[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

Running as raider, did some calcs in PoB and deadeye doesn’t reach the same DPS or movespeed. I’ve changed a few things up in the tree - done away with a few jewel slots in favour of nodes until I have the currency to get decent jewels. Cruising through maps at the moment.
Last edited by toddmc on Mar 5, 2018, 5:17:30 AM
Do you think getting Tailwind/Extra projectile (+dps) is worth losing Elemental Ailments immunity + perma Frenzy/Onslaught/Phasing in terms of being an all-rounder?

Also, how does it compare in terms of move speed, APS, and more importantly, survivability?

I'm torn whether I should switch to Deadeye-- not sure if the extra DPS is worth it. I feel that Raider may be more defensive/versatile. Would really love your thoughts as I'm genuinely enjoying this build! :)
Last edited by bxb1992 on Mar 5, 2018, 2:05:02 PM
Wouldn't Endless munitions' AoE increase make a lot more magma balls miss our target?

50% is no joke. We already use conc effect to cancel out the AoE increase from 2x Wildfire jewels.
Great to hear that some of you are having a good time with the build so far.

Stick to whatever build you started with, the Deadeye version is still a test in progress. It'd be good to see a comparison of all 3. I will say that in Standard it was nice one or two shotting every pack with Frost Blades.

While I agree with the +50% AOE concern I actually don't think the damage is all that negligible especially with +1 projectiles and that it also means continual leech in addition to the much higher attack speeds. In fact writing this I am also thinking that Frost Blades isn't necessary and you can clear maps just as fast with Molten.

I've updated the title slightly.
I wanted to suggest Rupture instead of Endless Munitions. I agree that Deadeye is superior so that isn't what I was hinting.

However, if u wanted to use MS for clearing then that's a different story. 50% aoe helps!

EDIT: Currently testing MS for clear instead of Frost Blades. What is gemswap for this? Ancestrall Call replaces WED?
Last edited by xethos25 on Mar 6, 2018, 2:08:37 AM
"
xethos25 wrote:
I wanted to suggest Rupture instead of Endless Munitions. I agree that Deadeye is superior so that isn't what I was hinting.

However, if u wanted to use MS for clearing then that's a different story. 50% aoe helps!

EDIT: Currently testing MS for clear instead of Frost Blades. What is gemswap for this? Ancestrall Call replaces WED?

Yep, Molten clears best with Multistrike-AC-Increased Area of Effect together. The most optimal is a 4R-2B setup but those are nasty on your chromatics (4R-1B-1G also works but is slightly less damage).

I think I'll add that I believe this can be viable as a league starter. Honestly after getting a 4L and saving for a Thief's Torment, the Acts content was a breeze.
I currently got the Raider version of the build up to 84 and it's really fun so far and maps (up to t10) are quite easy. I was just checking on the gems and wanted to ask why you went with icebite/increase crit. PoB says that elemental focus, hypothermia and ruthless give more dps. I'm not very familiar with mechanics. Can you please explain why you did not choose those? I guess focus is no option because it removes the ailments (but do I really need those vs bosses?) and ruthless probably doesnt work with the molten strike balls. What about hypo? Does it not work on bosses or something?
I'm also confused about concentrated effect. Does it work with molten strike? PoB doesn't seem to show a difference when adding or removing it.

Btw the leveling this build is infinitely easier if you use a claw that has life and mana gain on hit if you have no thiefs tornment yet.
Last edited by load231 on Mar 6, 2018, 9:04:13 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
"
xethos25 wrote:

I think I'll add that I believe this can be viable as a league starter. Honestly after getting a 4L and saving for a Thief's Torment, the Acts content was a breeze.

Definitely viable, but I would probably recommend leveling as sunder or something similar until you get the threshold jewel/s for MS. It was easily the most squishy character I've leveled to date, and the damage just wasn't there until late in the story for me. I had a day 1 start so leveling uniques weren't really viable price-wise.

It's still pretty squishy in maps, but the pseudo-6L damage from thunderfist is enough to wipe trash very quickly (cleared up to t10 at the moment).
Having a blast with this build so far! Is the change from raider to deadeye that big of a deal? I have 5 regret points already so I<d need another 5. The only thing that is difficult is that I have 0 defensive things. Boss one shot me so badly, but at the same time I clear things SUPER FAST. Does it become a bit tankier with the cruel and merc lab points? It is easy to kill things with frost blades, but when it comes to a boss, I find it hard to use MS and having to dodge everything.
For the deadeye with dual wielding imperial claw => we replace Shield charge by ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info