[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

I'm not very good with builds and would like to try molten strike/frost blades as league starter. Now I'm wondering, would it be viable to go Deadeye and take rupture for sustain (30 life on hit vs bleeding) and use Grelwood Shank as weapon?
@Eathb
For levelling with this build in a new league, do you grab Claw nodes? If so, how do you craft claws for levelling? Physical damage recipe? Some kind of essence crafts?

I'm asking because I tested levelling the other day (with no dps nodes taken), and somewhere around Act 5 the DPS just starts to suck.
Last edited by _Elminister_ on Mar 1, 2018, 1:25:40 PM
"
load231 wrote:
I'm not very good with builds and would like to try molten strike/frost blades as league starter. Now I'm wondering, would it be viable to go Deadeye and take rupture for sustain (30 life on hit vs bleeding) and use Grelwood Shank as weapon?

I can put up a POB when I get home but I do envision there would be some gear changes. However overall I think Deadeye is inferior to both Raider and PF as it currently stands. But it is way more budget.

"
_Elminister_ wrote:
@Eathb
For levelling with this build in a new league, do you grab Claw nodes? If so, how do you craft claws for levelling? Physical damage recipe? Some kind of essence crafts?

I'm asking because I tested levelling the other day (with no dps nodes taken), and somewhere around Act 5 the DPS just starts to suck.

Hmm I feel you are missing something, are you following the levelling section? First node is to grab a slot for the Wild Fire jewel and then you rush straight to Soul Taker and switch to a Claw when you get that node.
"
Eathb wrote:
"
load231 wrote:

I can put up a POB when I get home but I do envision there would be some gear changes. However overall I think Deadeye is inferior to both Raider and PF as it currently stands. But it is way more budget.

Alright, thanks. I will just roll with the build as it is then. Frenzy charges and Onslaught look pretty interesting as well
A small bump.

I think levelling with this build is okay although there are some difficulties at the start and the power doesn't start kicking in until you get to Yeena and get your heralds.

My friend is absolutely convinced that Deadeye is the better option and POB has calced it incorrectly. I killed Shaper with a Deadeye setup using my Abyss equipment in standard except with a 5c dps shield and I honestly cannot tell the difference (a lot more life though) but Tailwind does look aesthetically pleasing. Down the line there may be optimisation for a dps shield or extra dmg offhand as a Deadeye.
"
Eathb wrote:
A small bump.

I think levelling with this build is okay although there are some difficulties at the start and the power doesn't start kicking in until you get to Yeena and get your heralds.

My friend is absolutely convinced that Deadeye is the better option and POB has calced it incorrectly. I killed Shaper with a Deadeye setup using my Abyss equipment in standard except with a 5c dps shield and I honestly cannot tell the difference (a lot more life though) but Tailwind does look aesthetically pleasing. Down the line there may be optimisation for a dps shield or extra dmg offhand as a Deadeye.

If you did go deadeye which nodes would you take?
"
Eathb wrote:
A small bump.

I noticed in your profile that you are using Poacher's Mark, are we no longer using Assassin's Mark?
Tailwind node and Endless Mutinity are must I feel for Deadeye. The last one is up in the air.

I'm using Poacher's until I get my second lab.
"
Eathb wrote:
Tailwind node and Endless Mutinity are must I feel for Deadeye. The last one is up in the air.

I'm using Poacher's until I get my second lab.

Thank you. Everything is going well for me so far except one shotting Beasts that we're meant to capture.
First of all this is an apology to anyone who started and are already using this build for Bestiary

This is quite a significant update.

I am going to update the title but the best class for this build is actually the Deadeye.

https://pastebin.com/9gQ4Dz2B

The numbers speak for itself (my Abyss equipment).

Almost equal DPS numbers to both the PF and Raider versions WITHOUT Frenzy/Power Charges up.

Tailwind makes Deadeye just as fast if not faster than PF at mapping.

My jewels aren't optimised for dual wielding 2 of them are basically just there for life and resistances, yet the dps numbers have still reached that high.

The Raider and PF version are still amazing in their own right but just on a pure numbers point of view, it doesn't even come close to Deadeye. I severely underestimated how much of an impact extra projectiles do.

Ascendency order:
Gathering Winds > Fast and Deadly > Far Shot > Endless Munitions

I will be respeccing my character to the Deadeye version when I do my second lab, so if there is anyone that are following this build and my progress, again I apologise. If I can make this build better, I will always go for it.
Last edited by Eathb on Mar 5, 2018, 3:35:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info