[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
Infanty wrote:
what about Craiceann's Carapace as alternative kaom?

The Brass Dome would be a far far better alternative. The Crab jawn you need the other set pieces for it to work.
"
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
kadukt wrote:

Hmm gonna try some runs with this setup, im in doubt about the best setup for boss kill with MS, conc effect+fasterattacks / conc effect+crit dmg / fasterattacks+ancestralcall (the glitch still working?)

I believe that, if you position yourself correctly and strike the ground in front of the boss, you'll get two sets of projectiles. That said, I'm not sure that it's worth the bother.

Per the last post in the reddit discussion here, with perfect positioning, DPS might go up somewhat (8% or so).

As far as best gems for Molten Strike single target, you can play around with different combinations in Path of Building. One factor in my own gem choice is that I found it difficult to get enough Int on gear/in the tree along with resists and other nice stats that I decided not to use any gems with high Int requirements.

The MS links I've settled on:

For bosses, Conc effect and Crit Damage will give you a lot more damage than FA and Added Fire.

As stated above, I've been reluctant to equip high-Int requirement gems due to gearing issues - but, yes, good point wrt Conc Effect. The increased damage is probably worth the trouble of taking Int on the tree/acquiring gear with Int (it's maybe a 20% or so more damage buff overall - I dropped a bit of life to support Int requirements for the gem - meh, guess I'll want another level eventually to regain the life).

WRT Crit Damage versus Added Fire - I'm not seeing this. Even giving Diamond Flask 100% uptime, Added Fire Beats Increased Crit for my gear.

I even uploaded your toon into Path of Building and gave your Diamond Flask 100% uptime - Added Fire slightly beats Increased Crit for you. But I didn't attempt to model your gear's effects (power charge and frenzy charge interaction) which gives power charges uptime that I've not accounted for.

At any rate, Added Fire is a solid choice and probably out-performs Increased Crit for bosses unless you have niche gear; and even with niche gear, Added Fire is at least close to if not better than Increased Crit.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 18, 2018, 8:31:44 AM
Do you have a video for guardians too? cus i do feel like the build feels alittle weak against the guardians, survival based.
Hi guys im here again to get some help go this armor and looking to what use with these slots plz welp
will use it in the kaoms slot, im thinking about a Warchief totem or some aura setup and warchief on my boots welp XD
Last edited by kadukt on Mar 18, 2018, 5:59:37 PM
How do you deal with Frozen / Chilled, since no flask assists?
Really feel like Kaoms is a wasted slot, Brass Dome with Jugg is almost too good to pass up. Even a 2k armor or eva with iron reflexes feels better.

Also I'll put this up again since it didn't really catch on, but Xophs feels unnecessary when you can use Yoke of Suffering.
Great!!!!
"
Really feel like Kaoms is a wasted slot, Brass Dome with Jugg is almost too good to pass up. Even a 2k armor or eva with iron reflexes feels better.

Also I'll put this up again since it didn't really catch on, but Xophs feels unnecessary when you can use Yoke of Suffering.

Yea yoke of suffering is solid choice. I'm not using Xoph's anymore personally and am doing more DPS.
Last edited by frankthetankkk on Mar 19, 2018, 3:13:56 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:

As stated above, I've been reluctant to equip high-Int requirement gems due to gearing issues - but, yes, good point wrt Conc Effect. The increased damage is probably worth the trouble of taking Int on the tree/acquiring gear with Int (it's maybe a 20% or so more damage buff overall - I dropped a bit of life to support Int requirements for the gem - meh, guess I'll want another level eventually to regain the life).

WRT Crit Damage versus Added Fire - I'm not seeing this. Even giving Diamond Flask 100% uptime, Added Fire Beats Increased Crit for my gear.

I even uploaded your toon into Path of Building and gave your Diamond Flask 100% uptime - Added Fire slightly beats Increased Crit for you. But I didn't attempt to model your gear's effects (power charge and frenzy charge interaction) which gives power charges uptime that I've not accounted for.

At any rate, Added Fire is a solid choice and probably out-performs Increased Crit for bosses unless you have niche gear; and even with niche gear, Added Fire is at least close to if not better than Increased Crit.

If you don't have enough crit chance or intelligence maybe. I don't know what you are doing in PoB, but I can tell you that in my PoB, and me having 60% crit chance even without a diamond flask, the crit damage is most certainly better. For me, Crit Damage gives 33% more DPS with diamond flask up, 27% without, versus 20% more with added fire. 112% crit multi is better than having added fire damage when your crit chance is constantly over 50-60% without diamond flask, and 80% with. You may not be accounting for 100% power charge uptime and cat's stealth buff either which gives 100% crit chance.
Last edited by frankthetankkk on Mar 19, 2018, 3:31:13 AM
"
"
hankinsohl wrote:

If you don't have enough crit chance or intelligence maybe. I don't know what you are doing in PoB, but I can tell you that in my PoB, and me having 60% crit chance even without a diamond flask, the crit damage is most certainly better. For me, Crit Damage gives 33% more DPS with diamond flask up, 27% without, versus 20% more with added fire. 112% crit multi is better than having added fire damage when your crit chance is constantly over 50-60% without diamond flask, and 80% with. You may not be accounting for 100% power charge uptime and cat's stealth buff either which gives 100% crit chance.

Post your PoB. Still not seeing this - though I'm not giving full credit to your power charges/cat's stealth - (not sure how this works actually and PoB doesn't intrinsically model this yet it seems) - so for your gear crit damage might well be better.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 19, 2018, 4:22:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info