Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

An overview of Abyss league.

"
ScrappyJim wrote:
"
Grauthrim wrote:

4) Certain aspects of the end game grinds this league are awful. I can't bare the idea of how many abysses I have to run to get 50 liches. In 400 hours of game time this league I'm still sat at 13/50. I do every abyss I see, I have not missed a single abyss in playtime this league. Why is the spawn rate of these experiences so low? Again tryinng to drag out the value of economy.

I'd like to weigh in on this subject. I'v played everyday since league start no less than 7h/day 12+ on weekends. I run every abyss I find and I'm still only at 7 liches. I haven't seen a lich in 8 days now. This spawn rate is complete BS. I'm also a little irritated Complete Influenced Maps requires both at 300. IMO elder should've been a little less since their spawns have more strict requirements to occur.

10 days now. No lich. For my own personal reasons I decided to count Abyss spawns. I just ran 5 hours straight maps dumping into one tab and continuing. No clue how many maps but running spectres and clearing pretty fast. In 5 hours I got 23 Troves and 2 Depths.
"
Miská wrote:
If you invest enough (Wich is easily returned in drops) maps still drop like candy.

Bullshit and lie.
No matter how much you invest, in average, over long run, you lose far more currency on buying/rolling high-level, than you get from drops.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 20, 2018, 6:04:30 PM
Oh, lets see. I'll be generous and say I've invested 50c in maps to complete 150 of the atlas. Looking at currency cop my 2 current map stash tabs containing only red ones are worth about 850c. So when it comes to just maps alone - no items, no orbs, no fragments, no essences, no divination cards, I've already made 17x the value I've invested and all I am doing is using an alch + vaal which are roughly 1 and a half chaos orb.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
If you invest enough (Wich is easily returned in drops) maps still drop like candy.

Bullshit and lie.
No matter how much you invest, in average, over long run, you lose far more currency on buying/rolling high-level, than you get from drops.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You should probably actually try some red maps first, and then comment.
"
Miská wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Bullshit and lie.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You should probably actually try some red maps first, and then comment.

No they don't. I've chained t15-16 maps with 150+ IIQ and 40+ packsize, sextants, breach and sacrifices and not had a single red map drop from them. Dropping like candy is beyond the question.
"

No they don't. I've chained t15-16 maps with 150+ IIQ and 40+ packsize, sextants, breach and sacrifices and not had a single red map drop from them. Dropping like candy is beyond the question.

I'm chaining t14's with a 2:1 drop rate, and that is besides the dozens of other red maps that I get. I don't run them with your proposed quant/packsize though, because those are total unrealistic numbers. Next time you make something up, try to make it believable.
"
Miská wrote:

I'm chaining t14's with a 2:1 drop rate, and that is besides the dozens of other red maps that I get. I don't run them with your proposed quant/packsize though, because those are total unrealistic numbers. Next time you make something up, try to make it believable.

So out of 2 maps, you get only 1 map return? Isnt that what's called "bad drop rate"? And you're actually lucky to get those drops, usually drops are even worse.

T15 maps cost 10-11 chaos orbs (except for Shaped Orchard, that is a bit cheaper). Even despite league is quite old. Do you really want to make me believe that you will get those investments returned with drops? Nah, usually map drops are worth just 2-3 chaos, and your time as well....

High map prices are indicators of poor drop rates. That's why players who sell them, want a lot of currency - because you cant sustain them on your own. In previous league, T15 maps were worth 2-3 chaos!!!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

T15 maps cost 10-11 chaos orbs (...) In previous league, T15 maps were worth 2-3 chaos!!!

Yes, but previous league was Harbinger League, when everybody was drowning in high tier maps in a fully completed atlas due to harbinger orb and orb of horizon. And wouldn't even run that shit because beachhead was 10x more XP.

10-11 chaos for a t15 is a "normal" price.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 21, 2018, 7:16:35 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Bullshit and lie.

Clearly you're not mapping in huge quantities or you would understand loss. I was only able to sustain vault maps by running other maps constantly until I possessed a pool of shaped vault maps. This was with a fully shaped Atlas with an already hefty currency investment, I've had two guildies do more or less the exact same thing and run into exactly the same problems. Throwing sextants, alchs, vaals, chaos orbs, everything at maps, blocking the whole Atlas... -_- it doesn't make ANY difference, the map drop rate is so abysmally low it's head ache territory... I even after huge investments said hey, let's complete the Atlas and see what happens, it makes absolutely no difference. You're almost always running out of maps, you might have other t-15's to run but that map you want to run is gone and isn't coming back without again huge currency investment.
I thought running the same map and completing the atlas are two different things? I thought the whole point of running a single shaped map is to get rid of everything else on its tier so only the shaped maps drops?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info