Who Can Afford This?

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
my thoughts on the prices of zana mods is that essentially I never use them, hence they sink 0 of my currency and the entire fun mechanic of them doesnt exist in my game.

Your loss, they made these all considerably less expensive then in the past. Making it cheaper and cheaper just devalues the league specific items as well as whatever special things came from it, in this case essences.

I personally feel the same way as Snorkle_uk, mostly because I'm a 99.5% solo player (mostly just buy stuff on occasion) so I don't feel the market effect you mentioned :p you probably have a good point though, a mechanic can be practically non-existent to some players (solo) and be crucial to others (market).

I personally also don't mind too much because I'm more of an umodded Diablo II fan than a Median XL fan if that makes any sense - the natural spawn rate of various mechanics is just fine for me. Except of course Perandus which kind of makes lore sense as they're a bunch of moneymongers... so that doesn't bother me either hehe.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
my thoughts on the prices of zana mods is that essentially I never use them, hence they sink 0 of my currency and the entire fun mechanic of them doesnt exist in my game.

Your loss, they made these all considerably less expensive then in the past. Making it cheaper and cheaper just devalues the league specific items as well as whatever special things came from it, in this case essences.

I personally feel the same way as Snorkle_uk, mostly because I'm a 99.5% solo player (mostly just buy stuff on occasion) so I don't feel the market effect you mentioned :p you probably have a good point though, a mechanic can be practically non-existent to some players (solo) and be crucial to others (market).

I personally also don't mind too much because I'm more of an umodded Diablo II fan than a Median XL fan if that makes any sense - the natural spawn rate of various mechanics is just fine for me. Except of course Perandus which kind of makes lore sense as they're a bunch of moneymongers... so that doesn't bother me either hehe.

I don't like median either, just defeats the purpose of playing d2 if you aren't playing a more to true experience.

I'm not sure if you are aware of or play Path of Diablo, but I very much enjoy playing those ladder resets. Its close to vanilla, but has some nice balance changes and some new skills, but nothing really over the top.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
6chaos for 10chis is the correct price ratio.

Essences is OP and worth way more than 5c.
delete post
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Jan 19, 2018, 1:24:16 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

No consideration for SSF must ever be made. As soon as you realize that, the better off you will be.

This game is designed to be played in trade leagues, SSF is just there so you have a way to compete with other players that play by the same rules, no for you to get balance or adjustments for your chosen gameplay style.

Yet by GGGs own admission majority of players DO NOT trade! The simple fact is that the game is designed for trade leagues, but it has failed in those leagues save for a select minority... /food for thought
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Jan 19, 2018, 1:28:40 PM
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

No consideration for SSF must ever be made. As soon as you realize that, the better off you will be.

This game is designed to be played in trade leagues, SSF is just there so you have a way to compete with other players that play by the same rules, no for you to get balance or adjustments for your chosen gameplay style.

Yet by GGGs own admission majority of players DO NOT trade! The simple fact is that the game is designed for trade leagues, but its must failed in those leagues save for a select minority... /food for thought

One could argue the majority of players don't get to maps either, that doesn't mean that GGG should remove maps or not cater to the people that get to them.

Minority or not, they are the people the game was designed for.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Yet by GGGs own admission majority of players DO NOT trade! The simple fact is that the game is designed for trade leagues, but its must failed in those leagues save for a select minority... /food for thought

One could argue the majority of players don't get to maps either, that doesn't mean that GGG should remove maps or not cater to the people that get to them.

Minority or not, they are the people the game was designed for.

Fair point indeed- Touche
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Jan 19, 2018, 1:36:05 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

financially speaking no, its my gain. Not bleeding out 200 chaos per day on zana mods is not what I would call a loss, and I say that in full knowledge of what they reward with.

The drop rate of league specific items is a variable. They never made zana league mods cheap enough that I would consider regularly using them.

I probably used over 150 screaming+ essences today and managed to hit 1 item that I even bothered keeping.

brah one horror essence sells for like 45-50 chaos
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
brah one horror essence sells for like 45-50 chaos

And some of the others are fairly expensive as well.

But the value of what they sell for isnt relevant for SSF players....aka special snow flakes.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info