[3.1]Shaper Down on budget 4-link –That Poet's Pen(“instant leech”_Glacial Cascade & Firestorm 2in1)

"
loonger wrote:

Interesting variation. :D Do you use the Vitality Eye?

Yes

I can't go without it, specially on single target.
But even with it, heal is still not comfortable without a life flask on single target, otherwise I can teleport right in a middle of a monster pack without any issue.

So I will try also to improve my attack speed to see how it goes.
"
pticouic wrote:
"
loonger wrote:

Interesting variation. :D Do you use the Vitality Eye?

Yes

I can't go without it, specially on single target.
But even with it, heal is still not comfortable without a life flask on single target, otherwise I can teleport right in a middle of a monster pack without any issue.

So I will try also to improve my attack speed to see how it goes.

Without the multiple hits from FS its harder to face tank single target. :)
Been playing this, super fun but I added a few things, firstly I am going as a hybrid ES/life, currently sitting at 6.25k life and 1.75k ES and I managed to get ahold of the ES on hit with Disc and Life on hit with Vitality Watcher's Eye, I found it increased by ability to survive by a massive amount(Currently level 86 able to easily farm red maps without crazy mob damage additions).

I've been looking into switching my chest to a Geofri's Sanctuary, it gives about the same armor and all resists as Belly of the Beast but gives potential massive ES gains. I'm sitting at about 300 STR which would add 120~ES to its base of about 250, with the few ES passives I have and int it works about to be about 705 extra ES, about the same as what Belly gives me in Life, plus the chest has some base health so im considering switching over to it, theres a few easy to get ES nodes right next to the tree that would boost this even further.
The construction is incredible.

I'm on level 80 now making red maps with some ease.

I made some changes to the equipment to use the new equipments in the league.

I added Volatile Dead and Cremation to the chest Shroud of the Lightless. Light poacher helmet to more damage and create a power charges.. I'm loving.

Tks for amazing build, and sorry my poor English
Play on X1X
Just hit 90 and all i have to say that build is so satisfying to play. Being super casual player builds usually bother me around mid 80's. Then I start a new build. But not this one, I want to return and sweep through maps again and again.

As for the minuses of the build, this is certainly the difficulty of recognizing the mayhem that is happening on the screen (what the hell is going on there XD), especially during the crack of the abyss, from the other side it is almost impossible to die standing in the environment of enemies, thanks to the mechanics of the build.
You can literally just stand and no press buttons at all, after a while creeps will die from cwdt setups.

Inspired by the build, i want to try to kill guardians and shaper himself for the first time ever. So I would be grateful if you would check my gear and say what things need improvement, also I have a few noob questions.

GEAR
Spoiler

1. "Frenzy (Lvl 1 for lower Dex requirement)" - Is there a difference in whether to raise the level of the gem or not, because in your gear the gem is max lvl, and dex req is not so high for me, maybe some mana issues?

2. You took precision node for dex or attack and cast speed play a role, otherwise at 91 lvl with 3 points we can get jewel socket near melding area.

3. "You are recommended to set the in-game attack speed at 0.26" - is there some option in the game settings, cause I dont quite understand how to do it?. My APS is 3.54 - is it enough or should i rise it?

TY for the build and guide, and sorry for my english :)
"
Pappas wrote:
Just hit 90 and all i have to say that build is so satisfying to play. Being super casual player builds usually bother me around mid 80's. Then I start a new build. But not this one, I want to return and sweep through maps again and again.

As for the minuses of the build, this is certainly the difficulty of recognizing the mayhem that is happening on the screen (what the hell is going on there XD), especially during the crack of the abyss, from the other side it is almost impossible to die standing in the environment of enemies, thanks to the mechanics of the build.
You can literally just stand and no press buttons at all, after a while creeps will die from cwdt setups.

Inspired by the build, i want to try to kill guardians and shaper himself for the first time ever. So I would be grateful if you would check my gear and say what things need improvement, also I have a few noob questions.

GEAR
Spoiler

1. "Frenzy (Lvl 1 for lower Dex requirement)" - Is there a difference in whether to raise the level of the gem or not, because in your gear the gem is max lvl, and dex req is not so high for me, maybe some mana issues?

2. You took precision node for dex or attack and cast speed play a role, otherwise at 91 lvl with 3 points we can get jewel socket near melding area.

3. "You are recommended to set the in-game attack speed at 0.26" - is there some option in the game settings, cause I dont quite understand how to do it?. My APS is 3.54 - is it enough or should i rise it?

TY for the build and guide, and sorry for my english :)

Thank you for your kind words. :D Glad you enjoy the build.

1. Frenzy doesn't benefit much from level in this build. The max level gem was put there coz the dex is not a problem for OP. :D

2. The Precision node is not only for atk speed but also for movement speed and dex. You need to get to 3.99 Attack Per Second to fully utilize the Pens.

3. You can see the in-game character panel for the "Attack Per Second". Or you can also check it on Frenzy's panel on your hotkey to check its "attack speed" (adjust your gears such that this one shows "0.26".)

For Shaper/Guardians fight. Push for more HP. And get familiar with the boss mechanism (especially for Shaper). You need to dodge those "oneshot" mechanism from bosses. For Chimera, use the Atziri's Promise for the snake adds (they do huge chaos damage).
Last edited by loonger on Jan 28, 2018, 9:19:44 PM
"
JamP wrote:
The construction is incredible.

I'm on level 80 now making red maps with some ease.

I made some changes to the equipment to use the new equipments in the league.

I added Volatile Dead and Cremation to the chest Shroud of the Lightless. Light poacher helmet to more damage and create a power charges.. I'm loving.

Tks for amazing build, and sorry my poor English

Thank you for taking your time to leave comments. Glad you enjoy the build. :D Cheers!
"
Cyrileo wrote:
Been playing this, super fun but I added a few things, firstly I am going as a hybrid ES/life, currently sitting at 6.25k life and 1.75k ES and I managed to get ahold of the ES on hit with Disc and Life on hit with Vitality Watcher's Eye, I found it increased by ability to survive by a massive amount(Currently level 86 able to easily farm red maps without crazy mob damage additions).

I've been looking into switching my chest to a Geofri's Sanctuary, it gives about the same armor and all resists as Belly of the Beast but gives potential massive ES gains. I'm sitting at about 300 STR which would add 120~ES to its base of about 250, with the few ES passives I have and int it works about to be about 705 extra ES, about the same as what Belly gives me in Life, plus the chest has some base health so im considering switching over to it, theres a few easy to get ES nodes right next to the tree that would boost this even further.

Glad you like the build. :D
Under gear, Hrimsorrow Goathide Gloves are shown. There doesn't seem to be much physical damage to be converted to cold. Is there a reason to use those or are they just default due to resistances + small damage increase? Opinion on Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves instead?

Thoughts on Hrimnor's Resolve or Devoto's Devotion?
Last edited by ChainofLightning on Jan 29, 2018, 3:01:57 AM
Hi!
Elemental Equilibrium is very impotant for build?
Why used Malachai's Artifice and dont used EE in tree (only 1 point and get permanent EE)?

Thank you,
sorry for english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info