[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

It's been almost a week since league's release. I should finally start adding certain crafting options. Amulet and quiver are 100% being added, others... maybe? I mean, you can always do something with all gear slots. Adding absolutely everything will likely meet with 50k character post limit so i have to be picky. In general harvest crafting can be summed up very easily:

Common harvest crafting process:
Step #1 - Alt->Regal, chaos spam, harvest spam (reforge recipes) a certain mod combo
Step #2 - Remove unnecesary mods if it's possible (that's why imo alt->regal is strongest)
Step #3 - Slowly add / readd specific mods
Step #4 - Your item is finished

It's just a matter of what item, what affix to start with and what to add. Extremely simple. To give very quick example of best item to harvest craft for this build:

+2 Hunter Amulet:
Step #1 - Alt+aug spam +1 Level to All Dexterity Skill Gems, regal afterwards
Step #2 - Remove unnecessary mods
Step #3 - Add chaos mods until you hit following mods:

* +1 Level to All Chaos Skill Gems
* +X to Chaos DoT Multiplier
* +X% to Chaos Resistance

Step #4 - Craft any suffix on crafting bench
Step #5 - Add/readd life mod until you hit at least +70 to Maximum Life and finish the craft afterwards.

This is obviously a rough sketch how it looks. It's probably going to change a little bit to make it impossible to fail at (which is the toughest part to do if you ask me).

As a side note, i'm currently #1 ranger on HC trade league without trying at all. Might even try pushing ladder... again. For now i want my last set of watchstone so i can keep progressing and finally start crafting some gear.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thank you for this build. It's a ton of fun!
"
cimerea wrote:
Alright.
Since chaos-like recrafts are aplenty this league ima toss it up a bit to see if i can get something more interesting out of it. Otherwise not gonna bother.
After the announcement today I think best course of action is to hold off crafting any clusters until the 3.11.1 patch they announced for next week that will bake jewel sockets into clusters so we don't have to manually roll them (as they wouldn't be harvest-craft targetable anyway).

I'm definitely holding my breath that the patch will make decent clusters possible to craft again without breaking a mirror.
What can I do to fix my single target damage? As of right now im shitting on map clearing but once i get to a boss im kiting them for hours.
im currently on act 9 and having alot of trouble with mana, did i miss a node or something to help sustain it?

seems i didnt have clarity, mana issue solved
Last edited by coady24 on Jun 27, 2020, 3:55:24 AM
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
What can I do to fix my single target damage? As of right now im shitting on map clearing but once i get to a boss im kiting them for hours.
The single target damage is a bit slow on this build, but generally:
- ensure your totems are up (you should be able to summon 3 of them)
- ensure despair is applied
- I don't know if you did the swap from grace to malevolence, but at some point you should
- progress the usual damage upgrades depending on prices, like getting lvl 21 CA, empower (rank 3+), getting more chaos multi on gear, getting +3 bow etc.

Also anoint your neck, aspect of the eagle or farsight are cheap simple damage increases. Corruption requires a bit better oils but will boost your wither totem debuff effectiveness significantly.
Question to the author
this helmet will do
I've been doing a lot of gardening recently to get the feeling on how common targetted slams are and... they're quite rare but not as rare as reddit might make you believe. However when combined with Primal Maw Seed drop rate (which is one of the rare T1 seeds) finding chaos slam will take some time, that's for sure. Having that in mind i can't really advice three chaos slams to complete an item. I don't know how expensive it is in SC but it surely can't be cheap.

That means i have to make sacrifices when making guidelines for harvest crafting. It's worth mentioning that crafting majority of BiS CA gear requires at 2 chaos slams on average (thanks to chaos res), so... there's high chance i'll only add amulet since it's the most impactful item with only 1 chaos slam required (and eventually readd chaos) for crafting if done properly. Crafting options with reverse method, so alt spamming chaos mod and then fill with life/resists takes a long time and probably is as expensive in the long run. That being said there still might be some adjustments to harvest crafting in general, it's 9th day after all.

I'll be adding that +2 Hunter Amulet harvest crafting method today for sure.

"
artemis7812 wrote:
Spoiler
Question to the author
this helmet will do

No life, vendor. Your setup for autocursing looks great if you really struggle against normal monster in mapping (and you shouldn't ever in trade league). Besides that function which is redundant in the long run, it barely does anything for the build.
Spoiler
"
DankawSL wrote:

"
artemis7812 wrote:
Spoiler
Question to the author
this helmet will do

No life, vendor. Your setup for autocursing looks great if you really struggle against normal monster in mapping (and you shouldn't ever in trade league). Besides that function which is redundant in the long run, it barely does anything for the build.
Tbh not sure why would someone sacrifice a 4-link just for curse, there are easier ways to auto-curse and for smaller sacrifice.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Tbh not sure why would someone sacrifice a 4-link just for curse, there are easier ways to auto-curse and for smaller sacrifice.

I can see it being useful in SSF early on before you get 6-link bow, that's why i hinted it's not useful in trade. I know that i would sometimes leave Despair unlinked and manually curse tough magic packs. Trade eliminates necessity of it completely, so for majority of players it's useless.

It CAN be decent if you fit in extra ED setup in there, mostly for extra regen than damage but that's still suboptimal because you lose a lot of stats normal helmet offers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info