[3.2][Slayer/Reave/Blade Flurry] Embrace the Madness [Oni-Goroshi/Budget to End Game]

hello kind sir but how do you proc Her Embrace? I don't see chance to ignite in your tree and in 6l. Thanks!

PS. I see HoA but how about in boss fight where you need Her Embrace the most?
Last edited by msedt03 on Feb 6, 2018, 8:54:01 AM
"
notwisted wrote:

Well I'm still running HoA and hatred. But I wanted to swap out the AA (and enlighten seeing as I don't need it) I wanted to keep the hatred for the freeze as I find it helps alot and I feel like running blasphemy would give me the same issue I had with AA which is too low a mana pool. (besides this im running warlords mark in my CwDT 4L)

I guess I could swap out the damage on full life for something else in the oni setup and use blood magic. I should also point out that I'm running a 6L belly with the ancestral protector on a 6L setup so I could swap this out for a 4L on the helm and run a more offensive option on the 6l (any suggestions on this?) but I'm mostly just messing around to find something I like atm.

That's the right thing to do ! Always try different combination to customize a build to something you like. The freeze from Hatred helped a lot too in the beginning but after that I felt I just needed more survivability adn Hatred was just nice to have but not mandatory.

I you have some spare links I think there's some options you might want to try :
- Ancestral Warchief / Ancestral protector with supports like blind (if you don't have blind chance on your jewels) and bloodlust (for max damage) with other damage support gems
- CwDT with gems like vortex, enfeeble (you won't need warlord's mark anymore when your DPS is good enough), molten shell (life gain on hit maybe ?). There are many kind of defensive (and fun) setups that you can use with more than 4L CwDT

I don't really get how you want to use blood magic ? You mean taking blood magic keystone in the tree ?

"
msedt03 wrote:
hello kind sir but how do you proc Her Embrace? I don't see chance to ignite in your tree and in 6l. Thanks!

I use Herald of Ash to add fire damage to attacks and high critical strike chance to ignite often.
"
msedt03 wrote:

I use Herald of Ash to add fire damage to attacks and high critical strike chance to ignite often.[/quote]

does it proc even in boss fight? sorry if the question would look ??? to you. I'm serious. haha
When even a small portion of your damage is fire then all crits ignite the target regardless of its maximum life. It's very easy to ignite with high crit chance and fast attack speed. You can check the wiki.
Last edited by iktose on Feb 6, 2018, 4:11:18 PM
"

I don't really get how you want to use blood magic ? You mean taking blood magic keystone in the tree ?

I was thinking Bout running it on my helm and running AA on blood magic but the damage on full life dps is just too good.

I think I'm going to drop the warlords for a different curse setup I'll update when I find something I like!! Sitting on almost 5k HP at level ~64 and I did mercy lab at lvl 62. Was ezy peezy lemon squeezy
"
iktose wrote:
When even a small portion of your damage is fire then all crits ignite the target regardless of its maximum life. It's very easy to ignite with high crit chance and fast attack speed. You can check the wiki.

Thank you so much! Now I know.. :D Could you look at my char and see what I should improve? Wonderful guide btw.
"
msedt03 wrote:

Thank you so much! Now I know.. :D Could you look at my char and see what I should improve? Wonderful guide btw.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I don't think there's many things to change, I think you did something good with the build. Your skilltree is different but so is your gear. In PoB with same settings you have more DPS than me. You could unspec Finesse and Heart of Oak to get Fencing. This gives you more crit chance and more DPS. You'll lose some life though.

Speaking of your life it's a bit low. On one of your ring you have only +7 max life. You could get a better one. Maybe sacrificing some of your DPS (unspeccing Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Lynx) to take the missing points in the Constitution wheel.

Doing this you'll get to 6k life, 600k dps reave / 1.4 M dsp blade flurry (guardians/shaper dps) which the DPS I had when I fought Guardians (with Abyssus). If you want more life drop some of your support skill gems and get a Kaom's heart this will give you +800 life compared to your Belly (and the price dropped to 2 ex)

"
notwisted wrote:
"

I was thinking Bout running it on my helm and running AA on blood magic but the damage on full life dps is just too good.

I think I'm going to drop the warlords for a different curse setup I'll update when I find something I like!! Sitting on almost 5k HP at level ~64 and I did mercy lab at lvl 62. Was ezy peezy lemon squeezy

Don't reserve life for Arctic Armor that would be a total waste :) If you can't fit it in your build maybe get some +to max mana on one ring that will help or just don't use it and see how it goes !
"
iktose wrote:

Thanks for the kind words :)

I don't think there's many things to change, I think you did something good with the build. Your skilltree is different but so is your gear. In PoB with same settings you have more DPS than me. You could unspec Finesse and Heart of Oak to get Fencing. This gives you more crit chance and more DPS. You'll lose some life though.

Speaking of your life it's a bit low. On one of your ring you have only +7 max life. You could get a better one. Maybe sacrificing some of your DPS (unspeccing Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Lynx) to take the missing points in the Constitution wheel.

Doing this you'll get to 6k life, 600k dps reave / 1.4 M dsp blade flurry (guardians/shaper dps) which the DPS I had when I fought Guardians (with Abyssus). If you want more life drop some of your support skill gems and get a Kaom's heart this will give you +800 life compared to your Belly (and the price dropped to 2 ex)

My build is actually not from you. It was from someone also here but that build is DW. I just tried switching to Oni-Goroshi and found out it's a lot stronger so I saw this and wanted to switch.

You were right about my life. XD It's kinda low. Only 5.7k now. I'm thinking of doing what you said about unspecing some. Thank you. :D
Ok now I understand why some many differences with my build. Hope you come out with something you like, have fun :)
So what is the purpose of taking all of the damage with ailment nodes? Or is that just for the phys damage that comes with them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info