[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
How does it even happen? For some reason, for a long time now +1 arrow doesn't count as an attack mod for metacrafting purposes (Cannot roll Attack mods), but it counts as an attack for fossil/harvest crafting purposes. It's the only mod like that on bows, so harvest slamming attack mod guarantees you'll get extra arrow.

Tried to remove attack add attack, got a warning "This operation could not be complete"

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong or they changed it.
Last edited by Nininnjak10 on Jul 3, 2020, 12:59:44 AM
"
Nininnjak10 wrote:
Spoiler
"
How does it even happen? For some reason, for a long time now +1 arrow doesn't count as an attack mod for metacrafting purposes (Cannot roll Attack mods), but it counts as an attack for fossil/harvest crafting purposes. It's the only mod like that on bows, so harvest slamming attack mod guarantees you'll get extra arrow.

Tried to remove attack add attack, got a warning "This operation could not be complete"

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong or they changed it.

Then you messed up one of the steps, prolly didn't execute step 2 (which exists mostly to make this method more streamlined).

Of course you can't execute this craft because you have no attack mod in the first place. You have to add it, which i also point out in crafting method.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jul 3, 2020, 5:48:06 AM
"
Of course you can't execute this craft because you have no attack mod in the first place. You have to add it, which i also point out in crafting method.

But isn't +x socketed bow gems an attack mod? At least according to PoeDB. but I guess it's different to the rest like Additional arrow.

Update

Managed to do it
Last edited by Nininnjak10 on Jul 3, 2020, 12:47:11 PM
"
Nininnjak10 wrote:
"

But isn't +x socketed bow gems an attack mod? At least according to PoeDB. but I guess it's different to the rest like Additional arrow.
Bow gems has blue label but not black. Extra arrows has black but not blue. I guess that's why they're incompatible. And I guess that's what Danka meant saying the arrows count as attack for one type of mod but not for the other.
July 3rd, 2020
Crafting Sectiong:
* Added Harvest Crafting Method for Hunter Amulet.
* Separated Hunter Amulet from Jewellery Crafting, since it's huge damage boost and you can reliably craft it this league.
* Improved End Game Bow Harvest Crafting.

============

Finally done. Once i confirmed some mechanics by crafting things myself and also confirming some probabilities of mods, it wasn't too bad. Looks good. I'll try to add Hunter Quiver crafting next. Should be simple enough now that i finished both bow and amulet crafts.

I'm still "racing" to 100, if you can call spending significant time in grove crafting. It tremendously eats up time and lowers xp/h. At least it paid off:

I also managed to hit 99 for the first time without dying in a stupid way. I hope to finally reach my goal this league, even tho it still feels like cheating by doing it in a trade league (despite minimal trading).

"
Nininnjak10 wrote:
Spoiler
"

Update

Managed to do it

I completely forgot +# bow gems isn't tagged as an attack mod for fossil/harvest, so when i looked at the bow i was certain you hit +1 all gems. My bad. Already added specific case for it.
Thanks for the guide.

There is a lot of content here and I just wanted to find out, can this build do t16+ 100% delerius content in a group?

Thanks
"
Locusk8412 wrote:
There is a lot of content here and I just wanted to find out, can this build do t16+ 100% delerius content in a group?
Personally I think if you play in a group i.e. with aura bot and curse bot there are better scaling builds out there. Same as with headhunter. Playing an elemental / phys to ele conversion crit based build scales much better with HH or aurabots.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Locusk8412 wrote:
Personally I think if you play in a group i.e. with aura bot and curse bot there are better scaling builds out there. Same as with headhunter. Playing an elemental / phys to ele conversion crit based build scales much better with HH or aurabots.

Thanks, its just 2 of us, he is a tanky melee build and I'm trying to bring the DPS :D
"
Step 7: (UNCONFIRMED, not sure if seed level doesn't restrict +2 arrows)

Just got +2 arrows from +- attack craft, seeds were 76+ on my 100ilvl imperial bow.
Nemesis IGN: MadCozDead
July 5th, 2020
Crafting Section:
* Added Harvest Crafting Method for Hunter Quiver.
* Moved Hunter Amulet above Hunter Quiver, since it's more impactful
* Added example amulet and quiver. I should get better ones later.

"
Locusk8412 wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

Thanks

Question i can't really answer. Grouping is fine with CA, but combined with 100% delirious maps... You'll need a lot of extra damage. Should be doable this league with 2 people. Overall, CA doesn't have very high damage ceiling. If it's not enough, you can always convert to Toxic Rain for more damage at cost of defence and safer playstyle.

"
Exclaim wrote:
Just got +2 arrows from +- attack craft, seeds were 76+ on my 100ilvl imperial bow.

That's good to know, thanks. I already expected it to work, but better safe than sorry. Seeing you don't use it i expect you didn't finish it yet. If you need help metacrafting it i can provide it.
Last edited by DankawSL on Jul 5, 2020, 9:05:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info