So vaaling maps is the only way to get decent quant?

70/20 is all i get all day all night.

if i'm lucky i'll get the occasional 90/30 or 80/20... but for the most part it's always the same.

I'm not a big fan of the current point valuation per roll nor am I happy that most alchs yield 4 stat maps. It's really fucking annoying spending chaos to get harder maps.

Vaaling is hit or miss... and sometimes you get that awesome 120/40 like the old days... and the other 50% just brick.

No reason that a double curse map w/ resistances and double boss damage should give shit quant and shittier pack size.

This new sextant or bust shit is fucking balls. Not everyone wants to micro manage sextants every three maps and vaal everything to actually have fun mapping.

Why is GGG making us grovel for more mobs in red maps? Too much fucking xp? LOWER THE XP PER MOB AND GIVE US MORE. Too much quant? LOWER THE QUANT AND GIVE US MORE MOBS.

Stop turning this shit into some sort of nuclear rocket science and make this shit intuitive and simple.
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2018, 4:31:33 PM
What's worse (and the reason for globally low pack size) is that some of the high pack size affixes like curses got nerfed into oblivion and in return we got 2-3% pack size for random affixes.

People will say all this is offset by maps having innately more packs.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 22, 2018, 1:10:30 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
What's worse is that some of the high pack size affixes like curses got nerfed into oblivion.

People will say all this is offset by maps having innately more packs.

What maps are those? I am playing all sorts of tile sets and feel like nothing feels good without 4+ sextants, vaaling and zana mods.

It's really annoying and I don't understand what the fuck GGG's deal is with just letting us kill monsters.

Some maps just feel completely destroyed. Balancing on XP per hour sounds like a good idea in practice, but it should be a mix between how a map feels and XP.

I get GGG has some warped dream that people will one day love back tracking closed maps with 100 doors but the reality is it's annoying as all fuck.

Like i understand white maps having a little less density so it doesn't adversely affect newer or lesser geared players... but once you shape a map or it is tier yellow/red it should be all-bets-off craziness.

This shit is boring.
Last edited by Prizy on Jan 22, 2018, 1:13:23 AM
What are you even talking about?
You have so many tools to increase your pack size and if the pack sizes would be even bigger, I can't imagine how you'll be able to even move.
Here's a random clip of a T15 only alched and modded map, absolutely flooded with monsters - not losing my 8 stacks of Reave within 2 minutes which takes 3 seconds of not hitting monsters to wear off. Not to mention I killed only 3/4 of the mobs on the map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHntjOy65k
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
You have so many tools to increase your pack size and if the pack sizes would be even bigger, I can't imagine how you'll be able to even move.
Here's a random clip of a T15 only alched and modded map, absolutely flooded with monsters - not losing my 8 stacks of Reave within 2 minutes which takes 3 seconds of not hitting monsters to wear off. Not to mention I killed only 3/4 of the mobs on the map.

No you fucking don't.

I spent 20 fucking chaos alright on a single map right now okay? 70-80-20-19

ALL FUCKING DAY

WHAT TOOLS? Pack size doesn't mean shit without IIQ IIQ is the direct thing don't fucking do that don't be all positive that this system is all awesome and great and trying to shit on the OP.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 22, 2018, 5:52:25 AM
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

No you fucking don't.

I spent 20 fucking chaos alright on a single map right now okay? 70-80-20-19

ALL FUCKING DAY

WHAT TOOLS? Pack size doesn't mean shit without IIQ IIQ is the direct thing don't fucking do that don't be all positive that this system is all awesome and great and trying to shit on the OP.

You didn't even watch the video. I'm not sure if you're memeing, spent too much time on reddit, intentionally disingenuous or just stupid.

Pack size:

> Sextants
> Prophecies
> Rerolling
> Vaaling
> Map mods

Effectively possible to triple / quadruple your original map monsters quantity.

Quantity:

> Fragments
> Equipment
> Rerolling
> Vaaling
> Sextants

Effectively possible to double your original quantity.

Obviously GGG wants you to invest in maps, no matter what changes / pack size / xp / whatever there will be. Now instead of you rerolling over and over, you have more freedom to choose how you engage that process. You should be on your knees right now and be grateful that you don't have to spend time rerolling half an hour.

"I spent 20 fucking chaos alright on a single map right now okay? 70-80-20-19 "

Yet the map in my video is 97% which was achieved with 1 chaos. Booohoo RNG :( fix game :( GGG worst ever!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
THE SYSTEM IS FINE CUZ RNG IS ON MY SIDE HEY GUYS LISTEN TO HIM.

That's basically you.

Thinking you know shit man cmon dude LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 22, 2018, 6:11:28 AM
You called me for this? You're better than this Apathy. IIQ is very important in very map and as I_NO has stated it's very rare for you to get a good IIQ without spamming amount of chaos. Sure as yourself Kiss or whatever your name is. You can get a good one that's fine and dandy but in average cases you aren't going to get more than the basic

70-80
17-22

It's not a good system at all we've recorded several maps as it is hell I'm the graph guy for the group and it's not pretty.

Fragments?
Zana
Prophecy

Etc that isn't going to be enough and that's full investment right there it isn't going to be enough regardless simply because of RNG.

So you got good RNG? That doesn't mean the system is fine.
Toss a ccin to your WITCHER?
"
FG_Glory56 wrote:
You called me for this? You're better than this Apathy. IIQ is very important in very map and as I_NO has stated it's very rare for you to get a good IIQ without spamming amount of chaos. Sure as yourself Kiss or whatever your name is. You can get a good one that's fine and dandy but in average cases you aren't going to get more than the basic

70-80
17-22

It's not a good system at all we've recorded several maps as it is hell I'm the graph guy for the group and it's not pretty.

Fragments?
Zana
Prophecy

Etc that isn't going to be enough and that's full investment right there it isn't going to be enough regardless simply because of RNG.

So you got good RNG? That doesn't mean the system is fine.

What RNG are you even talking about? It's irrelevant if you roll 80 or whatever you get. Half of the tools that I mentioned give you GUARANTEED increased item / monster quantity.

It is a very good system! You have the freedom to do whatever you want. You can either try your luck with vaals / rerolls / fortune / sextants or you can guarantee an increase with other Zana mods / prophecies / fragments / chisels / equipment.
Even if you choose to present the argument of "RNG" then you should take a second look on your URL bar and see what forum you're posting in.
And if not being able to hit a monster for 2 seconds gives you a stroke, that's all on you.

I personally farmed half of my Headhunter within 3 days on red maps, 0 expensive uniques. I know what I'm talking about.
The RNG of being a constant 70/80 - 20 That's not good you do the most dangerous mods and it's still the same thing.

There's no freedom involved here dude =/ hell even with proper investment you're still not going to get shit most of the time. Apathy show the person couple of your maps that you always do.

But that's just another key factor in the equation. The system is flawed and most people will agree on that. Just because you can invest into it doesn't mean it's a proper good system here.

As I've said RNG will always be in place most people want RNG gone like right now it's basically communism everything is nearly equal. That's not good.
Toss a ccin to your WITCHER?
Last edited by FG_Glory56 on Jan 22, 2018, 6:40:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info