Why make a thread if you don't understand what you're saying?

Why do people complain about a FREE game? Don't get it. Its FREE. They only sell visual stuff, which is nice, and quality of life things. Nothing else. Go way. Life is so strained, a few people made something to make them happy. Made a lot of other people happy too. Then they went F2P....a lot have. D3....lol, wasted my money on that. Never seen a game that combined every "best" aspect of RPG's.

Especially love the "gem leveling'.......right from FF :) Life is VERY short. Spend it enjoying, not wishing. :) It'll be over too soon. THose of you that have lost, you know. Those of you that have not lost loved ones. You will unfortunately. Why we made this kind of distraction, way back when. GGG is just perfecting it for us. They're getting better at it. ;)
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2018, 1:45:58 PM
Why make a thread if no one else but you won't get and understand its message?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 20, 2018, 4:27:59 AM
The volatile and exceptionally adolescent shrieking we all witness has nothing to do with the game being free. It has to do with the internet being far more readily available to all ages, combined with the fact that those who live and breathe it feel the imprinted belief that their opinions not only matter more than silly things like, say, facts; and of course the incessant pursuit of making sure those opinions are heard by as many people as possible.

This would happen even if this forum were for a company that sells roofing supplies. I try to think of them like bots--mindless predictable clumsily maneuvered annoyances that we all are forced to acknowledge at the edge of our awareness, while ignoring them as often as possible.
"Free to Play" doesn't mean "Free". False equivalency. Many of us have paid for the game.

Even so, we're not paying for the privilege to complain. We're paying so the game can continue to be offered to everyone... even people who choose not to pay. That's how other games work too, they're just not as honest about it.
Free to play games are by definition more expensive than the ones you pay for once. Overwatch for example is cheaper even though you need to purchase it instead of simply downloading it.
I honestly don't understand the general theme of this thread, so sorry for a little bit of maybe probably somewhat or extremely off-topic conversation?

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Free to play games are by definition more expensive than the ones you pay for once. Overwatch for example is cheaper even though you need to purchase it instead of simply downloading it.

I would say that's a pretty broad, and probably inaccurate, generalisation of free-to-play. A couple examples from what I have played:
- Warframe is free-to-play, and you can trade in-game goods for Platinum, the currency obtained with Real Money. As such, anything that costs Platinum can be bought without spending a dime. Just takes longer. Pro tip: Drifting Contact nets 22-25 Platinum a piece and you can pretty easily acquire multiple per week. Nightmare mode ain't that scary :) Death Detonation is a free win.
- Eternal Card Game has nothing that offers an advantage aside from convenience, just packs and draft entry. The reward model is so generous that a spicy tier 1 meta deck can be free-to-played from nothing in a week, maybe two, depending on playtime.
- I never spent a cent on Kongregate way back when, lol.

And tbh, for the price of Overwatch you can buy 12 extra stash tabs, a currency tab, and one upgrade to a Premium tab - if you wait for a sale, that probably nets you a Map tab as well, which is all you will need. PoE is more expensive if you make it more expensive, but people make due with less than what I just listed :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 20, 2018, 7:17:28 PM
I wish Kongregate had a better go of it... loved that service.
I somewhat agree. Complaining is a useless use of energy and time. Nothing good ever comes from complaining. It creates negativity and a bad atmosphere.

Constructive criticism, on the other hand, is needed to evolve.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
They don't use energy to complain... it comes naturally.
Says not to make threads if you don't understand. Says they only sell visual stuff.

They actually sell lots of stuff that makes the game not only easier to play but also lets people be more successful at it. Public tabs. You have to resort to third party tools to have the same functionality and they are a poor substitute, often lagging behind on listing, curbing your trading.

They sell stash tabs. Good luck trying to get decent trades with only 4 tabs. Where are you going to store the bloated item pool in this game? Currency tabs, Essence tabs, Map tabs, all of them not only help organizing but greatly increase your existing stash space.

I'd say the majority of their revenue comes from stash tabs, not visuals.

This game is P2W. It's not the worst Freemium game out there, by far, but it's not at all totally free like you claim.

So again, why make threads when you don't understand lolol.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info