[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

Just to be sure, if i'm a ascendant, picking assassin and slayer and i dont have watcher's eye and decided to use eye of innocence + mokous embrace.

In that case, i dont need to use warlords mark right? What should i use instead? Assassins Mark?

Can someone clarify this options to me? I'm a little unsure to what to do about this leech setups.
The leech from eye of innocence and mokus embrace combo is enough, i played that combo until i bought a wathcer's eye today and cleared everything up to t16 with it

I used assasin's mark in the curse on hit setup.

BUT

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right option I'm trying a flammability curse on hit setup atm , because you dont need the PC gerneration from Assasin's mark and because i allready have 52 % crit (+ pc + diamond flask) and 380 % crit multi i think the - fire resistance is way better.

As i said i'm testing this setup atm it feels much better, but i havent got much experience with path of building so i cant realy give u some numbers.

Anyone else testet this setup ?
"
bluekid90 wrote:
Hi, Currently lvl 80 and just did my first elder kill! Currently testing other skills on the off hand poets and right now I'm using freeze pulse and it's working out pretty decently and quite satisfying. Was wondering if anyone has other suggestions for the off hand Poet's instead of freeze pulse! Preferably a fire damage skill for when i get the leech jewel. this is my current gear and was just wondering if i could get someones opinion again :) Thanks and great build!
Spoiler

im not expert by any means when it comes to this build but isn't the obvious answer to your question fireball?
I have question. Do i need to have 4.9 attacks with cooldown gear or without also. Currently i have 4.41 without cooldown gear. Is cooldown gear so important or is just a goal to have
4.9 and doesnt matter if i have cooldown gear or not?
Last edited by qlasboy on Jan 5, 2018, 4:14:25 PM
started with this build and its the fastest i ever lvled but......it need some items that are darn expensive.....and i have onlt 1-2 in the bank...it will be some time before illhave a geared build.

and ill sk agaian how is the build on uber lab? woold be nice to be able to try to get the enchant yoursolf while making some miney of uber run but..only if the build is good for it.
"
qlasboy wrote:
I have question. Do i need to have 4.9 attacks with cooldown gear or without also. Currently i have 4.41 without cooldown gear. Is cooldown gear so important or is just a goal to have
4.9 and doesnt matter if i have cooldown gear or not?

If you have no cooldown gear, your optimal attack speed should be 3.9.
If you have cooldown gear, you should aim for 4.9 attack speed.

Behavior of the mechanics:

With NO Cooldown gear !!!

Volatile Dead on Poet's Pen has a 250ms cooldown.
That Means you can only "cast" it at most 4 times each second !!!
Since you cast it each time you attack, to reach the max cast speed of the gem, you also must be able to attack with Frenzy/Barrage/KB 4 times each second.
To reach 4 hits/sec you need 3.9 attack speed. Any more investment in attack speed past 3.9 is useless and doesn't increase your DPS at all.

With Cooldown gear !!!

As stated ABOVE !!
Volatile Dead on Poet's Pen has a 250ms cooldown, but with cooldown reduction from gear you can reach 200ms cooldown.
That Means you can "cast" it at most 5 times each second !!!
Since you cast it each time you attack, to reach the max cast speed of the gem, you also must be able to attack with Frenzy/Barrage/KB 5 times each second.
To reach 5 hits/sec you need 4.9 attack speed.Any more investment in attack speed past 4.9 is useless and doesn't increase your DPS at all.

I think this is how things works.
Hope you guys understand it.
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Which of the passive tree should I follow for my scion if my budget is no more than 8ex?

Love the build so far, was able to do Hydra and Phoenix at level 75. HOTGM is also a breeze on inquisitor, with a weapon switch into balefire for the cast on hit. Shotgunning before a fight is just ridiculous. Not even hitting 4.9AS but close to 4.7 so still some things to work on. To improve AS try to get a pair of elder gloves, with Socketed Gems Are Supported by faster attacks.

Other than that it works great, running devoto's instead of starkonja's too.
so I finished act 10, got some mediocre gear to start some lower tier mapping, just focused on getting res capped and life. I dont have a chest piece worth a shit yet but I have like 4.1khp. I dont see how you get 7 or even 8k HP with this build. even if i got a kaoms and jewels with good life rolls, both of which I lack right now, I dont see how it would be any better than like 5.5k MAYBE 6k if everything has top tier rolls and you have every life passive in the build. without a shield or some other form of defense to increase effective HP I'm questing how this going to work out.

but its a fun play style so I'm gonna see what I can make happen
whrre i can find what actually my poets pen have cooldown?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info