Who Can Afford This?

Who can afford this?

Seriously, talk about an #unreasonable sink. It's up there with this:

SMH.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Jan 18, 2018, 9:33:34 AM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2018, 9:52:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Chisels can be made and the cost for essences is cheap when you think about it.

People pay 6c for breach.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Just bc people pay an outlandish fee for (B) doesn't make (A) cheap.

Edit: And ofc Chisels can be made... what's your point? Who, in their right mind, would trade 12C for 20 Chisels? Lol

These "sinks" are all designed with Trader-Players in mind... no consideration for SSF at all. Some of you may say that's the way it ought to be, but I say that feels cruddy.
Last edited by bwam on Jan 18, 2018, 9:50:23 AM
You are supposed to eye-skip that line. Pretty much in line with Zana's chisel fee.

Still, I like it being there. In case (hypothetical that is) you would have single last challenge to do as SSF and that would be corrupting Hatred et col., you would perhaps use this. In theory.
"
bwam wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Just bc people pay an outlandish fee for (B) doesn't make (A) cheap.

Edit: And ofc Chisels can be made... what's your point? Who, in their right mind, would trade 12C for 20 Chisels? Lol

These "sinks" are all designed with Trader-Players in mind... no consideration for SSF at all. Some of you may say that's the way it ought to be, but I say that feels cruddy.

No consideration for SSF must ever be made. As soon as you realize that, the better off you will be.

This game is designed to be played in trade leagues, SSF is just there so you have a way to compete with other players that play by the same rules, no for you to get balance or adjustments for your chosen gameplay style.

Furthermore, chaos then has less "waste" value if you aren't playing in a trade league. Maybe its not going to be worth paying that for chisels, but what else are you going to use chaos on, the zana mods your bitching about?

FeelsBadMan

"
bwam wrote:
Who can afford this?

Anyone who does the chaos vendor recipes doesn't do too bad. Pity you actually lose that for exalts when you go to a higher level of maps, and there is no convenient way to trade down outside of trade leagues, but...

...if you feel short on chaos, go zap through maps with ilvl <= 74 drops, build the complete sets, and sell them unidentified to the vendor.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
Who can afford this?

Anyone who does the chaos vendor recipes doesn't do too bad. Pity you actually lose that for exalts when you go to a higher level of maps, and there is no convenient way to trade down outside of trade leagues, but...

...if you feel short on chaos, go zap through maps with ilvl <= 74 drops, build the complete sets, and sell them unidentified to the vendor.

You actually only need 1 single item of the set to be below ilevel 75 to get chaos orbs instead of regals.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 18, 2018, 1:04:08 PM
For me, 2x Chaos (Anarchy) is the most I can afford, and only rarely. I have map re-rolling to consider, after all.

Doing the Chaos Recipe is like being stuck in the doldrums: it makes you lose your mind. But even if I were to start doing it, 5x Chaos for a single map? Pfah yeah right. No thanks.

@goetzjam, all, "PoE should never balance itself with SSF in mind" -- Pfsh.

Balancing around group-play and SSF is not mutually exclusive. Ofc if it's an issue of either-or, group-play is more popular & would be catered to... but that doesn't mean SSF can't benefit from some balancing in its favor as well. The two ideas aren't contrapositive to each other.
"
bwam wrote:
For me, 2x Chaos (Anarchy) is the most I can afford, and only rarely. I have map re-rolling to consider, after all.

Doing the Chaos Recipe is like being stuck in the doldrums: it makes you lose your mind. But even if I were to start doing it, 5x Chaos for a single map? Pfah yeah right. No thanks.

@goetzjam, all, "PoE should never balance itself with SSF in mind" -- Pfsh.

Balancing around group-play and SSF is not mutually exclusive. Ofc if it's an issue of either-or, group-play is more popular & would be catered to... but that doesn't mean SSF can't benefit from some balancing in its favor as well. The two ideas aren't contrapositive to each other.

Depends on the map, but you can also scour+alch or trans+aug\alt+regal as well.

In terms of not wanting to do the chaos recipe, I thought SSF players understood the importance of utilizing all the resources available to you. By you choosing to not do the recipe, you can't complain about the cost of things in the game.

NO pfsh, people wanted the ability to play on the same footing, GGG gave that. They aren't going to give you increased loot drops, increased currency drops, ect just for flinging your penis around that your playing SSF.

In almost all cases changes done for SSF will more then likely have a negative impact on non SSF players or the economy in which those are based.

You can use any of the map mods sparingly if you choose its worth your time. I would think essences would be of great value in terms of returns, due to how hard it is to get the special ones. Fortune favors the brave provides great value as well.

FeelsBadMan

my thoughts on the prices of zana mods is that essentially I never use them, hence they sink 0 of my currency and the entire fun mechanic of them doesnt exist in my game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info