[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

My conclusion in terms of uniques: Starkonja's is best in slot because it has high life, attack speed, a little bit of crit chance and DEX, which is an issue for Inquisitor. Devoto's is second best if you need the DEX. If not, get Rat's Nest for the crit chance.
But also, a good rare gives you a lot of freedom in other gear slots. Do what you feel will work best for your setup!
"
Guenselmann wrote:
"
my cooldown on the volatile dead is 0,25 sec and the frenzy attack is 0,30 sec.
I guess that is bad since i dont have cdr gear

As the guide mentions, bring your Frenzy APS close to 0.25 (for example 0.26 - also keep Frenzy Charges in mind!) to proc your Poet's Pens more often. Beyond that you will need CDR gear to scale the damage further via more procs, but first get the helm enchant and decent crit multi jewels. It's all in the guide really.

"
By the way. what is the source of Mana leech, or we just use Mana regen.

Curse on Hit Warlord's Mark, mana leech boot enchant (a bit problematic on bosses), Reduced Mana Support (this works better than Mana Leech Support on Frenzy tbh), mana gained on hit jewellery.
For me mana only became a problem when I hit >5 APS and started using elder gloves due to the additional multiplier on Faster Attacks. It will also only be an issue on bosses that don't spawn adds because for mapping just farm cruel lab for boot enchant and never worry about mana again ;)

"
Could this build be done with Assassin?

Assassin is just worse than Ascendant/Inquisitor in my opinion. You get a bunch of crit chance you don't need (I'm at 85% effective crit chance on Inquisitor atm), some crit multi and free culling strike. I'd much rather get the ele pen & AS from Inquisitor or the leech from Ascendant(Slayer, Assassin).

Thanks for the detail explanation.
Cast speed is good for this build?

According to path of building, its a little better than elemental damage/spell damage at least on my character.

But i dont trust 100% on pob, so, can anyone confirm about cast speed?
One question, what ele dmg should i get on eye jewels? x to x cold/fire?
And is increased crit > ele focus in the pen?
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
Cast speed is good for this build?

According to path of building, its a little better than elemental damage/spell damage at least on my character.

But i dont trust 100% on pob, so, can anyone confirm about cast speed?

Cast speed does nothing for the spells socketed in the Poet's Pens. Path of Building shows you the DPS as if you self-cast Volatile Dead, which is why it has an influence.
To calculate your "real" DPS look at the average hit and multiply it by your Frenzy APS* and the amount of fireballs it creates (3 or 4 with helm enchant). For example: 60000*4.9*4 = 1176000 DPS in perfect circumstances.

*note: assuming your Frenzy attack time is lower than your skill cooldown time.
what kind of flasks and jewels are people using?
Thanks for the guide,

I'm currently giving it a try but wonder how to level up my Scion the best way?

Greatings
How do you deeal with Phoenix guardian boss..cuz that took me ages to dps him at all..fight fire with fire is a bad idea
hiya what pantheon are best for this thanks enjoying the build keep up the good work :)
Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Jan 7, 2018, 2:30:05 AM
"
Thanks for the guide,

I'm currently giving it a try but wonder how to level up my Scion the best way?

Greatings

i used thid guide from another post ..

Leveling Guide | Written by royc3wicz

Leveling:

1-12 - as marauder pick anything, like fire traps, cleave, flame totem - basicly ANYTHING that deals decent low lvl tooltip dmg since we wont really get any damage nodes early on. At lvl 8 buy LifeGainOnHit and level it up.

12-18 - grab Your Poet's Pens and socket one with VD-Onslaught-AddedLightning, or just raw with no links since its still op. In second wand go for unearth-lmp. This is where You start to faceroll. At lvl 12 use Barrage-LMP for trigerring, and when You hit 16 switch to frenzy-lmp.

18-38 - Here is where You start to faceroll even harder. Go for VD-EleFocus-ConcEff and Unearth-LMP-PowerChargeOnCrit as soon as You hit 18, and You are golden. Dont forget to switch Barrage to Frenzy-LMP-Faster Attacks-LifeGainOnHit (if u have mana issues skip LGOH for now).

38-xxx - Add GMP to Unearth and Frenzy, thats pretty much it. Continue facerolling.

Leveling Uniques and items I suggest using:

Ring Slots: -8 Elreon ring. Coral preffered, but any will do. Second ring: Praxis with -8 Mana, and some decent rolls.
Alternative: Emberwake, Mokou's Embrace, Le Heup of All. Nice DMG and overall boosts, but trust me, You DONT need more dmg.

Amulets: - Karui Ward as a stat booster early on. At 16 You can switch to Atziri's Foible if You have one (only If You dont have praxis for lvl 22). Basicly pick any amulet, even white lapis/jade for stats. Options worth to mention later on: Karui Charge, Ngamahu Tiki. *Also, if You dont have elreon ring You can get elreon amulet (jade/lapis/any-7/-8)

Belts: - Darkness Enthroned. Lvl 1 belt with 2 abyss jewels is worth taking a shot coz this abyss jewels gives quite nice boost early on. If You dont want waste Your time: Perandus Blazon as a stat booster. Early on we really struggle to get that dex and int... Anyway, if You dont have stat issues switch to Bisco's Leash. Definetly. Honorable mention: Headhunter xD

Gloves: - Here we have 2 options early on. Lochtonial Caress and Deodre's Tenure. First one for free charges and attack speed, second for free 50-60% spell dmg (They also reduce our cast speed, but who cares since we dont cast?). I used Doedres till lvl 70. Honorable mention: Maligaro's Virtuosity for some crit early on, but they aint worth using in my opinion.

Boots: - Wanderlust and Dusktoes. I used first one, but Dusktoes gives nice dmg boost during flask effect, and trust me: You will smash this silvers and quicksilvers as hard as u can :D Worth to mention: Goldwyrms, Sundances, Seven-League Step.

Chest: - Briskwrap or just any. I used Briskwrap for some Attack Speed honestly. Any life/res chest will do. No tabula needed (Still You can get Tabula with + to vall gems if You like to smash some vaal spark/haste etc during leveling nad squeeze the 6l out of it).

Helmets: - Goldrim is best in socket. Free 30-40% all res is worth taking a shot. There nothing much I can tell. Worth to mention: Deidbell (stat keeper), Asenath Mark (attack speed and movement speed).

Flasks: Here is hard to find any unique flasks, but try to get 1 life flask and upgrade it base with levels to dont stuck with small life flask on level 50 like I did. Worth to add: 2x Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline (increased movement speed during flask effect and increased duration), 1x Silver Flask of Warding (remove curses) with any preffix like "reduces charges used" or some, and 1x Diamond Flask roled with removes bleeding on use (since we dont really get freezed when we leveling, and we have wanderlusts).

This setup should carry You on till act 10 kitava and level 70~.

Overall leveling tips:

- Keep some gems to level in offhand slots (I used 6x VD).
- Dont forget to watch for Your resistances during leveling. Bismuth flasks or switching 1 or 2 uniques like chests/amu/ring later may be handy.
- Since we dont need any CWDT setup during leveling You can add some LightWarp-FasterCasting-ReducedDuration setup just for skiping those gaps.
- Pick first lab with leech nodes as soon as You can for extra sustain. With them You cna get rid of elreon jewelery/praxis.
- Don't pick up trash. Seriously, only jewels, abyss jewels and uniques plus currency are worth picking up when You level. Maybe some quality gems and flasks for free recipes.
- Buy all required gems using another character before You start and keep them in inventory just ot add during leveling (maybe except CWDT setup). It really cuts off Your leveling time.
- Get all leveling uniques before You start. Whole set EXCEPT POET PENS costs like... 10-12c depends on rolls (I payed like 8c for all I needed). And keep them in stash and just add - like gems - during leveling. Another timesaver, plus You can keep this items for leveling later another char.

Happy Leveling! :)

question from me to the OP

im playing the scon version and in POB is has one pen with uneath+GMP+PCOC instead of culling stike(and in POD its at lvl 4 no Quality) any reason its at 4 or do you as scion keep PCoC(but since the shadow node give 20% change on a PC ill guess its ment to be switched to CSS after you took the shadon asc from lab?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info