Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.

Just got that message from the logs.
I've been getting this very often since the last patch at random moments. The CPU usage will rise, my character will freeze and then it disconnects without a message. It is currently unplayable.
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2018, 4:36:54 AM
Does this happen in Standard league as well as Abyss league?
This is happening more and more to tons of people. It does in fact happen in Standard as well, I had ot happen in standard inbetween the end of Harb & the start of Abyss. It's got a lot worse in Abyss for me personally though.

Eventually, GGG will have to look at this a little more seriously than just asking for MTR reports incessantly.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
Eventually, GGG will have to look at this a little more seriously than just asking for MTR reports incessantly.

Here in the forums it is mostly people volunteering their time, like me, who ask for those. That said, what you describe is exactly the symptoms of a network problem. So, if you actually want to work on solving it, an MTR or PingPlotter report will show where the issue is, if anywhere, on the network.

If that shows that it is not the network, then that is also valuable, because it means you can avoid GGG saying "run WinMTR", because you have absolute proof that it isn't a network issue, yeah?
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:

Here in the forums it is mostly people volunteering their time, like me, who ask for those. That said, what you describe is exactly the symptoms of a network problem. So, if you actually want to work on solving it, an MTR or PingPlotter report will show where the issue is, if anywhere, on the network.

If that shows that it is not the network, then that is also valuable, because it means you can avoid GGG saying "run WinMTR", because you have absolute proof that it isn't a network issue, yeah?

I would agree that doing an MTR would eliminate one possibility, but for the sake of accuracy I would have to also point out that what he describes is not exclusively the symptoms of a network problem. Until this issue is publicly solved and documented conclusively for at least ONE of these cases, then in actual fact we have no exact means of predicting what the problem is. It could just as easily be a problem with certain types of read speed on HDD's and that causing a timeout in communications between the client and the server. That scenario is not strictly speaking a network problem, it's more of a deployment problem.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
BUMP GGG FIX THIS SHIT OR AT LEAST REPLY TO US GAME IS UNPLAYABLE SINCE 3.1
It is unplayable since 3.1. "An unexpected disconnection occurred." error every 5min.
SAME ISSUE ON MOSCOW SERVER , 2 TIMES IN 1 HOUR , ALL ITEMS ROLLBACKED FROM INVENTORY , ROLLBACKED EXP AND MAP DISSAPEARED
Last edited by mirac1e on Dec 28, 2017, 9:07:53 AM
"
ftkg wrote:
Just got that message from the logs.
I've been getting this very often since the last patch at random moments. The CPU usage will rise, my character will freeze and then it disconnects without a message. It is currently unplayable.

what log did you read that in?

i am currently getting ingame "failed to connect to instance" aka.. i get to loginscreen when i go thru portals, thought it was hdd load time so i installed poe on ssd, but still same shit..
going thru portals crash my game, and also expending that portal, wich is a hassle when i do elder/guardians esp. when its a map with a bossroom! (alot of portals)
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:

I would agree that doing an MTR would eliminate one possibility, but for the sake of accuracy I would have to also point out that what he describes is not exclusively the symptoms of a network problem.

Of course not. I guess maybe a language barrier is in play, but saying "network problems cause disconnects" does not imply "disconnects are caused by network problems" in normal use. It just means that "if you do have a network problem, this is one of the things it would look like"

"
Maelstromicus wrote:

Until this issue is publicly solved and documented conclusively for at least ONE of these cases, then in actual fact we have no exact means of predicting what the problem is.

Given a large number of posts where people do actually bother to do the network diagnostics, and it shows clearly that they have high packet loss on the link to their ISP, over their in-home wireless network, on at a third party transit provider, we can say conclusively that some of these are network issues outside of GGG control.

We can't say they all are, and in fact, if you observe, nobody actually does say that. It just gets heard because people assume that if three people talk about a disconnect, it must be one single massive problem - just like how if three people around the world get flat tires, it must be the same nail.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info