[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
"
Really feel like Kaoms is a wasted slot, Brass Dome with Jugg is almost too good to pass up. Even a 2k armor or eva with iron reflexes feels better.

Also I'll put this up again since it didn't really catch on, but Xophs feels unnecessary when you can use Yoke of Suffering.

Yea yoke of suffering is solid choice. I'm not using Xoph's anymore personally and am doing more DPS.

Are you actually able to shock end game bosses? This seems very unlikely.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 19, 2018, 4:23:39 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
"
hankinsohl wrote:

As stated above, I've been reluctant to equip high-Int requirement gems due to gearing issues - but, yes, good point wrt Conc Effect. The increased damage is probably worth the trouble of taking Int on the tree/acquiring gear with Int (it's maybe a 20% or so more damage buff overall - I dropped a bit of life to support Int requirements for the gem - meh, guess I'll want another level eventually to regain the life).

WRT Crit Damage versus Added Fire - I'm not seeing this. Even giving Diamond Flask 100% uptime, Added Fire Beats Increased Crit for my gear.

I even uploaded your toon into Path of Building and gave your Diamond Flask 100% uptime - Added Fire slightly beats Increased Crit for you. But I didn't attempt to model your gear's effects (power charge and frenzy charge interaction) which gives power charges uptime that I've not accounted for.

At any rate, Added Fire is a solid choice and probably out-performs Increased Crit for bosses unless you have niche gear; and even with niche gear, Added Fire is at least close to if not better than Increased Crit.

If you don't have enough crit chance or intelligence maybe. I don't know what you are doing in PoB, but I can tell you that in my PoB, and me having 60% crit chance even without a diamond flask, the crit damage is most certainly better. For me, Crit Damage gives 33% more DPS with diamond flask up, 27% without, versus 20% more with added fire. 112% crit multi is better than having added fire damage when your crit chance is constantly over 50-60% without diamond flask, and 80% with. You may not be accounting for 100% power charge uptime and cat's stealth buff either which gives 100% crit chance.

Post your PoB. Still not seeing this - though I'm not giving full credit to your power charges/cat's stealth - (not sure how this works actually and PoB doesn't intrinsically model this yet it seems) - so for your gear crit damage might well be better.

https://pastebin.com/UZhqK7w7

As you can see if you go into the skill/gem section, adding Added Fire Damage would give me 14.5% DPS increase, whereas Crit Damage gives me ~30% DPS increase. This is also not accounting for Aspect of the Cat which gives me 100% crit chance/10% attack speed every 6/6 seconds.
Last edited by frankthetankkk on Mar 19, 2018, 4:53:27 AM
"

As you can see if you go into the skill/gem section, adding Added Fire Damage would give me 14.5% DPS increase, whereas Crit Damage gives me ~30% DPS increase. This is also not accounting for Aspect of the Cat which gives me 100% crit chance/10% attack speed every 6/6 seconds.

Yup - I wasn't fully crediting power charges.

FYI - in the pastebin "covered in ash" seems to be mistakenly checked for some reason.
I see no reason to use Tectonic Slam vs Frost Blades for clearing. And I see no reason to use it vs Molten Strike for single target.

Am I missing something?
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"

FYI - in the pastebin "covered in ash" seems to be mistakenly checked for some reason.

Why wouldn't it be checked? Chieftan ascendancy means any boss will be covered in ash.
"
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"

Why wouldn't it be checked? Chieftan ascendancy means any boss will be covered in ash.

Ah - thought you were Juggernaut. Didn't look at your ascendancies.
"
I see no reason to use Tectonic Slam vs Frost Blades for clearing. And I see no reason to use it vs Molten Strike for single target.

Am I missing something?

Nope. That's what I'm using. TS looks nice but loses because it's a middle ground between good clearing and good bossing.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"

Ah - thought you were Juggernaut. Didn't look at your ascendancies.

Yea I switched from Jugg, been trying a buncha different ways to build it. If i could have gotten a Farruls helm witb the MS enchant I may have stayed Jugg, but I needed the Amulet slot for the Aspect buff. The damage is nutty, HP isnt as high, but regen is higher and survivability honestly feels about the same if not better with Phase Acrobatics.

I think it would be interesting to try phase acrobatics with Jugg and use brass dome...youd negate the armor lost from PA with Jugg and Brass Dome, and have a pretty tanky character IMO.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
"
Really feel like Kaoms is a wasted slot, Brass Dome with Jugg is almost too good to pass up. Even a 2k armor or eva with iron reflexes feels better.

Also I'll put this up again since it didn't really catch on, but Xophs feels unnecessary when you can use Yoke of Suffering.

Yea yoke of suffering is solid choice. I'm not using Xoph's anymore personally and am doing more DPS.

I think Yoke is overrated for this build. You are never going to be able to shock in fights where the extra damage from shock is actually useful. Also with near 100% fire conversion from Watcher's eye you can't rely on the increased damage per ailment modifier either without altering the build considerably. On Shaper it basically gives me +5% damage(15% if it counts poison/bleed) and some resists/stats. Very underwhelming.

Xoph's is still best for this build and its priced accordingly. If you can't afford Xoph's I would just go for a rare ammy with life/crit multi/phys dmg/inc ele damage. You also get the added bonus of being able to roll int on it to help run max level crit/conc effect gems.
Last edited by kingoflimbs on Mar 19, 2018, 5:46:48 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
"

Crit is 100% chance. Not going to debate if Xophs is better, it obviously is, but when you throw a 7ex "best in slot" vs a 5c that can keep up with the BiS.. I'll take the 5c until it proves to be 7ex worth in debt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info