devmoon's | Armor & Evasion - Shield Duelist V 2.0

what are your thoughts on using dominating blow with culling strike+item rarity+item quantity?
i think it would be great for last hitting rares with and things like alchemists
can you post gear? thx
Hi Devmoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post this build, I am trying it out now, and so far it has been very fun.

I have two questions for you regarding your skill tree

1) I notice a lot of places in your skill tree you select +% attack speed increase nodes - both as the sole attribute, but also often in conjunction with other damage attributes. What are your thoughts on possibly skipping the attack speed nodes and perhaps favour more straight up +% physical damage nodes instead? Wouldn't the slightly slower attack speed vastly improve your mana economy? Would this outweigh any possible disadvantages?

2) If you had to change your build to include the movement modifier nodes such as Armour Master and Celerity, what would you sacrifice in order to free up points for reaching these nodes?

Regards,
Jogar
"
Jogar wrote:
Hi Devmoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post this build, I am trying it out now, and so far it has been very fun.

I have two questions for you regarding your skill tree

1) I notice a lot of places in your skill tree you select +% attack speed increase nodes - both as the sole attribute, but also often in conjunction with other damage attributes. What are your thoughts on possibly skipping the attack speed nodes and perhaps favour more straight up +% physical damage nodes instead? Wouldn't the slightly slower attack speed vastly improve your mana economy? Would this outweigh any possible disadvantages?

2) If you had to change your build to include the movement modifier nodes such as Armour Master and Celerity, what would you sacrifice in order to free up points for reaching these nodes?

Regards,
Jogar

I will post more details : )

1) There is no only attack speed nodes (the 30 dex +4% as) is actually a mistake in the 85 tree, the progression updates is more accurate because that is exactly what I am using on my duelist.

I go for as much damage as I can without sacrificing points for dex/str nodes, the left side cruel blade is extremely strong but also 7 skill points.

2) I feel that movement is not that important with using flicker strikes in battle and quicksilver flasks outside but if you cannot get a pair of boots with at least 20+ movement speed you should get some of them.
"
mariox1011 wrote:
what are your thoughts on using dominating blow with culling strike+item rarity+item quantity?
i think it would be great for last hitting rares with and things like alchemists

The only reason I can give is that I hate minions : ) and this character is based on taking a beating from everything
I was under the impression that shield builds kind of need Unwavering Stance or a "cannot be stunned" mod otherwise the shield block animation can stun-lock you.

Was that hyperbole? How do you get around it?
"
schisist wrote:
I was under the impression that shield builds kind of need Unwavering Stance or a "cannot be stunned" mod otherwise the shield block animation can stun-lock you.

The Block animation plays only if the blocked attack would have dealt enough damage to stun you, it's not played every time. As long as there is enough block recovery (like +120% from a round shield) this should not be an issue.

-Ropetus
Author of Build of the Week #11: PalavaKostaja - Righteous Fire Marauder
"
schisist wrote:

Evasion always rolls before shield block so with decent evade chance% you do not get perma stunned.

What stats are you looking for on your gear? I'm just starting and dont rlly know what gear to pick up :(
I'm very curious about which shield you're planning on using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info