So vaaling maps is the only way to get decent quant?

"
FG_Glory56 wrote:
The RNG of being a constant 70/80 - 20 That's not good you do the most dangerous mods and it's still the same thing.

There's no freedom involved here dude =/ hell even with proper investment you're still not going to get shit most of the time. Apathy show the person couple of your maps that you always do.

But that's just another key factor in the equation. The system is flawed and most people will agree on that. Just because you can invest into it doesn't mean it's a proper good system here.

As I've said RNG will always be in place most people want RNG gone like right now it's basically communism everything is nearly equal. That's not good.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Good.

Well use this as an example this can only be done via vaal orb and every single fragment in addition to a prophecy.

Normally a normal map would be 70-80/20 regardless of what you do and once in a blue moon it can be 90/20, Even if you add a bunch of fragments into it the investments in most cases isn't going to give you the results.

We've seen enough as it is our RNG isn't good maybe yours is good as you've stated so what I'm saying is the system flawed even with proper investment.
Toss a ccin to your WITCHER?
Sounds to me like they want to go back to the days where you didn't just get stuff handed to you left and right and actually got to feel good about achievement in the game. All for it.
"
FG_Glory56 wrote:
The RNG of being a constant 70/80 - 20 That's not good you do the most dangerous mods and it's still the same thing.

There's no freedom involved here dude =/ hell even with proper investment you're still not going to get shit most of the time. Apathy show the person couple of your maps that you always do.

But that's just another key factor in the equation. The system is flawed and most people will agree on that.

Can't you see that there's an obvious circle going on?

Before: Wow no pack size, GGG ruined the game
Now: Wow everything has same pack size, GGG ruined the game

You're crying about RNG that applies to everyone. It's a leveled playing field so there are no real issues. There are no special privileges granted to anyone when it comes to mapping. Everything depends on how good you are on using your resources and how much game knowledge you have.

The reason why you're saying "most people will agree" is because that's how human brain works.

1) No matter how perfect something is, there will always be a problem. Now if you're able to identify such behavior depends on how educated you are on the matter.

2) You see and remember more what you want or like to see.

3) You don't have a complete perspective of the whole population. You assume that it's a problem because we have only whiners who bother to raise voice but not the ones who are pleased and happy since they don't have a reason to do so and are enjoying the game instead.

4) People remember negative things and threats more than positive things, which is again, human nature.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
"
FG_Glory56 wrote:

But that's just another key factor in the equation. The system is flawed and most people will agree on that. Just because you can invest into it doesn't mean it's a proper good system here.

As I've said RNG will always be in place most people want RNG gone like right now it's basically communism everything is nearly equal. That's not good.

Do I really have to start educating grown ups on logical fallacies?

110+ Quant rare maps, ALL +34 pack size

http://poe.trade/search/eoyamorurihaya
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 22, 2018, 7:06:35 AM
Maps are dropping fine no problem. What absolutely pisses me off is finding marsh map in t15 or getting 7 maps drop in a t13 and they are all t3-t7.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Mapping has that same feeling everything else in this game does where sometimes it feels great to map and then it just feels awful at times. That is why threads will always pop up about various topics in poe. So many concepts are designed around the roll of the dice.

Mapping is no different, this is why people have taken to shaping mostly. As it gives them some control over the dice roll. Sextants/shaping are terrible though since it promotes this camping playstyle instead of exploring. Hopefully they work on this and do it some justice in the future.

I don't mind having to invest something into your map but there are sometimes where I don't see the difference between a alch-n-go map and fully decked out map. That feeling sucks big time in this game. It's why I haven't really done much since the atlas came out. Every league I say I am going to do shaper and stuff but I get 3/4s the way through the atlas and the enjoyment drops for me.
"
70/20 is all i get all day all night.

if i'm lucky i'll get the occasional 90/30 or 80/20... but for the most part it's always the same.

I'm not a big fan of the current point valuation per roll nor am I happy that most alchs yield 4 stat maps. It's really fucking annoying spending chaos to get harder maps.

Vaaling is hit or miss... and sometimes you get that awesome 120/40 like the old days... and the other 50% just brick.

No reason that a double curse map w/ resistances and double boss damage should give shit quant and shittier pack size.

This new sextant or bust shit is fucking balls. Not everyone wants to micro manage sextants every three maps and vaal everything to actually have fun mapping.

Why is GGG making us grovel for more mobs in red maps? Too much fucking xp? LOWER THE XP PER MOB AND GIVE US MORE. Too much quant? LOWER THE QUANT AND GIVE US MORE MOBS.

Stop turning this shit into some sort of nuclear rocket science and make this shit intuitive and simple.

I'm guessing they really do want people to use the tools available. Atleast in higher maps.

That said, when they announced a pack size rebalance, and (more monsters) I was quite exited. And even though I do use the tools that Kiss_me_quick mentioned I def feel disappointed in how they handled it. I don't even think it has to do with the mods on a map any longer, some maps are just pure trash as it is.
I'm not sure what linking one video to a T15 with good quant and packsize you got with one chaos has to do with anything.

The overall feeling of mapping is TOO AVERAGE. Let me put it that way and maybe it will make more sense.

Prior to this league you could alch a map and sometimes hit something awesome... and other times not so awesome. The variety of the ups and downs kept mapping interesting... now now matter what the quant/packsize stay relatively the same regardless of the mods. The overall experience feels BORING. Like I'm running white maps all day.

Combine all of that with the following and it becomes a chore to map:

1) Vaaling maps can make the map go to +1 (brick for me) and ruin 5 exalts worth of perfect atlas shaping.

2) Sextants (blocking and using) is completely counter intuitive to the new mapping system of elder vs shaper. I'm at constant odds on blocking vs running maps I need to run to push elder/shaper influence.

3) Zana mods are fine... even though the ones this league are boring. I'm alching everything and bloodlining for more blue packs. I'm sextanting without blocking (because my elder influence is an asshole) so I'm going broke doing this. The returns are shittastic to say the least.

I'm not interested in anecdotal stories of the one-off amazing map you get once ever 50 alchs. Alch 20 maps right now and link them here. I would venture to say that you may get 1 that goes above 70-80/20-25.

IT'S FUCKING BORING. It's like running white maps over and over again because you don't see the variety and differences in packsize and mob density, etc.

You can wax poetic about the system being "great because you can do what you want" But that's not the fucking case. If sextants weren't so rare maybe I would agree with you. But the fact that yellow sextants (even white ones are getting there) are so expensive and rare makes MAPPING WORSE AS THE LEAGUE GOES ON AND PEOPLE QUIT (not feeding the sextant economy).

It's fucking RETARDED to determine the long-term strength of end-game on a commodity that is diminishing as the league continues.

Even if NOBODY is playing the game, I can farm... do chaos recipe and continue mapping. Where is the sextant recipe? Why does end game have to be a slave to the economy and I'm not even talking about buying maps!! I'm talking about buying things to even run those maps to where they are challenging for well-geared end-game characters.

Last edited by Prizy on Jan 22, 2018, 11:06:32 AM
My video was to show what an average T15 map pack size looks like, not how easy it is to roll it. Rolling was to demonstrate how I_NO's personal experience has no value. Nothing about my map running was anecdotal, it's an AVERAGE map.

"

IT'S FUCKING BORING. It's like running white maps over and over again because you don't see the variety and differences in packsize and mob density, etc.

Everyone was crying last League how the pack size is shit. Now GGG made the changes that were asked and now again there is a problem - it's too boring! Woah!

You want:

1) Variety of outcome
"variety of the ups and downs kept mapping interesting"
2) Don't want variety of outcome
"Vaaling maps can make the map go to +1"

How about you give us a good idea then how GGG can make you less bored? If sextant recipe is your solution, I have to disappoint you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info