The Design and Development of the 3.1.0 Gems

I'm glad when i see new gem that change the gameplay style. But i hope for the next patch to have some revamp for old unused skill like Rain of arrow, cleave, dual strike etc etc
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

I actualy see my self play more diablo 2 again. And i dare the Poe crew to do the same, just make a character there, play it to hell, and get remindet. We dont whant Life ping pong, we dont whant one click screen killers, we dont whant bosses, that oneshoot you with almost every skill.

We whant rare enemys that matter again, we whant fights, that we need to fear, and sometimes even need to flee.
YOu have so mutch different encounters in d2 and even some white mobs that are scarry as hell:
Stygians: DOnt kill them in melee range or you suffer alot or fatal damage
Moon clan: there heavy two handed axe swings lay waste, and they still stand tall, even when other foes long perrished
only to name some.

Dont get me wrong, i love poe, and still will continue to support it. You have created the most complex Arpg in modern times, completly free, and for that you all need to be honourd.
But still the game needs an back to the roots overhault.

And one thing i always need to mention: the life ping pong needs to stop: reduce monsterdamge, but DRASTICALY remove, slow down and rework any kind of regeneration. Take a look at the little game vagante: You start with a hundret+ life, and can get more, enemys do like 5 damage, so no big deal when you get hit. But heal? 10-20 when you end a level, sometimes a heal potion, that heals 10.
That "Oh, you dare to hit me with that puny attack" fast becomes: "o shit, nono, dont touch me, nononono!!!" Its thrilling, life becomes a resource. In poe, life is a sponge. It sucks up all the little damage with ease, removes any meaning from white, blue and rare mobs hits....until one comes with a swimmingpool full of damage.

+1
Life rant mostly
Can you also explain the rationale behind the +1 range to Static Strike?
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Can you also explain the rationale behind the +1 range to Static Strike?

In order to proc the delayed explosion, you need to hit sth (In contrast to lightning strike, those projectiles always go out). So it becomes a better and more usable skill if you can proc the explosion easier.
"
invalidated the roles of Sweep and Infernal Blow

That ship has sailed long time ago.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Cool
the "melee" totem was to give melee players a new way to play huh? a new way...like not playing melee? like all the other non melee/"melee" stuff they keep trying to force feed melee players?

sweep and infernal blow invalidated? wait they were valid to begin with?

the "Riddle of Melee" still got you all stumped?

LOOK JIMMY...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!! THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut because his armor and evasion both failed...again) the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...can you seem them Jimmy? the eagles...

Little did he know the eagles were actually moderately over-sized pigeons and Jimmy was nothing more than a stick with some leaves on it that he picked up along his journey
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
you forgot to mention your biggest gems of all time so far the huge lag spikes, the huge fps drops, bad optimization if not the worst optimization in all the games i've played. login errors, disconnected from the server for no freaking reason.... And i could go on like this for a whole day.... AND BEFORE YOU EVEN SAY SOMETHING ABOUT MY PC OR INTERNET.... 60 mbs download 50mbs upload..... octa core 4.0 ghz, 32 gb of ram ddr4, 1 radeon r9 4gb gddr5 and game installed on ssd... NOW ALL I CAN SAY. FIX THIS SHIT.
"
BlackReaper06 wrote:
you forgot to mention your biggest gems of all time so far the huge lag spikes, the huge fps drops, bad optimization if not the worst optimization in all the games i've played. login errors, disconnected from the server for no freaking reason.... And i could go on like this for a whole day.... AND BEFORE YOU EVEN SAY SOMETHING ABOUT MY PC OR INTERNET.... 60 mbs download 50mbs upload..... octa core 4.0 ghz, 32 gb of ram ddr4, 1 radeon r9 4gb gddr5 and game installed on ssd... NOW ALL I CAN SAY. FIX THIS SHIT.

Did you just say Radeon ? There is your problem right there .
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

I must agree, volatile dead deals far to mutch damage.

A skill that deals on lvl 20:
-2005 basedamage
-targeting range of two screens
-minimum hit of 3 to unlimitit targets
-damage effectiveness of 360%
-0,8s casttime

meanwhile hegemonys era, the best staff ur ever gonna get your hands on = 480 base damage

sweep 138% damage effectiveness at lvl20

but you know, like they said, theyre unhappy with how strong heges staff is, thats why its worth 1 chaos and virtually no ones playing it despite it being lightyears beyond any rare staff that me or anyone I know has ever found after playing over 10k hours of the game.

This from the devs who apparently care about their game and invalidation of options via comparative choices...

Post path of nerfs where they address things like QotF having a bit too much evasion and how it needs dealt with for the health of the game. Proceed to release potential for 9 link hats that insanely buff some of the most already overpowered boss deleting builds in the game and offhand weapons that give you 3 free damage auras worth of phys as extra ele in the same patch. Nerf barrage enchant, much needed but how did that enchant ever get added in the first place and why did it exist for so long? and then release a VD enchant that eclipses how stupid the barrage enchant was in the same patch, an enchant that was so embarrassingly misjudged they had to pretend it was a bug and remove it from the game costing whoever the poor people who bought it were 10 exalts a pop in the second week of the league.

The team who cares about protecting sweeps role in the game vs other skills for 2h physical left side melee, but dont give a shit at all that 2h physical left side melees role in the game vs other build archetypes has been in the toilet for years. Its like they care enough to make grandad a plate of christmas dinner but dont care enough to notice hes been dead for 3 years and theyre putting a plate of hot food in front of a cold rotting corpse.

This is where we are at.

Heres an idea GGG, how about you take 2h melee, the builds that have less defence than shield using characters and have to take more risks than ranged characters, and make them the biggest damage dealing characters in the game? You know, the big 6 foot 5 muscle bound barbarians that have the massive insane weapons, how about they do the most damage? Not just outlying cases, the average physical 2h melee build that isnt offscreening mobs with kinetic blast, how about they do significantly more damage than the average caster, summoner, kinetic blaster, tornado shotter etc (that can hit 6x as many mobs at once than the melee can) so that they have a solid role in the wider game and it feels exciting to play them?

Perhaps just put on hold these dreams you have about infernal blow even existing in the game for 5 minutes and actually address the reality of the game that us the players are actually existing in? the games balance right now is about at thought out and coordinated as a drunk stumble through a pitch black forest and you guys are busy making sure you protect the space infernal blow currently occupies in the game. Really? Is that really where its at? The absurdity of that situation doesnt strike you guys in the GGG offices at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info