[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

"
Fenoch wrote:

Anyhow, solid build but personally I think that this is a mapfarm/endgame build. The leveling process sucks a ton. (I'm probably doing a lot of stuff wrong etc but yea meager 1.2k dps isn'T really all that fun)

There is no such thing as a non-endgame build. Any build not capable of doing at least red maps easily is not a build. Path of Exile = maps. The story is just there to keep us occupied for a couple of days.

As you get experience in the game you'll get better at leveling. This build levels pretty smoothly if you know what you're doing.

"
xbuzz wrote:
Just wondering why we don't pick up Vitality Void talent? Is it that we have enough leech with the current build or does leech cap somehow? (not sure on leech mechanics, since i'm not that experience).

We have a ton of leech and our max leech rate is at 40% with VP. VV would just make this 46%. Not worth the extra 3 points.

"
Raymand wrote:
Hey, been really enjoying this build so far, as for the jewels, i have a few question

1.) Is abyss jewel still the best ? I figure they will be more expensive and a lot rarer since abys league is over

2.) If I want to buy normal jewels, which stat are we looking for ?

3.) any unique jewels is good for this build?

anyway, thanks so much OP, this build is quite nice !

1. Yes, they are pretty damn good. They will certainly be more expensive now but regular jewels are ok too.
2. % life and at least 2 damage node. There is a variety of those (I've updated the jewel section).
3. Not as far as I know

"
misterfob wrote:
Pretty fun build so far.

Aias covered the basics of any early struggles. Grab the big int/str nodes early on if you need em (maybe add this to first post)

Yeah, already did that. Figured people would just do it on their own...

"
Draken1976 wrote:
Build working good. Important to get claw upgrades as they become available. 1 x alch makes a huge difference to lvling with different claws from lvl 46ish to 70ish.

Running T4-T7 maps now with no issues. Just saving up CH for more upgrades.

Once question for LAB, do we take Vaal Pact off? Any tree changes to run lab?

Anyways good guide and build as long as you follow the weapon upgrade section. If not painful. Reading is fundamental 8).

VP can be a pain in the ass for all classes except Slayer. With our endless leech all we need to do is hit some mobs before we go into traps. If you're feeling uncomfortable with this then don't take it till you finish the first 3 labs. Unspeccing it every time you want to run uber lab is unrealistic and unnecessary. By the time you're ready for that you won't really have a problem with not having regen. Remember to use whirling blades and charged dash. The writhing jar also helps a lot.

Also don't forget to take out blood rage. It's automated and it'll trigger and get you killed.

From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 5, 2018, 1:24:30 PM
What do u recommend for what now that bestiary is live??
Hmmm I dont really know how to budget build this. Someone using this build will be able to post example items. That would help a lot. Thanks.
"
What do u recommend for what now that bestiary is live??

this is a vague question. what do you mean by this?

"

Hmmm I dont really know how to budget build this. Someone using this build will be able to post example items. That would help a lot. Thanks.

couple things i can think of for really budget.

sin's flask seems luxury unless price drops. use 5L till you can afford 6L. don't be intimidated by the current scourge claw prices, they should drop. you can look at the history from abyss league here. http://poe-antiquary.xyz/

started ~200, to 400, then steady drop from 100 to 20s in 3 weeksish. not saying they'll drop this league but it was abnormally high early on as with most items.

rings w/ phys dmg vs steel rings

hope that helps
Keep in mind that the Scourges are a 20% upgrade compared to the Wasps. Nice to have but definitely not necessary until Guardians and Shaper. It's incredible that those are 1 alch.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
BellyGrinder wrote:

There's so much damage on claws, that you can forgo the dps stats on gloves and accessories in favour of as much life and resistance you can get for now. I had crap resistance on my first couple of maps (around 20% each, im new enough to this game) and got absolutely wrecked, upgraded all I could with hp/resistance, now i'm doing t3-4 maps and pretty much just facerolling everything.

I don't even have a 5link chest yet, will be my next purchase prolly.
Last edited by xbuzz on Mar 5, 2018, 2:53:09 PM
Awesome guide! Thanks for the work you put into it.
At which Level should u skill Vaal Pact?
Im 50 and Im not sure if soul raker and Blood drinker is enough leech?
"
BellyGrinder wrote:

Check my profile.
Character "SensenTeo". Only thing i bought so far were 2x Ornament Claw (2c each, wanted good rolls) and 2x Wasp Claw (1c each).

I could easily buy a corrupted 6L now, but so far my 5L Chest does it for me.
"
BTSV67 wrote:
At which Level should u skill Vaal Pact?
Im 50 and Im not sure if soul raker and Blood drinker is enough leech?

I'm 80 and haven't skilled VP yet. Will probably be my last node, but that's just cause i hate the nerf of VP.

My point being: i haven't felt the need to grab it.
If you have problems with leech, you should get the Ornament uni Claws. They work really well.
See weapon section on first page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info