault most of the time. This isn't the case this time. You can read my full take on this death in video description.
F

Every time I get caught in these slowing fields I spam dash key and hope it gets me out in time. I just hate the delirium fog effect because it's so hard to see ground crap like the slow field or ice nova inside it.
"
DankawSL wrote:

RIP clip as usual

I think dash + second wind support can save you. but I do agree its really stupid mechanic. AFAIK It's unlikely to dodge that with leap slam and blink arrow even with faster attack. I'm sorry its happened to you :(

Anyone feels like dodge/evasion feel so RNG compare to Block + Armor character.
I tried max block Bleed Glad + Divine Flesh from Glorious Vanity. I feel so op, can tank Sirus beam easily. but the gears are so hard to find and craft compare to CA raider and I like CA raider QoL more. Next league it will be harder to craft gear without harvest, so it could make Divine Flesh less OP? We will have to wait and see.

"
MKDE wrote:
Anyone feels like dodge/evasion feel so RNG compare to Block + Armor character.
I tried max block Bleed Glad + Divine Flesh from Glorious Vanity. I feel so op, can tank Sirus beam easily.
Block is OP because of all the on-block effects so you constantly regen from blocking. Also I'd imagine gladiator has leech while this spec if you get hit you either wait for regen or you have to use flask. I guess that's why the min maxed harvest POB that was posted here at some point had so much focus on squeezing extra regen mods like on belt and amulet.

Seems on the recently finished gauntlet race event (SSFHC with piled up extra dmg mods) the 2 highest progressed rangers were some form of caustic arrow raider so all things combined it's more tanky than an average build but not as tanky as glads / necros / tricksters that piled block + on-block effects. Remember when aegis aurora was so strong it was put on grandmasters in HOGM to troll players with immortal builds? Imagine well crafted shields that have 3x as much bonuses.

On an unrelated note, this build served me well for another league, some guy was selling lvl 83 delve boss for challenge but plot twist he was only selling access not kill. Having to solo kill Kurgal on someone else's gateway that is on a different continent wasn't funny but at least I didn't die.

"
Seems on the recently finished gauntlet race event (SSFHC with piled up extra dmg mods) the 2 highest progressed rangers were some form of caustic arrow raider so all things combined it's more tanky than an average build but not as tanky as glads / necros / tricksters that piled block + on-block effects. Remember when aegis aurora was so strong it was put on grandmasters in HOGM to troll players with immortal builds? Imagine well crafted shields that have 3x as much bonuses.

Gaunlet is so brutal. I ripped to weaver 1st time with 800 hp -40 chaos resist and 2nd time with 800hp and 0 chaos resist but it was ghosted weaver. I'm so blind and terrible at this game :(

I wish GGG buff evasion/dodge just a little bit. One juicy phys spell or multiple phys spell + map mods can kill you easily.
"
MKDE wrote:
I wish GGG buff evasion/dodge just a little bit. One juicy phys spell or multiple phys spell + map mods can kill you easily.
Sadly from what we've seen they're planning to give some "answer" in POE2 in a form of new ascendancy that can toggle between attack evasion and spell evasion... Which imo signals they won't deal with it until POE2 and even in POE2 if you don't like that specific new ascendancy or the rest of it won't synergize with your build, you won't get any of it.

I really dislike the fact that since they announced POE2 they're not doing any sweeping ascendancy changes only small tweaks. Some ascendancies desperately need one, like elementalist that is basically "that golem summoner spec" and then it has like 2,5 useful nodes out of 4.

The last big change was in Blight I think when they introduced Elusive mechanic.
Thank you for this guide man. This is like my bible for this game. Just started a month a go and this really helps newbie like me.

Too bad, I wasn't able to follow the PoB the first day I played my ranger and wasted 7 passive points. But I am still having fun currently with my 4k HP Caustic build.

I am hardly looking for the flask "Bubbling Divine Flask of Staunching" that you use on your build and I can't find it any on trade. May I know where can I get that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info