The Design and Development of the 3.1.0 Gems

"
Kostyan1996 wrote:
I guess that explains abscense of 10th gem. I hope it will be interesting.

The Infernal sweep mentioned here is an active gem... the 3.1 announcement mentions 6 support gems of which we have only seen 5. The infamous missing gem is a support gem, not this infernal sweep.
Do people actually use the new skills ? I haven't encountered any on public parties.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
VD and Ancestral Call are two of my favorite additions to the game of late, so, good job on those :)
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
The skill was visually spectacular, but didn't play well unless it was boosted in both starting area and damage to the point where it both ...invalidated the roles of Sweep... and Infernal Blow

Sweep is already (been for sometime) invalid :P

Regardless, neat post!
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Jan 3, 2018, 8:39:05 PM
Chris is working overtime as staff remains on holiday :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I was pretty pleased with most of the new skill and support gems. I love Volatile Dead already; Bodyswap is kinda stupid but fun; and Unearth is just flat out useful as a combo skill (especially with the awesome new Poet Pen builds). The only skill that fell kinda flat was Cremation. Cremation is a cool idea with a nice visual, but in trying to use it the skill always felt kinda bad to play with unless I was passively using it through CoC or some other means. I'd really like the skill to be better but compared to other fire skills, especially the new Volatile Dead, it doesn't compete.
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
The skill was visually spectacular, but didn't play well unless it was boosted in both starting area and damage to the point where it both ...invalidated the roles of Sweep... and Infernal Blow

Sweep is already (been for sometime) invalid :P

Regardless, neat post!

Pretty sure Mathil will fight you on that one since he does Leap Sweepers pretty often.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
The failed prototype wasn't the VD enchant? Sounds like it to me. Also spell cascade is more underwhelming than I thought possible. You guys nerfed AoE to death already... The last thing we need on a gem is a less AoE. I get it goes in front of the target, but in practice, that actually sucks.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
sweep and infernal blow do not have roles.

is this like the balancing cyclone against heavystrike again?

Can you just make melee skills for marauder type builds good?

did sunder invalidate groundslam? No, what invalidated groundslam is crit 1h attackers, ele scaled attackers, bows, wanding, spells, summons, totems, traps, basically everything else in the game. The reason the vast majority of people playing left side RT physical melee are playing sunder is because its the only great skill those builds have that actually has a significant role in the wider game.

What planet are you guys on that you think sweep and infernal blow have roles in the game? Its so frustrating to hear you guys say stuff like that because it just explains why entire build archetypes that should be good are trash and will always be trash.

So basically you added a spell in vol dead that is deleting high level bosses in 2 seconds but decided to not add a new melee skill because it was better than 2 absolutely shit skills that might as well not even exist... great. This is why your game has massive problems with build balance and people accuse you guys of not playing it. It may not be true, but its hard to grasp how these sort of decisions get made by people who do play the game.
please remove the pointless castcap+cooldown for Desecrate
Better changes better game.
Working but also playing too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info