[3.7] Bashtart's Frost Blades Trickster * Oni-Goroshi * Insane Speed & Millions DPS with BF!

"
KouboMog wrote:
Drooped the first one after my first day of playing. Yesterday was a long day (around 15 hours of playing) and no 2nd Oni :(

Oups, just posted this and big boy poped! now i'm ready

After a series of failures, I will be laconic - "F***!".
Maybe someone knows the secret or I'm very unlucky?! Or maybe do not despair? Hmmm...
"
The spec is kicking ass man. I'm taking it a bit slow now that I have both oni equipped. Actually quite terrified of losing them in HC. This feeling doesn't happen for me that often lol... but after that hillock grind these guys have to be around for awhile.

I totally understand that... go very slow until you feel safe :) Some bosses can be hard while leveling... I would always be overleveled and geared!

"
MPlotnik wrote:
What good can we craft for this build with beasts?

To be honest I don't know yet... I have not spend much time with beast crafting so far. Maybe some of the other players have some tips.

"
Imperatum wrote:

So, this is my stuff in 3 days :

I have some little problem of mana with Blade Flurry on some boss but nothing really hard. I think i will avoid Starkonja or abyssus and keep a rare. Still working for that Kaom.

Looks pretty good for three days :) Did you spec into the leech nodes already?

"
Teeks_01 wrote:
I am in act 8 now and my clear speed and everything is amazing...

i have been trying to use frost blades to kill bosses but i think its causing me issues as i am having a hard time killing the bosses without dying 3 or 4 times due to getting hit by a 1 shot ability..

frost blades keeps me stationary for what feels like an eternity... i don't have a good set up right now on gear either drops have been pretty unkind to me... i have been using the same helmet, chest and gloves since i think act 3...

should i go back to farming hillock to get a second sword?

sorry if i sound like a newb i am i only started playing towards the end of the last season and i played Essence drain..

Yeah bosses with FB can be painful... I also have only one oni goroshi and I switch gems for harder boss fights. I use molten strike for single target atm. I switch frost blades against faster attacks and ancestral call against molten strike. Normally bosses are just destroyed in seconds.

[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 5, 2018, 12:44:56 AM
Finally managed to get 2 Oni's :D

Really hoping i can clear everything with this build :D

First time playing an Oni/frostblades

"

Yeah bosses with FB can be painful... I also have only one oni goroshi and I switch gems for harder boss fights. I use molten strike for single target atm. I switch frost blades against faster attacks and ancestral call against molten strike. Normally bosses are just destroyed in seconds.

I was using molten strike and then i changed a piece of gear and my STR was too low for molten strike and i didn't notice till it was too late lol.. i think that happened around act 5 and i am just about done act 8 now..

i made it to harbour bridge though and i grinded out 7 lvls their going to get up to 70 and then tackle the rest of the game and then go back to oni goroshi farming and gear farming...

really love the build frost blades doesn't give me the clear speed essence drain had but its a lot faster on single target which is a big plus for me TBH..

What would be the the next piece of gear you recommend i priorities getting after my second oni goroshi?

i was thinking about grabbing the heart since its so cheap?
"
bashtart wrote:

"
Imperatum wrote:

So, this is my stuff in 3 days :

I have some little problem of mana with Blade Flurry on some boss but nothing really hard. I think i will avoid Starkonja or abyssus and keep a rare. Still working for that Kaom.

Looks pretty good for three days :) Did you spec into the leech nodes already?

Yes. I think it's more because of my gameplay anyways, since i always try to keep BF active instead of a hit & run tactic.
They really made Oni-goroshi super rare now...

Almost 20h played over 5 chars and no sign of Uber Hillock.
Uhhh, 3 days farming now, still no sign of uber Hillock, dont know to continue or give up... kinda wanna pass the league now xD
Where would you put the molten strike jewels?
"
nathanielvd wrote:

I posted a adapted PoB file for molten strike... check it out. You need to adapt your Skilltree a little to fit in the second threshold jewel.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info