[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
"
Can anyone answer this:
Why should we go for "30% caustic arrow duration" over caustic arrow damage Helm enchant ?
Thank you and loving the build so far.

So you can keep dealing damage even while dodging. At lower duration values (below 2 seconds) it happens very often that degen runs out before you reapply it. It lowers effective DPS by such amounts that damage enchant will have very hard times to overcome. Good example is Redeemer fight where you have to keep running for few seconds.

Not to mention it has wide variety of uses, especially for delve where you need to defend position. Longer duration equals more area covered. Pre-placing CA while kiting is more effective too. I'll take it over extra damage any time.

Besides, i've said they're more or less equal in power. My preference is the extra duration, you'll love it in the long run.

Thank you man indeed smart thinking!
"
DankawSL wrote:
December 21st, 2019
Equipment:
* Added note under quiver that +1 arrow is necessary for reliable onslaught upkeep on bosses.

Crafting Section:
* Updated all other gear crafting. Not much has changed, with exception of amulet crafting which is probably the most expensive craft you can make.
* With all the new options, the section is actually very hard to maintain. There's too many crafting possibilities, too many ridiculous gear you can craft. It will need attention in the future.

Path of Building:
* Updated PoB link.
* Changed Faceted Fossil bow to currently recommended End Game bow.
* The End Game bow now uses Thicket base, since there's no room to craft extra attack speed.
* Added amulet annointment - Corruption.
* I will add another PoB with very expensive version of the build in the future.

"
Viktranka wrote:
RIP :( I think I've seen some streamers die to similar thing, Zizaran maybe?

No idea, i don't recall anything like this at all. I know some people complained about hunter influence in general being overtuned tho.

I didn't have any problems with any influence except one particular mob from crusader who deals A LOT of damage. The instakill surprised me, but i guess the circumstances were perfect for it to happen.

Thank you for the continued updates! May I ask what is the skill in your mastermind fight video in which there is a skill with a silver icon and a "10"? It seems you only had Malevalence aura yet your mana was almost fully reserved.
"
fakado wrote:
Spoiler

Swallowed my soul and regaled the bow. I'm pretty much a crafting noob and even with the step-by-step on the first page I feel a bit lost, so I was hoping someone could help out with some advice on where to take this bow further.

Should I be rolling cannot roll attack mods and then exalt slamming it for the +1 to gems, or is there another step I need to reach before that stage?

In this case yeah, Cannot roll attack mods -> slam. In case you want +2 support gems which is slightly better (~5% more dmg) than +2 bow gems, then you should follow the instructions.

"
LouiX wrote:
Spoiler
I had a very very good league start with a variation of this build, made over 45 Exalts in 3 Days and spent arround 15 to 17 Exalts on this Baby, I got it today <3

The difference is beyond everything, from 390k Tooltip Ticks to 716k almost doubled it....t16 bosses are ticking down in 4-6 sec, 600%+ Metamorph dies in 10-15 sec it is just so cool (awakening lvl 8 btw)

Worth playing and especially WORTH invest - what you need these days is controll over fights and dont blind facetank it, CA can do that :)

Rest of my Gear, not perfect but you always need to have smth to work on right?

Btw I crafted every single piece by myself cause the league didn't offer stuff like that (bought the helm enchant base and maraketh ilvl elder base (unlinked) :P)
Did you just... crafted (nearly) perfect bow i've listed? I know it's possible but it's very, very unlikely and requires fkton of money. I'm impressed.

I also really like the phrase "what you need these days is controll over fights and dont blind facetank it, CA can do that". Fits extremely well.

"
Weylin102 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi :)
Why must we scour the bow (after we regal it) when we hit a prefix (end game bow craft) ?
We remove all prefixes after we crafted: suffixes can not be changed...

Nice build btw 😀

Because it's bricked and next step would require exalting. You can technically fix it with "add suffix, remove prefix", but i don't include more options for simplicity sake. The cost of the beast should be more or less equal to the alteration cost (depends on market).

"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you for the continued updates! May I ask what is the skill in your mastermind fight video in which there is a skill with a silver icon and a "10"? It seems you only had Malevalence aura yet your mana was almost fully reserved.

It's Aspect of the Crab, something i always want to include in my build but rarely have an opportunity in SSF.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hello, loved your build, i just have one question.

You mentioned the single target to be mediocre, do you think weapon swapping to a 6l ED staff would help ?
What type of helmet do you recommend to craft -9chaos res with high life !

Farmed the div cards. Farmed Delve until I finally got exactly one corroded fossil. Decided to just roll the dice and see if I got anything. I think I can be happy with that.
Managed to buy
today, using arrow nova in main setup, maps are zoooming )
What are the pros and cons of using despair blasphemy with impresence vs despair frenzy setup?
My 'rant' regarding Awakener race, aftermath
When i died, it was 8th day of the league. Only 3 people managed to kill Awakener for SSFHC race when i got instakilled. It was also the day i wanted to attempt Awakener himself, because at the pace i've raced would be 5th/6th on the ladder (assuming i managed to successfully kill him). I thought i still might have a chance to maybe have a shot at him despite death considering how few people tried him and how many people die at higher levels.

Now it's 9/10th day of the league, 9 more people have killed Sirus and secured spot on the ladder. Only one spot left now, and i still need at least few hours of farming to even think about facing conquerors again to farm last few watchstones. When i died it was the worst possible moment to do so. Unless i played for 15 hours per day, there was no chance for me to return to the race.

It's soul crushing. It's completely devastating. It hits me more than any death i've had in past two or so years. (i'm already fine if you're wondering, it wasn't as bad as i'm describing)

Now instead of officially (more or less) joining the ranks of very best players, playing a build that people viewed as a complete meme for years i'm back to usual place. I guess i'll still try to at least appear on the ladder in the first place, if i die trying then i guess the "early retirement" didn't matter. If i do kill him then probably as the only ranger because all 3 ascendancies are complete graveyard right now. This still isn't exactly what i was fighting for.

End of the rant. Had to get this off my chest.

On completely different note, to anyone who tries to craft +1 / +2 level hunter amulet. I've been informed that in-game tooltip doesn't reflect the bonus at all. In PoB the mod doesn't work either. However it 100% boosts CA gem, you can see it when you hover over the gem.

"
caio1471 wrote:
Hello, loved your build, i just have one question.

You mentioned the single target to be mediocre, do you think weapon swapping to a 6l ED staff would help ?

That's what original used to do. No, it doesn't work anymore. You can try doing Toxic Rain swap but i don't think it's necessary.

"
NorrisTBK wrote:
What type of helmet do you recommend to craft -9chaos res with high life !

This should be obvious, Lion Pelt. You want that extra evasion.

"
isonoob wrote:
What are the pros and cons of using despair blasphemy with impresence vs despair frenzy setup?

With blasphemy you kill rares quicker during mapping and that's it. For bossing CoH setup is stronger because it persists on the monster even if you move out of blasphemy range - giving you freedom when it comes to position. You can also use real amulet, hunter influenced ones are the second biggest dps boost you can get on a gear after the bow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 22, 2019, 9:42:39 PM
Should I try to get quality on the extra CA gems I was leveling before I try and corrupt them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info