Why make a thread if you don't understand what you're saying?

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Freemium games tend to nickel and dime you and most have discovered that going after whales nets them more cash, so you have the high end content that is priced at more than the cost of any game that has an initial price tag. POE is no different here. Their MTX packs are extremely expensive for what you get and the higher priced ones cost 10x more than most games (which have an avg price of $30-60 US).

I already touched on this at the tail end of my tiny little post, but I guess you missed that bit. For the price of 1 Overwatch (€40, on the low-end for AAA games), you get all the Stash purchases you will really need. There is no need to pay more than One Game's Worth.
Yes, many free-to-play companies entice players to spend more than you realistically need to, GGG does this too, but from what I have seen, most free-to-play games do not require larger expenditures. In fact, the whaling concept proves that this is true: only a select few have to excessively pay so many can play for cheap. For every 120 dollars one person spends, another can spend zero. Yet, here we have the claim that "all free-to-play games cost >60 dollars".

Overwatch sells lootboxes on top of being a buy-in game, and they sell real well. It's fucking ridiculous what some people manage to spend on Overwatch. Actually a pretty terrible example to take for promoting buy-ins over free-to-play due to that whole disaster. Hm.

You are wrong. Overwatch is the best example because every meaningful content update it puts out will be for free. This is what they promised and so far no new hero, map, event, or hell even skin because you can buy them for free if you want, is behind a pay wall.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jan 21, 2018, 6:09:24 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You are wrong. Overwatch is the best example because every meaningful content update it puts out will be for free. This is what they promised and so far no new hero, map, event, or hell even skin because you can buy them for free if you want, is behind a pay wall.

- Yet people have spent hundreds of euro's on Overwatch, especially due to limited-time offers, quite similar to how some people buy a whole lot of GGG gamble boxes.
- No expansion GGG has released was behind a paywall. Digital Extremes (Warframe devs) releases all content free of charge. Direwolf Digital (Eternal) never asks a cent. Re-Logic (Terraria) never increased the pricetag after expanding the game tenfold over six years of patches.

I don't see your point as to why Overwatch is some shining beacon. It's shamefully greedy, having a sizable buy-in and still looking to take more of your money after.
Because you apparently don't understand the difference between game content and cosmetics. You cant call a game which releases all future game content for free greedy at all, this is completely dishonest and all you have on your side is a superficial "but people spend a lot of money on loot boxes"
If we're disregarding cosmetics, then PoE simply has a €40 pricetag for a "serious" player (18 tabs, inc. one for currency & one for Maps), which is entirely reasonable.

So which is it? Do cosmetic purchases count and is Overwatch greedy, or do they not count and your point is a false overgeneralized view of free-to-play games?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 21, 2018, 7:09:13 AM
I am not falsely overgeneralizing free to play games at all. Most of them, PoE included are extremely greedy with their models and in the long run will cost you more than the price of a pay to play game.
You cannot even prove your point on PoE.
Goodbye.
No,[Removed by Support], Overwatch is a greedy game when all added content is for free, of course you will never admit that is a wrong stance.

Fremium is a cancer and should not be made into the norm.
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Jan 21, 2018, 7:16:02 AM
"
Players are crying foul over a new slate of skins for sale in Overwatch that are meant to support the 12 teams in the OWL. Blizzard has concocted an entirely new currency (League Tokens) for these skins, which are simple recolorings of the base model of a character with a logo here and there, where you have to buy them for $5 each instead of being able to earn them in the game in any way.

Fans say that the mandatory price of $5 a skin is too much, because an Overwatch squad of 6 is $30, the full price of the game on PC, a full collection of 26 skins for one team is $100, and to collect all the skins (buying in bulk with League Token bundles), one of each for every team, on every character, is $1,200.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/01/10/no-blizzards-overwatch-league-team-skins-are-not-overpriced/#79a57ace3ac7
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
The problem is that everyone thinks they know what they are saying.

You didn't grasp that.

Why did you make this thread then?

You thought you were making a relevant point.

And everyone operates according to their personal truth which is not always the same as the collective or the objective truth.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 21, 2018, 9:00:32 AM
You really want to go down the cosmetics route, don't you? Ok then

Almost every overwatch skin apart from the palette swap OWL ones and Blizzcon/Origins ones can be obtained for free. In PoE the only thing you can obtain for free are 3 cosmetics each season, which as far as I know don't come back(event skins from overwatch do come back).

The price of a full skin swap in PoE is about 25-30 dollars even with discounts, the overwatch ones you posted about are 5 dollars apiece.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jan 21, 2018, 9:03:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info