An overview of Abyss league.

The thing that frustrates me more about all of this is the already HUGE currency investment required to run large quantities of shaper/guardians is now even HIGHER than it was before. This isn't a difficulty gate it's an economy gate which makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever?! What about people who just want to PLAY THE GAME..... I don't want to flip, I don't want to have to be the wolf of god damn wallstreet to enjoy high end content that should simply be available for the entire audience of play 0.o PoE is the ONLY ARPG that follows this insane suit of patching for artificial difficulty instead of creating something of a challenge 0.o

Here's an idea, how about you create NEW content, with all the money you get from MTX, how about GGG develops, new bosses, new areas, new end game content completely. Instead of just nerfing and sucking the fun out of the entire game.....
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I'm chaining t14's with a 2:1 drop rate, and that is besides the dozens of other red maps that I get. I don't run them with your proposed quant/packsize though, because those are total unrealistic numbers. Next time you make something up, try to make it believable.

So out of 2 maps, you get only 1 map return? Isnt that what's called "bad drop rate"? And you're actually lucky to get those drops, usually drops are even worse.

T15 maps cost 10-11 chaos orbs (except for Shaped Orchard, that is a bit cheaper). Even despite league is quite old. Do you really want to make me believe that you will get those investments returned with drops? Nah, usually map drops are worth just 2-3 chaos, and your time as well....

High map prices are indicators of poor drop rates. That's why players who sell them, want a lot of currency - because you cant sustain them on your own. In previous league, T15 maps were worth 2-3 chaos!!!

No, I'm getting 2x t14 back for every t14 I run. This is an average over about 2000x t14's. Every 2 days I sell off about 100x t14's (And then another 100 other red map on top of that t11-t13). But then again, I actually spend currency (40-50c per map) to sustain. And make about double that back every map.

But don't take my word for it, I'm sure the 5 maps you ran are a much better sample size then my 2k.

And map prices are not high at all. Your just spoiled. Now you actually have to invest again before returns are made and you suddenly are clueless. Instead of actually listening (There are plenty of people sustaining high red maps) you just complain.
Last edited by Miská on Jan 21, 2018, 8:12:32 AM
"
Grauthrim wrote:

Here's an idea, how about you create NEW content, with all the money you get from MTX, how about GGG develops, new bosses, new areas, new end game content completely. Instead of just nerfing and sucking the fun out of the entire game.....

Didn't you just get a bunch of new maps, 5 new endgame bosses etc?

---

Compared to other ARPGs, PoE has the most interesting and meaningful endgame content (prefer same shit 10 times in a row from Sacred, boring endless dungeons from torchlight or "no endgame at all" from Titan Quest? ...well, go ahead and play those games).

What makes it so interesting is that maps are NOT free. That you cannot play whatever you want whenever you want, unless you carefully plan to do so, including serious investments.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

What makes it so interesting is that maps are NOT free. That you cannot play whatever you want whenever you want, unless you carefully plan to do so, including serious investments.

It's a good point. PoE certainly has a well developed endgame.

What bugs the shit out of me: endgame progress just equates to currency. *Items* should equate to currency, not actual game progress. Tier X maps should be challenging because your gear/build isn't good enough to kill the boss. Not because Tier X+1 maps drop completely randomly. Fuck RNG progress walls.
"
Miská wrote:

No, I'm getting 2x t14 back for every t14 I run. This is an average over about 2000x t14's. Every 2 days I sell off about 100x t14's (And then another 100 other red map on top of that t11-t13). But then again, I actually spend currency (40-50c per map) to sustain. And make about double that back every map.

How can you get profits when you spend 40-50c (!!!) per map? Dropping an exalt every second map? Or ~3 maps of the same level all the time
I'm done with your fallacy. This could be true in Harbinger, but in Abyss, it's just impossible. Yes, you can roll a bit better packsize/quantity, adds some sextants, etc, but all those investments still NEVER raise map drop rate by a factor of 5-10, which you'll need for that.

Just stop lying.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

How can you get profits when you spend 40-50c (!!!) per map? Dropping an exalt every second map? Or ~3 maps of the same level all the time
I'm done with your fallacy. This could be true in Harbinger, but in Abyss, it's just impossible. Yes, you can roll a bit better packsize/quantity, adds some sextants, etc, but all those investments still NEVER raise map drop rate by a factor of 5-10, which you'll need for that.

Just stop lying.

Since you insist. Here's an example of 50maps I did a few days ago and logged the results. The exalts were 10 from div cards, 4 drops. 87x Shaped Vault return on 50x Vault + all the other red maps. Total gains 3900 approx (Without any sales) Total cost, 2200c approx ( Zana mod, 8-9 sextants per map, scour/alch to 85q+ and the maps themselves @10c each)

https://imgur.com/a/l5ED5 << Full currency cop report.

Don't be so close minded man. You have no idea what you can do in this game when you stack as much of everything as you can.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Just stop lying.

He's not lied. He's just adept of 'The Chosen Map' meta gaming. In current state this map is Shaped Vault. No other map runed and you must to use a sextants with this fucking mod blocking 'system'.

No fun. Just no brain grind for more grind. Sadly thing, but this way also is profitable.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Just stop lying.

He's not lied. He's just adept of 'The Chosen Map' meta gaming. In current state this map is Shaped Vault. No other map runed and you must to use a sextants with this fucking mod blocking 'system'.

No fun. Just no brain grind for more grind. Sadly thing, but this way also is profitable.

If 7 sextanted, breach maps aren't fun, I don't what is. Have fun running shitty maps, I'll stick to what I find fun, thanks.
"
Miská wrote:
If 7 sextanted, breach maps aren't fun, I don't what is.

No fun for me is running one map over and over again. 100-200 times. It's just a cancer play. Grind for grind itself. Good luck to defend this style.

Spoiler
Also GGG must to remove sextant blocking as fast as possible.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Jan 21, 2018, 8:32:36 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Just stop lying.

My belief in your story is non existent to be honest with ya...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info