*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
Mooginator wrote:
Do Abyss Jewels that have X% more DOT while using 2-handed weapon work with this Bow build?

yes.

you can get accuracy on jewels, on helmet and on quiver. on tree, art of the gladiator, finesses and a small point before deadly draw give 50% inc acc comined which should be enough.
Hello everyone!
I thank OP for the nice build he has made and for the suggestion he gave me few days ago - and well, for a nice bow/ES jewel he sold to me :)
I really like this build but because I'm missing so much ES character, and having a nice watcher eye jewel, I went for volkuur's poison ES build!
you can check VelenoDiMystra in my character list to see my current equip.
After looking at several ascendancy possibilities, I settled to Trickster. Occultist would be awesome too, but I would miss some ES: Trickster 250 ES bonus is soo juicy.
Plus, it has several mechanism for boosting DoT damage that work so nicely with that build. Finally, with my watcher eye jewel giving bonuses on discipline/grace, I find Trickster the best ascendancy for ES/evasion characters.
So, what are the changes w.r.t. OP build?
- Eber unification is a BIS item for helmet - it gives good (but not awesome) ES, but above all it gives 18% more damage. I will miss forever a +1 barrage enchant, but anyway: the only alternative to Eber unification would be a ES base enchanted with +1 barrage and crafted to get a lot of ES, and still I think Eber damage would be superior, especially against guardians/shaper which has good chaos res.
- As quiver we need Soul Strike for ES bonus - it gives also chaos dmg to attacks and attack speed, so it is a nice quiver overall.
- We give up thief's torment ring, as we do not need to leech life anymore, as we go full ES - instead, I think that " +ES gained on hit while affected by discipline" wather eye mod is mandatory. I used several divine to get +27 ES per hit, and this gives me a nice leech, not so strong as the one from thief ring, but compared with the evasion bonus we get, I think it is more than enough to keep us alive and safe, as long as we hit ;)
- This add the nice side effect of having 2 ring slot to be properly used, filling them with resistances, lightning damage, ES...
...but it add the issue of mana leech! Well, I bought a +3 mana on hit elder ring, a +2 mana on hit jewel, coupled with +2 hit of quill rain, it seems to be more than enough WHILE ACTUALLY HITTING - it is so easy to get out of mana if you fire arrows to anything but monsters :D
- going ES gives us the possibility of reserving almost all mana. I went for discipline( mandatory) and grace ( optional) plus despair that has 0% mana reservation thanks to impresence amulet (very nice for mapping, but missing ES with it...). My watcher eye gives 13% movement speed while on grace aura, and we all know how important movement speed is on a ranged character that can use only blink arrow as movement skill. Another possibility would be to give up grace and to take second curse - temporal chain would be awesome as boosting both defense and offense.
- I went for darkness enthroned belt, to get as much bonus as I can - putting on it 2 jewels with 35 ES / 10 all resistances / T2 lightning dmg means that I get a final belt of:
105 ES / 30 fire 30 cold 30 lightning res / 2x T2 lightning added damage.
I think this belt can be compared to a very costly stygian wise + jewel.
- Use dendrobate as it give so nice bonuses and still some ES and some evasion.
-On boots try to get some resistances and as much as ES you can.
-ES is not so great - I think I will end up to 6k ES, that can be compared to the 4k life got by OP, or could be better or worse w.r.t the encounter. I cannot recover ES with a flask, but I have +50% ehp w.r.t OP, and I can leech ehp almost as he does - so I think it is a good compromise.
- we miss some %chance to poison so we spend a couple of points on it on the tree.
- my tree (I will post it tomorrow) results being less sparse than the life counterpart, so I can put more %increased ES than the %increased life that used the OP
- I miss accuracy on helmet ad quiver, so I definitely need accuracy on both rings. I still need to find/craft the best rings for this.
- damage wise, my setup *could* be more powerful than OP - I have 6 frenzy charges 4 power charges, this gives me +50% inc damage on poison and +24% more damage by frenzy charges, plus 30% inc damage on poison from another ascendancy node. Plus, I remove 10% of chaos res from enemies, and I add 8% of elemental damage to chaos - the chaos penetration is especially useful against bosses that will not go to 0 chaos res thanks to reduced curse effectiveness.
- as flask, I have several options - I can go full glass cannon with atziri+dying sun+onslaught, or put an evasion flask to reach about 50% chance to evade, adding the needed bleed removal on it or on onslaught flask.

I will add some videos in the next days when I'll reach level 90 and I'll try some guardians - now I'm still in the process of levelling and 6-linking the body armour :) I hope my final build with be as strong as the one from OP, that I thank again for the suggestions!

Spoiler
"
engharat wrote:
Hello everyone!
I thank OP for the nice build he has made and for the suggestion he gave me few days ago - and well, for a nice bow/ES jewel he sold to me :)
I really like this build but because I'm missing so much ES character, and having a nice watcher eye jewel, I went for volkuur's poison ES build!
you can check VelenoDiMystra in my character list to see my current equip.
After looking at several ascendancy possibilities, I settled to Trickster. Occultist would be awesome too, but I would miss some ES: Trickster 250 ES bonus is soo juicy.
Plus, it has several mechanism for boosting DoT damage that work so nicely with that build. Finally, with my watcher eye jewel giving bonuses on discipline/grace, I find Trickster the best ascendancy for ES/evasion characters.
So, what are the changes w.r.t. OP build?
- Eber unification is a BIS item for helmet - it gives good (but not awesome) ES, but above all it gives 18% more damage. I will miss forever a +1 barrage enchant, but anyway: the only alternative to Eber unification would be a ES base enchanted with +1 barrage and crafted to get a lot of ES, and still I think Eber damage would be superior, especially against guardians/shaper which has good chaos res.
- As quiver we need Soul Strike for ES bonus - it gives also chaos dmg to attacks and attack speed, so it is a nice quiver overall.
- We give up thief's torment ring, as we do not need to leech life anymore, as we go full ES - instead, I think that " +ES gained on hit while affected by discipline" wather eye mod is mandatory. I used several divine to get +27 ES per hit, and this gives me a nice leech, not so strong as the one from thief ring, but compared with the evasion bonus we get, I think it is more than enough to keep us alive and safe, as long as we hit ;)
- This add the nice side effect of having 2 ring slot to be properly used, filling them with resistances, lightning damage, ES...
...but it add the issue of mana leech! Well, I bought a +3 mana on hit elder ring, a +2 mana on hit jewel, coupled with +2 hit of quill rain, it seems to be more than enough WHILE ACTUALLY HITTING - it is so easy to get out of mana if you fire arrows to anything but monsters :D
- going ES gives us the possibility of reserving almost all mana. I went for discipline( mandatory) and grace ( optional) plus despair that has 0% mana reservation thanks to impresence amulet (very nice for mapping, but missing ES with it...). My watcher eye gives 13% movement speed while on grace aura, and we all know how important movement speed is on a ranged character that can use only blink arrow as movement skill. Another possibility would be to give up grace and to take second curse - temporal chain would be awesome as boosting both defense and offense.
- I went for darkness enthroned belt, to get as much bonus as I can - putting on it 2 jewels with 35 ES / 10 all resistances / T2 lightning dmg means that I get a final belt of:
105 ES / 30 fire 30 cold 30 lightning res / 2x T2 lightning added damage.
I think this belt can be compared to a very costly stygian wise + jewel.
- Use dendrobate as it give so nice bonuses and still some ES and some evasion.
-On boots try to get some resistances and as much as ES you can.
-ES is not so great - I think I will end up to 6k ES, that can be compared to the 4k life got by OP, or could be better or worse w.r.t the encounter. I cannot recover ES with a flask, but I have +50% ehp w.r.t OP, and I can leech ehp almost as he does - so I think it is a good compromise.
- we miss some %chance to poison so we spend a couple of points on it on the tree.
- my tree (I will post it tomorrow) results being less sparse than the life counterpart, so I can put more %increased ES than the %increased life that used the OP
- I miss accuracy on helmet ad quiver, so I definitely need accuracy on both rings. I still need to find/craft the best rings for this.
- damage wise, my setup *could* be more powerful than OP - I have 6 frenzy charges 4 power charges, this gives me +50% inc damage on poison and +24% more damage by frenzy charges, plus 30% inc damage on poison from another ascendancy node. Plus, I remove 10% of chaos res from enemies, and I add 8% of elemental damage to chaos - the chaos penetration is especially useful against bosses that will not go to 0 chaos res thanks to reduced curse effectiveness.
- as flask, I have several options - I can go full glass cannon with atziri+dying sun+onslaught, or put an evasion flask to reach about 50% chance to evade, adding the needed bleed removal on it or on onslaught flask.

I will add some videos in the next days when I'll reach level 90 and I'll try some guardians - now I'm still in the process of levelling and 6-linking the body armour :) I hope my final build with be as strong as the one from OP, that I thank again for the suggestions!

looks interesting, but for bosses the power/frenzy charges wont be up for u though, if u not using wrath and vintkar then maybe fire version is better (jewels cheaper, 5 points to get the burning damage at top left)
Loving the build so far, sitting at around 3M fully buffed trash DPS. Still need to pick up 2 more sockets to add the final T1/T1 lightning jewels, then it's just some life remaining.

Any obvious improvements I could still make to this?
thanks for all your input! i'm interested to see how the es build works out- videos or PoB link would be awesome!
what are you going to do about stuns/freezes/bleeding as ci?

rave, your items look rock-solid. i cant think about obvious improvement.
however, there is always room to improve jewels. got 2xt1 rolls complete? how about 8% inc attack speed if you've crit recently on those double t1 jewels? :D over 6-7 jewel slots, thats ~50% inc as, lot of dmg.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Jan 12, 2018, 1:35:02 PM
I am really enjoying this build. It has been a lot of fun.

One question, I am getting better "poisonable damage" using overflowing chalice instead of atziri's promise. By quite a bit actually. Am I missing something?

I am only level 70 with 37-495 lightning damage, but the increase to the lightning damage using overflowing chalice is much higher then the added chaos damage using atziri's. Because both of these sources can poison I am not seeing why atziri's is better. Or does it get better later as I get more base damage?

Thanks!
"
Schlumungus wrote:
I am really enjoying this build. It has been a lot of fun.

One question, I am getting better "poisonable damage" using overflowing chalice instead of atziri's promise. By quite a bit actually. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

atziri's promise is decent but you have to keep in mind that ele overload and ele dmg with attacks will only affect poison dmg inflicted by flat lightning, and not poison damage inflicted by flat chaos damage( like atziri's promise).
Damn this build looks pretty lit. One question: How far will I come with 6L QR and 5L Dendro only?
ign: PhrozenFlame
you can always equip barrage as 6l and clearing setup as 5l. you should be able to do all content. the clear might lack a bit compared to 6l setup.
so im slowly lvling the char here, damage is great so far, but theres one problem with MoM
when i get hit by a rare or map boss, i lose ALL remaining mana then i have no mana to blink arrow out or barrage etc to regain mana, result in dying. every abyss crack has been dangerous cos all the rares can invisible/barrow and hit me then im out of mana, some map bosses do the same thing with tele or leaping on me etc (t12 zana gorge map twin bosses lols end up giving up)
any suggestions here? i actually dont even use wrath anymore to have full mana bar....
@80 i have 3.8k life and 900 mana, probably can get another 600-800 life when im lv 90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info