[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

I have 2 issues:

1) I only have 54 intelligence (so I can't use auras I want to)
2) I'm at -80% chaos

Any recommendations on my next purchase? Cheers.

"
Betwiixt wrote:
I have 2 issues:

2) I'm at -80% chaos

Are you using Kaom's roots for the HP or something? They are quite redundant for this build as you get stun immunity from Her Embrace. That right there is where you can pick up some chaos res if you wanted it. The build can feel very squishy if you don't have a good combination of regen, lgoh, or other mitigation.

Are you at -80% chaos when at full endurance charges? did you take unyielding or unrelenting? taking unrelenting and working a couple more endurance charges, and theres also a node on the way to one that gives regen per endurance charge. So you get 6 endurance charges, you can add a Kaom's Way, although they are expensive as shit now, luckily I got a couple before they became a thing, that puts you up to 7 endurance charges, giving you +28% chaos res, phys reduction, regen, etc...Kaom's way also has a bit of lgoh on it.

That is just one option to make you a bit more defensive, there are others too.
Last edited by frankthetankkk on Apr 3, 2018, 9:36:31 PM
"
"
Betwiixt wrote:
I have 2 issues:

2) I'm at -80% chaos

Are you using Kaom's roots for the HP or something? They are quite redundant for this build as you get stun immunity from Her Embrace. That right there is where you can pick up some chaos res if you wanted it. The build can feel very squishy if you don't have a good combination of regen, lgoh, or other mitigation.

Are you at -80% chaos when at full endurance charges? did you take unyielding or unrelenting? taking unrelenting and working a couple more endurance charges, and theres also a node on the way to one that gives regen per endurance charge. So you get 6 endurance charges, you can add a Kaom's Way, although they are expensive as shit now, luckily I got a couple before they became a thing, that puts you up to 7 endurance charges, giving you +28% chaos res, phys reduction, regen, etc...Kaom's way also has a bit of lgoh on it.

That is just one option to make you a bit more defensive, there are others too.

Mate he's not using Kaom's Roots, scroll over it... It's a vaaled Kaom's Roots, not too bad actually.
My experience with this build so far (lvl 85) is quite positve, but with a caveat.

Forget about tectonic slam, period. Go with frostblades instead, as others have advised, it's MUCH better for clearing. I'm using the regular build path he proposes for molten strike and it works great with frostblades as the aoe skill. Gem's are currently;
Frostblades: multistrike, ancester's call, elem damage, fire pen, inc crit damage
Molten Strike: multistrike, elem damage, immolate, fire pen, conc effect

Frostblades clears maps really well, then I just switch to molten strike for tough mobs/bosses and they melt.

Before I made the switch to frostblades I was very close to quitting the build, tectonic slam might be "ok", but it doesn't keep up with the better map clear abilities at all, I think it's no wonder it's one of the lesser used skills as per the last stats release. Since the switch I've really enjoyed it, and i've invested very little into the build, probably the most expensive item for me was the Oskarm's at around 20c, the rest was 5c max or self found. You really save a lot of money not needing a 6L chest or movespeed on boots.

I'm also enjoying how flexible the aura's are, I'm just rolling with anger and herald of ash, but I can switch in defensive ones for tougher maps, or the lab.
"
Mate he's not using Kaom's Roots, scroll over it... It's a vaaled Kaom's Roots, not too bad actually.

Yea my bad, didn't bother to look, hope the rest helps.
Last edited by frankthetankkk on Apr 4, 2018, 12:57:53 PM
Done 38/40 challenges with this build.
Shaper is like childs play with this,
real problem is uber elder, hard to sustain life on him , idk what to change for him
dat cuiling strike is normaly faster attacks
Last edited by arospl on Apr 4, 2018, 5:21:43 PM
Could someone help me what I should upgrade? I have almost 7k hp but shaper is oneshooting me with those balls.
"
arospl wrote:
Done 38/40 challenges with this build.
Shaper is like childs play with this,
real problem is uber elder, hard to sustain life on him , idk what to change for him
dat cuiling strike is normaly faster attacks

why enduring cry linked to cast when damage taken? it doesn't use it
nice
Hello Guys,

Im going to play this build after chaos spamming the following rare amu:

Now my question is if this amu is better then Xoph amu and some explanation would be nice, because Xoph amu seems rly good except it has no accuracy and flat life and lacks resistances compared to my amu. The fire dmg on xoph and life % might be better i think?

I plan on following the guide gear wise except for amulet, do I need to change gear if I use rare amu?

Thanks you in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info