3.1 Capped Dodge White Wind Frost Blades Raider HC Viable

You can use this general idea with blade flurry and use frostbreath as off hand for double damage to chilled enemies. Have a 94 raider on sc using this method.
Just wondering why exactly you use an empty off-hand instead of another culling white wind? I assume there's an important interaction that I'm missing?

Cheers.
"
Blutausnord wrote:
You can use this general idea with blade flurry and use frostbreath as off hand for double damage to chilled enemies. Have a 94 raider on sc using this method.

White Wind has two mods that require your offhand to be empty. Frostbreath also specifies "attacks with this weapon", so you're hurting your build by using it.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oos wrote:
"
Blutausnord wrote:

White Wind has two mods that require your offhand to be empty. Frostbreath also specifies "attacks with this weapon", so you're hurting your build by using it.

Ah, whoops. That answers my question.

The conditional "empty off hand" didn't show up on PoB.
"
Oos wrote:
"
Blutausnord wrote:

Path of building doesn't think so and playing it this way feels like a lot more damage. Just my 2 cents.
"
Mortichar wrote:
Just wondering why exactly you use an empty off-hand instead of another culling white wind? I assume there's an important interaction that I'm missing?

Cheers.

You replied again but yeah, it gives 20% dodge and 100% cold damage with an empty off hand.

"
Blutausnord wrote:
"
Oos wrote:
"
Blutausnord wrote:

Path of building doesn't think so and playing it this way feels like a lot more damage. Just my 2 cents.

White Wind isn't working properly in PoB, you need do edit the item.
Remove the "while your Off Hand is empty" from both lines like so:

Even with this edit, it appears that PoB is saying it's more damage. But I don't see how this is possible. All that offhand will technically give you is increased chill duration and DW bonuses.
The offhand specifices hits with that weapon and BF doesn't use Maces. Unless there's some odd mechanic I don't understand.
But hey, if it feels better, then go for it, if you don't mind the dodge loss.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Dec 30, 2017, 5:23:02 PM
It doesn't make sense to me either. I played with just whitewind until 92 and then found a frostbreath and started messing with it. The only things I can think of is attack speed while dual wielding or because blade flurry doesn't use off hand that it's just a stat stick.

The reason its showing as more damage is because you can use frost blades with any weapon, and you have 'is enemy chilled' checked.

Frostbreath in this scenario is hitting, and thus doing 2x more dmg + the more multiplier from dual weilding.

So of course you are going to increase you dps with that off hand, but you lose the dodge.

Edit: Also frostbreath does not work as a stat stick for blade flurry, because the weapon very specifically states "attacks with this weapon" and you're not hitting with it if you are using Blade Flurry.
Last edited by Hawkly on Dec 30, 2017, 6:30:04 PM
ignore double post
Last edited by Hawkly on Dec 30, 2017, 6:30:44 PM
Hi Oos, with your defense being based so heavily around dodging attacks, how do you deal with spells? Or are spells not a big enough threat when just clearing maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info