Who Can Afford This?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
my thoughts on the prices of zana mods is that essentially I never use them, hence they sink 0 of my currency and the entire fun mechanic of them doesnt exist in my game.

Your loss, they made these all considerably less expensive then in the past. Making it cheaper and cheaper just devalues the league specific items as well as whatever special things came from it, in this case essences.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
bwam wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Chisels can be made and the cost for essences is cheap when you think about it.

People pay 6c for breach.

Just bc people pay an outlandish fee for (B) doesn't make (A) cheap.

Edit: And ofc Chisels can be made... what's your point? Who, in their right mind, would trade 12C for 20 Chisels? Lol

These "sinks" are all designed with Trader-Players in mind... no consideration for SSF at all. Some of you may say that's the way it ought to be, but I say that feels cruddy.

SSF was created because many people wanted an official way to do it, apart from just forcing yourself to never trade. It wasn't created so that people could play SSF and complain about everything. It's just a sidetrack created for those who asked for it.

If you don't agree with all the downsides that SSF comes with, you have the option to not play SSF.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I will have to buy breach for the stupid challenge (just like last league). Enough already! If we must still have breach related challenges at least have the decency of making them less rare.

And yeah, that is expensive imo for essence.
Censored.
That's always been my problem with zana map mods and why I never used them unless I felt like I had to to complete a challenge. It's also why I feel like the attempt to change them in legacy fell so flat. The expected return on zana mods is super low so why bother unless you no longer care about currency and are just doing it for the funsies.
In my opinion, if they were to (effectively) drop Zana Map mods' costs, a good number of Players would get enjoyment out of using the Zana Mods on the Map Device more frequently.

A couple suggestions:

-1- I suggest giving Players a free "Zana mod" of choice every time they finish a Zana mission. Let the Map Device store up Mission completions as "Mission Credits," and let them be usable for different Zana Mods on the device.
~ Maybe you could go bananas, and do something like let players choose two* Zana Mods, rather than limiting the choice to one: one that you paid for with Currency, and another that you paid for with "Mission Credits."

(*I realize you could give cart blanche and let Players choose as many Zana Mods as there are, but :P)

-2- I suggest allowing players to either pay with Chaos Orbs or pay with Orbs of Alteration. You'd set an appropriate ratio, I'm sure. (EDIT: e.g., 1 Chaos Orb or 10 Orbs of Alteration for Anarchy.)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Jan 18, 2018, 8:33:43 PM
"
bwam wrote:
In my opinion, if they were to (effectively) drop Zana Map mods' costs, a good number of Players would get enjoyment out of using the Zana Mods on the Map Device more frequently.

A couple suggestions:

-1- I suggest giving Players a free "Zana mod" of choice every time they finish a Zana mission. Let the Map Device store up Mission completions as "Mission Credits," and let them be usable for different Zana Mods on the device.
~ Maybe you could go bananas, and do something like let players choose two* Zana Mods, rather than limiting the choice to one: one that you paid for with Currency, and another that you paid for with "Mission Credits."

(*I realize you could give cart blanche and let Players choose as many Zana Mods as there are, but :P)

-2- I suggest allowing players to either pay with Chaos Orbs or pay with Orbs of Alteration. You'd set an appropriate ratio, I'm sure. (EDIT: e.g., 1 Chaos Orb or 10 Orbs of Alteration for Anarchy.)

Without investment, you should not be rewarded.

1) Everytime they finish a mission? Thats a fuck ton of free zanas, what about if its not yours, what happens in the "trade leagues" you despise?

2) Chaos is worth more then 10 alts, regardless, chaos is the cost because chaos is the best method of creating a useful sink and a meaningful cost. If GGG didn't spoil everyone so much by increasing currency drop rates, you would you know make your own chaos orbs.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Chisel recipe is underrated, every two chisels is 1c and whenever i'm doing them i have like 50 hammers in my stash, you can pick those when farming high level zones so that's easy 25c if you sell those chisels to other players, ofc it depends on the price of the chisels in the market.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
bwam wrote:

A couple suggestions:

Without investment, you should not be rewarded.

1) Everytime they finish a mission? Thats a fuck ton of free zanas, what about if its not yours, what happens in the "trade leagues" you despise?

1. It's really not that many.

2. Anyone who participated in a Mission to its completion would be rewarded, similarly to how Master experience works.

"
goetzjam wrote:
2) Chaos is worth more then 10 alts, regardless, chaos is the cost because chaos is the best method of creating a useful sink and a meaningful cost. If GGG didn't spoil everyone so much by increasing currency drop rates, you would you know make your own chaos orbs.

1. The ratio really wasn't the point... Even if it weren't ballpark (which it is), the ratio isn't the point.

2. Your argument relies on the implicit understanding "Orbs of Alteration are NOT a useful sink with a meaningful cost." I disagree.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
Last edited by bwam on Jan 18, 2018, 9:30:59 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
Who can afford this?

Anyone who does the chaos vendor recipes doesn't do too bad. Pity you actually lose that for exalts when you go to a higher level of maps, and there is no convenient way to trade down outside of trade leagues, but...

...if you feel short on chaos, go zap through maps with ilvl <= 74 drops, build the complete sets, and sell them unidentified to the vendor.

You actually only need 1 single item of the set to be below ilevel 75 to get chaos orbs instead of regals.

Yeah actually the way i used to do it to be the most efficiant was pickup everything while mapping except weapons.. Since im almost always running red tier maps. Then once i filled a shit ton of tabs with chaos recipes sets of gear and was ready to turn them in for whatever reason i would then farm sac frags for midnight and while i was doing this pickup all the rare weapons to put with my chaos recipes sets.. Two birds one stone kinda thing. Worked well for me. About as efficient as you can get without just saying fuck the chaos recipes and just run more maps and shit you can sell for way more will come which is what i do now. hahaha

As far the the price of essence goes.. IDK i could see it just because when i have run it you get a couple on top of whatever comes in the map and if you just get a raiment of corruption you made your 5C back. This inst counting more chances at corruptable essences which go from anywhere from 20-50C if you get a hit. Then you consider you farm enough of them you make the highest lvl are some of the desirable essences to craft with and they can also sell for quite a bit. So 5c for essence... guess it really comes down to what your going for if its for a challenge then it can be worth it or your SSF and trying to craft something for endgame more reliably. and you can make some currency off of it back but yeah when you have things like breach for 1c more and then bloodlines for 3c and anarchy which gives 20% qaunt and a couple exiles for only 2c... it probably would be a bit more fair or atleast competitive with other zana mods at a more reasonable price like 3-4c. But again i havent run it quite enough to really judge how worth it it actually can be. I do know that essences have some value especially certain ones. Maybe if for 5C it come with a 50% chance of a reiment of corruption spawn THEN it would defiantly be worth it. Those fucking things are way too rare.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jan 19, 2018, 12:34:22 AM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I will have to buy breach for the stupid challenge (just like last league). Enough already! If we must still have breach related challenges at least have the decency of making them less rare.

And yeah, that is expensive imo for essence.

Classic GGG, gating a grind behind Zana 8 LOL

Fuck that noise.

I do think most 3c+ is prolly pretty expensive for SSF (am doing it too ofc), personally I paid 3c for Bloodline so far just to raise map pool, that's pretty much it. I can't ever see myself paying 5c for Essence though, maybe I need more playtime but so far I haven't found too much Chaos.

Ofc in actual trading league I use Zana quite a bit, mainly spam Fortune Favors this league.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info