[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"

Crit is 100% chance. Not going to debate if Xophs is better, it obviously is, but when you throw a 7ex "best in slot" vs a 5c that can keep up with the BiS.. I'll take the 5c until it proves to be 7ex worth in debt.

Shock works a bit differently than just requiring a crit to apply. Here's the explanation from the wiki.

"
The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and the damage increase scales relative to the amount of Lightning damage dealt to the enemy's maximum life. Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[1] effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life.

Considering Shaper has around 20mil life? I think? You would need to hit for 40000 just to apply a 1% damage increase from shock. You would need a single hit to do 2mil damage to apply the full 50% damage increase. For context my characters average MH hit in PoB is currently 37k. Selecting the "enemy shocked" option in PoB currently just adds a flat 50% increased damage modifier and does not factor in the enemies health. This causes Yoke to show your damage tooltip a lot higher than what it realistically is.

Applying shock with Molten Strike is currently just not feasible. Sure, it will work on lower tier bosses and trash mobs but this build should already be melting those. Against end game content Yoke is realistically only giving you 5 - 15% increased damage + 3 mediocre resist rolls. There are far better rare amulets for cheap.
Last edited by kingoflimbs on Mar 19, 2018, 9:29:57 PM
Crits from elemental damage are a 100% proc, and seeing as how ignite is the only elemental status that doesn't have a minimum damage proc to activate and I'm not sure but I think the proc of non-crit with yoke will scale off your chance to proc of said element.

Not 100% on this mechanic with yoke, but short story is since ignite can proc with no minimum damage threshold, it will proc shock at (70-80) the same rate as ignite.

This is also reflected on PoB calculations.
"
Crits from elemental damage are a 100% proc, and seeing as how ignite is the only elemental status that doesn't have a minimum damage proc to activate and I'm not sure but I think the proc of non-crit with yoke will scale off your chance to proc of said element.

Not 100% on this mechanic with yoke, but short story is since ignite can proc with no minimum damage threshold, it will proc shock at (70-80) the same rate as ignite.

Mouse over the chance to shock in PoB calculations and it will tell you the maximum life pool an enemy can have before shock is no longer applied.

Yoke just allows your other elements the ability to shock. The rest of shocks mechanic still apply though. So even though with yoke you are now capable of applying shock with fire damage you still need said fire damage to be hitting for a minimum 0.2% of an enemies max life per hit. Molten Strikes elemental damage per hit is just nowhere near high enough to apply any meaningful damage increase with shock.

I would really recommend running a different amulet to Yoke when doing any sort of end game boss content. You won't get the shock benefits and without shock Yoke is fairly mediocre.
Last edited by kingoflimbs on Mar 19, 2018, 11:02:07 PM
WOW THIS BUILD IS AMAZING I LOVE THE ONI GAROSHI
Hello im using this chest now and looking for what to use in those 5 links
maybe a totem setup or auras? help :(
Great build of the Jugg builds i've played around with in 3.2 this one is by far the most enjoyable and fits well with Jugg.
"
kingoflimbs wrote:
"

Mouse over the chance to shock in PoB calculations and it will tell you the maximum life pool an enemy can have before shock is no longer applied.

Yoke just allows your other elements the ability to shock. The rest of shocks mechanic still apply though. So even though with yoke you are now capable of applying shock with fire damage you still need said fire damage to be hitting for a minimum 0.2% of an enemies max life per hit. Molten Strikes elemental damage per hit is just nowhere near high enough to apply any meaningful damage increase with shock.

I would really recommend running a different amulet to Yoke when doing any sort of end game boss content. You won't get the shock benefits and without shock Yoke is fairly mediocre.

I agree with KingOfLimbs. You won't be shocking bosses with Molten Strike - which does a lot of little hits that cumulatively add up to a lot of damage (but shock duration and hence the ability to shock in the first place is based on single hits).

Yoke is fantastic with single large hit elemental skills (glacial cascade) where you will actually shock bosses due to the large damage single hit.

That said, Yoke does at least give you effectively 5% *more* (increased damage taken) damage due to ignite and it's got some resists.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 20, 2018, 5:13:42 AM
Took the build to level 90 , it is so strong! Only missing Xoph s blood to bring it to perfection... . Still trying to improve mapping though. I tried the two Onis , one with Wildstrike one with Molten strike, but i didn t like that skill at all.

How du you run your char ? could you post your end game Mapping/ Boss gem setup? Your char shows tectonic slam and MS? are you running that ?

Ty for this awesome build :).
Hi!

I'm loving this build, very strong! I play in Standard and I have some doubts - is The Taming ring a good ring for the build? I have two of them - the new version - but I honestly don`t know if they are good or not.

Second, is this build endgame viable - and by that I mean, can it take down Uber bosses? I don`t mind with clear speed. Also, are there any good legacy item that I could use that will improve the build? Since I`m standard you know!

Thanks a lot!
"
Lordrius wrote:
Hi!

I'm loving this build, very strong! I play in Standard and I have some doubts - is The Taming ring a good ring for the build? I have two of them - the new version - but I honestly don`t know if they are good or not.

Second, is this build endgame viable - and by that I mean, can it take down Uber bosses? I don`t mind with clear speed. Also, are there any good legacy item that I could use that will improve the build? Since I`m standard you know!

Thanks a lot!

Legacy Kaom's would help but if you don't know that then you probably can't afford it :P
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info