[3.1]Shaper Down on budget 4-link –That Poet's Pen(“instant leech”_Glacial Cascade & Firestorm 2in1)

"
Under gear, Hrimsorrow Goathide Gloves are shown. There doesn't seem to be much physical damage to be converted to cold. Is there a reason to use those or are they just default due to resistances + small damage increase? Opinion on Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves instead?

Thoughts on Hrimnor's Resolve or Devoto's Devotion?

Glacial cascade does physical dmg and only 60% converted to cold, so using hrimsorrow gloves allows us to convert all phys to cold, for better dmg scaling (we are scaling ele dmg). You can use helmet with gc 40% convert enchant, but the price for good one is high, so gloves are cheap equivalent.

"
karambolino wrote:
Hi!
Elemental Equilibrium is very impotant for build?
Why used Malachai's Artifice and dont used EE in tree (only 1 point and get permanent EE)?

Thank you,
sorry for english

EE is a great DPS boost, as OP said "The Golem's attack applies a mini Elemental Equilibrium which reduces the target's Fire and Cold resist by 37.5%". Because golem does lightning damage EE will reduce fire and cold resistances of the target, if we will use EE by ourselfs, EE will mess mobs resistances for cold or fire, so we can't effectively do damage. The minuses of the ring are not a problem for this build.
Last edited by Pappas on Jan 29, 2018, 1:41:22 PM
Really nice build. I made it to 82 and killed Atziri. I'm steam rolling all the content so far but also my fps lol :( This is just crazy you can easily go to 20ish fps because there's too many shit on the screen lmao
Really excellent build, just started this -

One thing I don't understand though, the hrimsorrow and herald of ice means the lightning golem will also do cold damage negating the benefits of using it for EE or am I missing something?
IGN :HanBolo
Last edited by Jarex on Jan 30, 2018, 1:29:35 PM
"
Jarex wrote:

One thing I don't understand though, the hrimsorrow and herald of ice means the lightning golem will also do cold damage negating the benefits of using it for EE or am I missing something?

HoI isn't an aura (it's a self-buff), so it doesn't affect golem as well as hrimsorrow.
Well, I'm currently in my hideout and testing - both HoI and hrimsorrow buff the lightning golem with cold damage ( according to the tolltip )

Not the tooltip but char offense screen for golem
Last edited by Jarex on Jan 30, 2018, 1:51:28 PM
You can redistribute some of your scion wheel 5% health nodes to heart and soul for more health plus mana.
"
MajWoody wrote:
You can redistribute some of your scion wheel 5% health nodes to heart and soul for more health plus mana.

The Heart and Soul cluster is taken on the lvl90 tree.
"
Jarex wrote:
Well, I'm currently in my hideout and testing - both HoI and hrimsorrow buff the lightning golem with cold damage ( according to the tolltip )

Not the tooltip but char offense screen for golem

The ingame minion panel is bugged in many ways. :D

No worry. The setup works.
"
Pappas wrote:
"
Jarex wrote:

HoI isn't an aura (it's a self-buff), so it doesn't affect golem as well as hrimsorrow.

Thank you for clarifying many concepts. Cheers! :D
Thanks for clearing that up - on the same subject, will Hatred not affect lightning golem? ( I'm assuming lightning golems don't normally do physical damage )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info