[3.5 Updated-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! ~Freeze All Content ~

~~~VP vs No VP~~~
I have done t16/Shaper with this build with/without VP and both were able to get the kills. That said, VP were much smoother kills and allowed me to ignore some mechanics that I wasn't able to ignore without VP. I have only done Uber Atziri with VP.

In the end it's up to you. I prefer the VP play style so it is my choice but if you dislike VP it will work perfectly fine for you. My only suggestion would be dropping some damage to pick up either more life/life regen nodes or extra increased life leech per second.

3.5 Changes
Spoiler
Nothing core has been changed, build still works exactly the same just with a few skill gems to play around with and a nice buff to carcass jack AoE!

Going to be playing around with War Banner/brands/bone chill to see if/how they work and how worth they are to use. Fun times!

My other builds

[3.4-Inquis]Fire and Ice Cyclone Inquisitor!
[3.4-Raider]2h Freezing Cyclone! Raider Edition.

Videos
Spoiler
If you have a request for a video feel free to ask. I have elder spawned on maps I run but I can always do Uber elder on standard if someone wants that. Ask away, I don't mind adding content for the guide if it's wanted.

Ye ol Shaper
Casual Shaped Channel
t13 Shaped Infested Valley
10 Random Alched Maps

The TLDR
End Tree and PoB links
Spoiler
lvl 100 Tree

PoB of current league Character Dizzy___AF.

https://pastebin.com/cRUaLDnE

PoB of build for Bleeds_for_all lvl 98 in standard that has cleared t16/Shaper/Uber Atziri.

https://pastebin.com/uBqKyytc

Content Cleared
Spoiler
Phoenix clear

Hydra clear

Minotaur clear

Chimera clear

Shaper clear 284k tooltip ele/conc combo. No totem, no flask and so on and so on.

Uber Atziri clear

Abyss League

Red Tier Elder clear in Abyss League sitting at 103k tooltip on a 5l without Conc or Ele Focus.

League Deathless Hydra

Uber Lab at 73 in league. Non-league start.

A Quick look at cyclone dmg
Spoiler
In H/O
With Ele Focus/Conc~Totem~Hatred~Flasks
Without Bloodrage, Killed recently, frenzy charges.

Totem and Hatred only

Hypo/Maim setup

With Totem and Hatred only
Without Frenzy charges, chilled bonus for hypo, bloodrage, killed recently and flasks.

The Story

I had the idea for this build after playing several of the popular cyclone builds in 3.0 Harbinger(mainly Ngamahu's flame/Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone) and seeing what I liked and disliked about them. The Ngamahu's flame builds, while quite strong, didn't really feel like a 'cyclone' build but more of a magma ball build. Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone build was my favorite before this one and I actually have no dislikes. After playing a physical build for so long I wanted to have a similar hard hitting build but having as close to 100% elemental damage as I could manage.

After looking at all the different options and passives easily gotten on routes I wanted to take, I settled on cold damage. The idea of Cycloning through a pack and watching them shatter to dust as I passed sounded pretty fun so I started building upon that idea.

3.1 Shaper - T16 - Uber Lab - Norm Atziri and Uber Atziri - Red/Yellow/White Tier Elders - Every Lich have been cleared so far.

I will eventually do Hall of Grandmasters and Uber Elder but they are not high on my list of things to do.

Pro's & Con's

+ Fast clear speed.
+ Easy League start and scales well as you gain currency.
+ Cyclone kills as you move, no stopping.
+ Frozen things can't hit you.
+ Melee build, see their frozen faces before they shatter.
+ Immune to Stun and Bleed.
+ 3c budget gets you farming maps.
+ No mirror tier or Headhunter required.
+ No corpses left behind to be raised/detonated.
+ Insane leech with VP and Slayer Ascendancy.

- Melee build, gotta get up close and personal
- Min/max End game items will be expensive but not unobtainable.
- Requires one specific unique which makes SSF hard to go full cold.
- Not a face tank build, requires dodging mechanics(a pro me personally)

Playstyle
Spoiler
Zone into map, hit a quick silver flask then spin to win anytime a pack is near. Elemental reflect is no longer a thing we need to worry about so makes it even easier.

With bosses, drop totem and use flasks+vaal haste when you can. As usual with Cyclone make sure to not lock yourself into the animation when a boss does something particularly nasty. When they do something nasty, LEAP you fool! Then leap back to get Fortify. If you are a try hard you can leap to try and maintain Fortify.

The Gears

These gloves are the only core item in the build. Everything else can be purchased once you have enough currency. They aren't super rare drops so it isn't impossible for a SSF character to get 90% cold conversion and even without them you'll still do great damage.

The following is the gear I use on my Slayer Bleeds_for_all to clear t16/Shaper/Uber Atziri/Red Tier Elder and general mapping.
Spoiler

One Disfavour is for clearing maps with Hypo and second is for destroying bosses with Ele focus/conc effect.

If a map has a Vuln or Temp chains I swap the quick silver flasks.

3.2 Pokemon League gear
Beast crafted a Headhunter early league so used more currency than normal! Worth it for a perfect disfavour corrupted to 30 quality.
Spoiler

3.3 Current Incursion League gear
Total currency used about 5ex.
Spoiler

Other Gear Options
Spoiler

These are some of the various weapons I used leveling up in 3.1. Really you just need a high physical damage 2hander preferably with good attack speed. I am a axe guy so I choose axes but before taking any of the axe specific nodes swords are just as good. Terminus est is something I always get when leveling up. Kondo's will carry you into end game.

Disfavour is the end axe for this build because you can't do elemental damage with Starforge and the range/+ support gem levels are just strong. In 3.1 the new Shaped/Elder items may edge out Disfavour but it will be VERY hard to beat Disfavour and a shaped/elder axe that is better than Disfavour will be extremely expensive.

I have played with voidforge and it does work just fine but I feel that a build less focused on boosting a single elemental type would be better suited. I know Mathial did a voidforge raider and that tree can easily be a slayer start for those interested.

All of these chests are great and fill different needs. Belly/Kaoms are if you want to be tankier and Bronn's for good clear speed an damage. I personally go back and forth between Bronn's and Carcass Jack for maps. Queen of the forest could be used if you want to be just silly fast but would require abit of rework to get the maximum effect out of it. Shroud of the Lightless and Loreweave are also great choices once you can afford them.

Again, all personal choice for helms. I perfer devoto's but for pure damage Abyssus wins out.
Rat's nest and Starkonja's are also good options.

Darkray Vectors can be pretty amazing for this build giving damage, attack speed and more movement speed than any others because of 5 frenzy charges before corruptions just equipping these. However, while vectors are more damage, a well rolled pair of rare boots are my personal choice. Rare boots give us life, resistances and constant move speed increase without having to keep up frenzy charges.

Daresso's Salute gives pretty much everything a cyclone build could want and was my personal choice in 3.0. The Pandemonius has been buffed in 3.1(See 3.1 changes spoiler at top of guide) and I believe that it is now the equal if not better than Daresso's for mapping.

With my own testing t16/Shaper are not chilled/frozen enough for Pandemonius to win out over Daresso's. Normal Atziri was chilled almost the entire fight but I have yet to test her on Uber. Ideally for bosses you would use Conc/Ele Focus setup and Daresso's for max damage.

If for some reason Pandemonius is overly expensive, The Halcyon is the base version and can be upgraded later into the Pandemonius with the Blessing of Tul.

For leveling first thing I go for is Carnage Heart. Lots of stats to help with int management, %resist all, 35% damage while leeching and 50% increased life leeched per second. The last two are bonuses, the main thing I look for are stats/all resist. Pretty much everything we could want while working towards end goal gear and relatively cheap.

Before you can afford Carnage Heart I get an amulet with high Int and hopefully some resists. An open prefix to craft life on is also nice!

A Bisco's can also be used if you want without hurting your damage that much. Will just need to balance resistances accordingly.

Belt of the Deceiver on paper more damage than a rare belt but this build uses a lot of uniques at the end already making it hard to balance resists. If you can work it in Belt of the Deceiver is a fantastic choice and what I recommend for leveling. A cold version of Doryani's invitation is also pretty good but not as good as deceiver which is already pretty cheap.

For rare belts Resists > Life > WED. Cap(overcap for ele weakness maps) resists first then get others second.

Abyss league Stygian Vise
These are some that I've kept and used in Abyss league.

Rings

This is where you will fill whatever you are lacking resist/stat wise. I chaos spammed into the two opal rings shown in current gear spoiler but any rings will do. There are some unique rings that are pretty good such as: Le Heup of All, Berek's Grip, Tasalio's Sign.

Damage wise The Taming wins out but is pretty expensive so I honestly don't include it. Also the fact that gaurdians/Shaper/Atziri aren't reliably getting shocked/chilled/frozen/ignited brings it down more. This build doesn't need more mapping damage and definitely not at the high price only to lose +life when a half decent opal ring does the job fine.

While leveling pick up every two-stone ring you find and throw alchemy orbs at them. If they roll shit hang onto them and vendor them for a Prismatic ring when you have 3 of each two-stone. If you're lucky the rare Prismatic you get back could be good.

Here are some examples of me doing this in Abyss league.

I look for resists or maximum life first. If it has Life and one resist roll with an open suffix you're good to go. Also 2 good resists rolls(t3-t1) and a open prefix and you're good to go.

Flat physical > flat elemental

Flat physical or WED are about equal at the same tier rolls. EG: T2 Flat Phys = T2 WED.

Jewels
Spoiler
Pre 3.1 standard melee jewel: %Life > Attack speed > Damage such as these below

Abyss league has changed things abit. There are some pretty strong combinations that math out to be stronger. Some that I've gotten so far...

These pretty random but using https://poecraft.com/jewels you can see how crazy they could get. Like these for example

This build paths by a max of 7 jewel slots if we wanted them all. Seven 20% increased damage jewels or Seven 2% ele pen. Pretty fun combinations! Not to mention you could have 280% increased damage to Abyssal monsters AND 140% increased damage. Sounds good to me!

Watcher's Eyes are also a thing now! Using a watcher's eye with physical damage converted to cold damage while effected by hatred will free up our glove slot for more interesting options.

My personal choice is Tombfist for the bonus damage with intimidate. Loads of good options out there and a well rolled pair of rare gloves would also be great.

Enchants/Corruptions
Spoiler
Helm: Cyclone attack speed - Cyclone Damage - Ancestral Protector added attack speed or Ancestral Warchief added damage - Frostbite increased effect

I prefer a Cyclone specific one because it doesn't require me to drop a totem all the time. Totem/Frostbite are about equal. Frostbite probably best all around for leveling with Cyclone Attack Speed - Damage the end goal.

If you use a watcher's eye to achieve 100% cold conversion, Frostbite enchant will beat out a cyclone enchtn.

Weapon: +2 Range corruption

Gloves: +1 socketed gems corruption for aura setup or Commandment of Force.

Boots: Attack speed if killed recently is the best Lab enchant for 99% of things. Any boss that doesn't pop adds out enough you can use a Writhing Jar.

+1 Max frenzy corruption best over all but requires keeping up frenzy charges.

Amulet: Additional Curse corruption. Used with either enfeeble for damage reduction or Ele weakness/Punishment for more damage.

Leveling Unique Suggestions
Spoiler
Aside from the typical leveling uniques such as Tanula, Goldrim, Limbsplit, Wideswing.. these are what I recommend getting.

Best leveling weapons for the money. Kondo's will be with you until Disfavour barring any crazy rare weapon drops. Only downside is having to regret sword node points later on.

Hrimsorrow key part of the build and belt of the deceiver fantastic belt. Both usable at low levels and will stay with you into end game. When you get the currency you can buy the prophecy to turn your pair Hrimsorrow into Hrimburn.

Great helm and not that pricey if you want to go faster sooner.

First Unique Amulet I buy an stays with me till Pandemonius or Daresso's.

On a budget?

Spoiler
Again the only item 'required' for this build are Hrimsorrow or Hrimburn gloves. Every other slot can be rares and filled out as you earn currency. I only started playing PoE again during Harbinger league after a few years off. Through some minor crafting, a lot of selling random items, and loads of luck, I've been able to buy/find everything needed for this build and more.

The main thing to remember is in almost every case more raw physical damage is better than more elemental. Since we convert 90% of physical to cold and gain EXTRA cold damage based on physical with hatred getting more physical damage goes a long way.

I use this as my league start and with around 7-10c I am breezing through yellow tier maps while saving for bigger purchases.

Skill gems

Spoiler
Cyclone

Standard Mapping:

This setup is what I run while mapping. Most things get frozen and shattered as we pass by and bosses melt.

Four Link:

Five Link adds

Maim more consistent dmg while Dmg on Full higher dmg 90% of the time. If using Kondo's Bleed Support also an option.

If you are having survival issues at all throw in Fortify for any other red support other than Elemental Damage with attacks.

Can use Faster Attacks before Hypo is available or Mana leech if having issues.

Max Freeze:

With this setup 99% of things you hit will freeze and then shatter. Lower damage, not really good for bosses but really fun to map with.

Bossing:

Or

3.1 allowed bosses to be 'frozen' which made Hypothermia usable for a boss setup. I personally do not like having to switch Conc Effect for Increased Area all the time but if you are fine with that the second one will be your main setup.

I have run Guardians and Shaper with the Hypo set up in Standard and while they did 'freeze' it wasn't enough to make it worth it. Elemental Focus setup will still be the best consistent damage for bossing. No chill/freeze required. The issue is it requires recoloring or having a second Disfavour. If you're rolling in the currency a second Disfavour is my choice. I keep the Elemental Focus setup in my back weapon slot and when I get to the boss swap the main mapping setup for it. It burns down a bosses HP pool extremely quick.

Aura's

Simple, straight forward. When you get Enlighten lvl 3 throw it in and be done. Herald of Ice can also be used but Hatred + Frostbite wins out in the end. Enfeeble also useful on bosses and grace as well if you want to take the hit to your damage.

Movement

Nothing new here. If you are Vaal Pact blood magic can still be used or you can put endurance on melee stun in. If you aren't using Vaal Pack using blood magic lets you leap forever.

If you are using Fortify in you Cyclone setup put in Endurance charge on melee stun support.

Totem

This is my typical setup in my chest. When I have a 6 socket 5 link I usually put Portal in the unlinked socket. When I get a 6 link I move in a Vaal Haste.

This setup will allow your totem to be freezing pretty much anything it hits. This has been great for Abyssal Cracks and anything where monsters are pouring out of portals(elder phase 2).

Protector or Warchief is really upto your personal preference. Protector maths out to more damage for you but it's pretty much equal.

CWDT
I've used a lot of different set ups and this is the one I prefer out of them all. Arctic Breath can be really good at spreading chilling ground but the -20 cold resist on frost bomb is useful in almost every situation. Vortex and Shock Nova are also useable. I have used frostbomb - vortex - inc aoe - cwdt setup for bosses and it is very useful for keeping chill up on bosses that don't run around much.

Golems are also good, lightning specifically but at low levels they die and at high levels you have to cast yourself. Also when mapping mobs will avoid you and instead go straight for your golem making you double back to kill them. All of which I hate! So for me personally I choose to go without golem.

Leveling Trees and Such

Levelilng up ~ Ascendancy ~ Bandits
Spoiler
All tree's are 3.1 updated. I will be rerunning 1-85 when I do the budget run to make sure the tree's are appropriate for a league start.

40 points
(Ready to enter Normal Lab)

67 point tree
(Ready to do Cruel Lab)

92 point tree
(Ready to do Merc Lab)
When reaching the node before tireless cluster we can regret out of essence sap to pick up all of the tireless nodes. At this point our leech+tireless reduction will be enough to sustain our mana even while single targeting.

108 point tree

123 points

If all you're doing is plowing t10-t14 maps and don't care about end bosses, this tree is for you!
Speed demon!

Much lower life but max frenzy charges and attack speed for fastest leap slams we can get with Hrimburns. I've been building towards this in Pokemon league and it's been a blast.

Ascendancy
Head towards Brutal Fervour first and then Headsman.

Bandits
Kill them all

Tips for Leveling
Spoiler
Use anything you want until cyclone is available. I use cleave personally but anything works.

Having Spirit void will make Cyclone feel much smoother but cyclone will still DEVOUR your mana early on. If you don't feel like chugging mana flasks using Mana Leech Support will solve it. If you are having mana issues with Hatred/Frosbite using Herald of Ice/Frostbite will leave you with plenty of mana to not run out during single target cycloning. Lower damage but not that big a deal over all.

Later on you will not need Spirit void to sustain mana during single target cyclone. It is just useful for leveling.

Using Brute Force Solution jewel will take care of any Int problems you have while leveling. Placing it in the socket right next to Golem's Blood will give 50 int + whatever is on the jewel.

At lvl 51 I highly recommend picking up Terminus Est. The movement speed alone will make everything just feel better... also it has a ton of raw physical damage.

At lvl 64 you will be able to use Kondo's Pride or Hezmana's Bloodlust. Either of them are fine but Kondo's is better damage wise. Using Hezmana's saves you having to regret points later on.

If you choose Hezmana's you can then regret the Spirit void if you want to free up points.

The first unique I purchase while mapping is a Bronn's Lithe but Carcass Jack is a better choice if you wish to be more defensive. Both are fantastic chests and gives us a nice all around damage boost. These let me focus on the more defensive passives each level while still doing great damage.

Following Bronns I tend to get a Carnage Heart for resists/all stats and then a Devotos. After that it is pretty much save for Disfavour!

Mapping
Spoiler
Cannot Leech Maps are a no-no

Elemental Reflect Maps

Spoiler
As the build is a 90% cold conversion build it means running elemental reflect maps technically isn't doable. However, the only thing making us elemental is a pair of gloves and 2 points. If you are cheap like I am, when I roll a elemental reflect map I just throw it into a tab with any other elemental reflect maps.

When it gets full I..

Regret 2 points
Swap Rings and gloves
Replace Hypothermia with faster attacks/culling/onslaught
Replace EWD with Maim/Ruthless(whichever you aren't using)
Replace Hatred with Haste
Replace Frostbite with Vuln

Profit.

Physical Reflect Maps

3.2 made us immune to physical reflect so everything is fine.

Pantheon
Spoiler
General Mapping
Major: Soul of Lunaris. All of the additional mods are great to have when mapping.
Minor: Soul of Ralakesh, Soul of Abberath, Soul of Garukhan are all good for mapping. For Lab runs Soul of Ryslatha.

Bossing
Major: Soul of Solaris. All of the additional mods are good for fighting bosses.
Minor: Soul of Garukhan, Soul of Yugul(with Asphyxia) for fights with cold damage, Soul of Abberath for fights with fire damage, Soul of Gruthkul(with Legius Garhall) for physical damage bosses.

Last edited by Muirey on Dec 8, 2018, 10:20:21 AM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 8:36:31 PM
Change log

Spoiler
1/14
Fleshed out main guide
2/25
Uber Atziri clear image added.
2/28
Archived 3.1 Changes and Abyss league specific content.

Coming Soon

Budget run with details and total budget at each Lab interval.
HOGM clear.
Last edited by Muirey on Feb 28, 2018, 9:05:41 AM
Guide Archives

Spoiler
3.1 Changes
Spoiler
The Good

Spoiler
The following unique monsters are no longer Immune to Freeze, and instead have a minimum action speed that they will be set to if they are frozen: The Shaper, Guardian of the Chimera, Guardian of the Minotaur, Guardian of the Hydra, Guardian of the Phoenix, Vision of Justice, The Goddess, Argus, Abaxoth, the End of All That Is, Haast, Unrelenting Frost, Atziri, Queen of the Vaal, Vessel of the Vaal, Atziri's Devoted, K'aj A'alai, K'aj Y'ara'az, K'aj Q'ura, A'alai, Y'ara'az, Q'ura, Tormented Temptress.
More to freeze! Hooray cold builds! Pretty huge change for a cold based build such as this. This means that guardians and bosses will not only attack slower BUT more importantly count as chilled/frozen. That will make certain items(Hypothermia and possibly The Pandemonius) actually usable for bosses.

Spoiler
The Pandemonius: The chilling effect now slows enemies by 30% when you are hit (up from 10%). These changes affect all versions of the item.
This change and the above change I listed puts The Pandemonius amulet above Daresso's Salute on paper. With us not having 'instant' leech anymore we won't always be considered full life meaning we will have moments where we miss out on the bonus damage of Daresso's. The Pandemonius however doesn't care about that and gives us more cold pen, more cold damage and the bonus of blinding chilled enemies. ALL. THE. TIME. With this change The Pandemonius will now slow anything that hits us even more than before.

With Slayer Overleech helping us keep up the Daresso bonus almost all the time it's a toss up which is better. If you can keep a target chilled/frozen 99% of the time Pandemonius wins out. If you cannot then Daresso's is the clear winner. The 6l setup I recommend for t16 and higher bosses uses Conc Effect/Elemental Focus which cuts out cyclones ability to chill. If using that setup and not some other source of chill, like CWDT vortex, then Daresso's is the better choice.

Spoiler
Monster mods "Reflects Physical Damage" and "Reflects Elemental Damage" have been reworked. They now appear as Nemesis mods. Attacking a monster with Physical or Elemental Reflect now triggers a mortar spell targeted at your location. This spell has a cooldown.

Both versions of Reflect now only appear on Nemesis rare monsters.
Reflect hadn't been an issue in 3.0 but we had Instant leech. Still isn't an issue in 3.1 with new VP.

Spoiler
Infested monsters that can spawn parasites when slain now grant increased experience and drops when shattered or exploded, to compensate for them not releasing their parasites on death.

Shield Crabs now give additional experience if destroyed before they would unleash their final form.

Crimson Scholars also give additional experience if shattered.
Not losing out on loot and xp is nice!

Spoiler
Pantheon
The map bosses you are required to defeat to upgrade your Pantheon have, for the most part, changed.
Shakari has been added to the Pantheon.

What you say?

Sooo, what does this mean for this build? We are already immune to bleed/stun while leeching and if we use this minor god with the secondary effect we'll have poison immunity as well. Not a huge thing but does cut out another incoming source of damage.

Any reduced Chaos damage as well AND less caustic cloud damage is also welcome.

The bad(?)

Spoiler
Vaal Pact has been significantly reworked. It no longer grants instantaneous Life Leech, and instead doubles the rate of your Life Leech as well as your maximum Leech rate. It has been moved into the Duelist's area.
Anyone who has been paying attention had already heard about the VP changes, so this isn't a surprise.

What does this mean for this build? Means we get to use VP! Pre 3.1 I hadn't been using VP for the slayer version of this build because it was so far away and not worth getting. Now it's right along the path we take and compliments Slayer Ascendancy quite well!

Spoiler
Cyclone can no longer be supported by Ruthless Support.
This was leaked awhile ago on reddit but we didn't know for sure until official patch notes. R.I.P Ruthless! Thankfully maim is just as good. Not huge but we do lose a bit of damage.

Abyss League Tweaks/Tips
Spoiler

These belts tend to run a few Chaos and will give nearly 100% uptime on fortify while clearing maps. Very very nice defensive boost for doing what we normally do. Now well rolled ones are getting expensive but you can still find some for cheap.

Elder weapons offer a lot of nice bonuses before you can afford a Disfavour. Endurance charge works with cyclone, generating charges as you're killing packs and the % Blind keeps bosses blind almost the entire fight. An axe with Fortify really boosts how tanky you are without having to sacrifice any damage supports.

For Abyss rifts I highly recommend this setup for either Warchief or Protector.

Throw it down right on the edge of the big opening and it will freeze everything that comes out. Preventing them from doing their big nukes. If using Disfavour we will be applying bleed to boost totems damage. If using something other than that any phys support will be good, inc duration for longer uptime or blood magic so throwing down a totem doesn't hurt your mana for cycloning.

Last edited by Muirey on Feb 28, 2018, 9:07:45 AM
This is my build so far, can i take out the hrim gloves and use
and still be super effective. I mainly just speed clear maps atm.
"
Completed 10 Challengesfleshpuppet wrote:
Spoiler

Throwing your character into PoB, swapping the gloves and putting in a decent searching eye and just adding a second enthralling edge drops your dps by 83k. From 786k with Hrimburn and no intimidate check, to 703k with tombfist, the two abyss jewels shown in PoB and intimidate checked.

https://pastebin.com/mx95sycN

You would gain 200 hp and 0.2 attack rate with tombfist but unless you really want to wear them for reasons, it's just less dps for more work. You'd also go from doing 90% cold 10% phys to 40% cold 60% phys. Makes things like cold pen from Watchers Eye, passive tree and frostbite much less effective.

That aside, everything else looks fine. My only suggestion would be Brute Force Solution down by Golem's blood to free up the one point in Wisdom of the Glade. Would also allow you to use more dps focused rings and craft Fire Resistance on your boots which would put you over Ele weakness cap.
"
Completed 9 ChallengesMuirey wrote:
"
Completed 10 Challengesfleshpuppet wrote:
Spoiler

Throwing your character into PoB, swapping the gloves and putting in a decent searching eye and just adding a second enthralling edge drops your dps by 83k. From 786k with Hrimburn and no intimidate check, to 703k with tombfist, the two abyss jewels shown in PoB and intimidate checked.

https://pastebin.com/mx95sycN

You would gain 200 hp and 0.2 attack rate with tombfist but unless you really want to wear them for reasons, it's just less dps for more work. You'd also go from doing 90% cold 10% phys to 40% cold 60% phys. Makes things like cold pen from Watchers Eye, passive tree and frostbite much less effective.

That aside, everything else looks fine. My only suggestion would be Brute Force Solution down by Golem's blood to free up the one point in Wisdom of the Glade. Would also allow you to use more dps focused rings and craft Fire Resistance on your boots which would put you over Ele weakness cap.

Much appreciated for the advice. I put in brute force and will be adding better rings. Used these rings for the purpose of intel. Ill stick with the hrimburn gloves. Ill be using a carcass jack once i hit a few more lvls and no longer care if I die much. By far the funnest build ive played this league.
Glad to here!

I may be a bit partial to it because I made it but I really enjoy it as well. I've been running many different versions of it because of questions I get if it works with insert ascendancy here and even then I've still been having a lot of fun with it.
Hello,

Starting this build cause i loved my last cyclone build.

Where should i focus on the tree while levelling ?
Should i go all the way to herbalism and then to the left upper part ?
"
gargantua0 wrote:
Hello,

Starting this build cause i loved my last cyclone build.

Where should i focus on the tree while levelling ?
Should i go all the way to herbalism and then to the left upper part ?

Yes, just skip Vp until later. I level by heading towards herbalism picking up the life/mana leech along the way. Druidic rite and quick step I don’t take till very late but if you want them early it’s fine. After filling out the right I get the bottom nodes, wrecking ball and hematophagy, for some damage/leech and then start the trip to RT.

Today I finally have time to sit down and flesh out this guide so I will have leveling trees up later today.
nice of you =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info