[3.2][Slayer/Reave/Blade Flurry] Embrace the Madness [Oni-Goroshi/Budget to End Game]

I know it's a strange question since it's the main gem - but is Reave the only viable gem for AOE damage in this build?
"
iktose wrote:
Thanks you for your thoughts !

- Primeval force : sounds like a viable choice but not what I want for the build. The idea was to have a good DPS without sacrificing life and defenses. Speccing Primeval force in my PoB gives me +4.5% shaper dps but -500/600 HP. I think it's too few dps for 5 points spent and too much life lost. Some people might want to go this way though.

- Darkness Enthroned : you're right here this could also work. Gearing options are not set in stone. Could give a nice DPS boost to the build without sacrificing life/resists.

- Glove enchant : I always use Fury with 2h characters but here I'm using spiked gloves so no enchant possible or I'll overwrtie the 19% inc damage explicit. I think Fury is great but as you said Reave already has a good AoE/clearspeed so it's not needed.

- Tombfist : again that could work but you'll have to choose between Tombfist and Darkness Enthroned ro you(ll have a hard time capping your resists. Also Tombfist has an abyssal socket or two so you'll have to drop 1 or gems from the build and if you don't want to drop offensive gems you'll have to drop defensive ones.

- Druidic rite : I took this one because of the very low mana pool I had left after I switched to HoA + Hatred + AO + Enlighten. It's also great because of the buffs it gives to our flasks. 20% increased duration = 1 second for each flasks and with the 20% inc charges gained you'll never run out of flasks. I agree this is more quality of life but it's nice to have :)
Another solution is to link leap slam with blood magic as this is what will drain your mana in maps but again you would have to sacrifice another gem for it. Versatility is nice and gives some intel to help with the requirement of the blue gems. Again this is a matter of how you like to play your character. All those options are viable :)

Yes if you go for life and make it HC vaiable, this make sense, but the tree isn't fully optimal. I've just check it in pob, remove the 4% life next to thick skin and take the 4% life with armour node next to Warrior's blood. Cant go wrong with extra 18% armour :)

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
Ukanta wrote:

Yes if you go for life and make it HC vaiable, this make sense, but the tree isn't fully optimal. I've just check it in pob, remove the 4% life next to thick skin and take the 4% life with armour node next to Warrior's blood. Cant go wrong with extra 18% armour :)

You're right the tree isn't fully optimized. That's the first build I create, I put everything together in PoB and tried it ingame. Because it worked well I didn't try to optimize. I'll give it a try ! Thanks !

"
scholles wrote:
I know it's a strange question since it's the main gem - but is Reave the only viable gem for AOE damage in this build?

I think some other skills would also work with the build. Frost blades with ancestral call, cyclone, wild strike or even lacerate can be used with some changes to the tree. It depends on which playstyle you like the most for mapping. Just keep using blade flurry for single target.
Last edited by iktose on Jan 26, 2018, 12:50:22 PM
How essential is multistrike with reave? Can it be replaced by something else?

Edit: nvm, just needed more attack speed for it to feel good to use
Last edited by lisenysh on Jan 26, 2018, 7:15:41 PM
Can you post a hc viable PoB one if possible? or can this one work well?
I'm not playing hc so I won't risk giving advises about something I don't know, sorry.

If anyone passing by this post is able to help feel free to do so !
What do you think about using Xoph's Blood / Doresso Salute / Carnage Heart as amulet ?

Also why you recommend Reave as aoe clear skill ? I think the range was sucks even with 4 stacks. Can i change it with other gems ? Does the tree are designed to use reave as main aoe skill ?
The tree isn't designed to use Reave only and the aoe doesn't suck at all, try it ! (if the aoe is good enough for you try it with vall reave). I already talked about some other skills that came in mind and could replace Reave in the build. Just remember I didn't test those skills so I won't be able to answer questions about them.

I wouldn't recommend Xoph's as this build isn't optimized for elemental damage. Carnage Heart can be used in a budget version of the build but you'll lose dps and life compared to a good rare amulet (with no real bonuses to balance this loss). With Daresso's you will again lose dps and life to gain aoe range and movement speed compared to a good rare amulet. Can be used also if you really want to but definitely not the best in this price range.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Can you post a hc viable PoB one if possible? or can this one work well?

Currently lvlling this on hc.

Here is my take on it

https://pastebin.com/V6R20p2Q

224% life, 3 jewels.
So how is it going with the HC version ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info