[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

@DotsandDashes
Currently at 7.4k life without crazy life rolls at level 89 (Inquisitor). Keep in mind character levels add a lot of life as well.

@qlasboy
Look at the tooltip of your socketed skills. It will say 0.25 cooldown time if you don't have any cooldown recovery rate on your gear.
You should really calculate your cooldown time for your gear because it depends on your CDR rolls. With 30% CDR my Volatile Dead tooltip shows 0.19 cooldown time, which makes sense since 250 ms / 1.3 = 192 ms. So 1/0.192=5.2 maximum APS for Frenzy in my case (5.11 buffed at the moment).
With 20% CDR on belt, 185 ms -> 5.4 APS would be possible, but good luck getting that belt =)
Last edited by Guenselmann on Jan 5, 2018, 11:15:42 PM
I dont understand fully about that cooldown and attack time thing you mention...my cooldown on the volatile dead is 0,25 sec and the frenzy attack is 0,30 sec.
I guess that is bad since i dont have cdr gear

so this is my version. i was using Kaom's but i found it hard to get sufficient amount of attack speed so i dumped it for the 6L Splendour and to compensate for the loss of life i added vaal grace and still able to use herald of ice + ice golem for extra crit, but thinking about using decoy totem for end game bosses.

My attack speed is 5.05 so its aligned with the ~5.12 internal cd. I was playing around with the attack speed/cd reduction stats (and gear) but at the end of the day i noticed that it didnt make such a difference above 5 (tested it with 32% cd rd gear)
Because most of my attack speed is coming from gems i was able to use jewels that further increase my dps. all in all i sacrificed some survivability in favour of dps and also made minor changes on the talent tree.

"Original creator of the build" what do you think?
Last edited by B3lizaR on Jan 6, 2018, 12:53:26 AM
Could this build be done with Assassin?
"
tntkiller wrote:
started with this build and its the fastest i ever lvled but......it need some items that are darn expensive.....and i have onlt 1-2 in the bank...it will be some time before illhave a geared build.

and ill sk agaian how is the build on uber lab? woold be nice to be able to try to get the enchant yoursolf while making some miney of uber run but..only if the build is good for it.

I wouldn't farm uber with this build. You CAN do uber with this build and it's somewhat pretty easy, but if you're actually wanting to farm uber you can spend less than 50c and get a ngamahu slayer running and have a way easier time doing it
Started this build last night. Too OP leveling. Very fun too.

By the way. what is the source of Mana leech, or we just use Mana regen.

So far I am using -8max mana ring & only source of Mana recovery is Mana regen.
Last edited by KiadawP on Jan 6, 2018, 6:24:39 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:
Started this build last night. Too OP leveling. Very fun too.

So far I am using -8max mana ring & only source of Mana recovery is Mana regen.

what do you need mana for? frenzy costs a negligible about of mana, and even if for some reason you couldnt sustain that while leveling you can still proc the skills by using default attack on the wand and consuming 0 mana
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jan 6, 2018, 8:02:57 AM
"
Guenselmann wrote:
@DotsandDashes
Currently at 7.4k life without crazy life rolls at level 89 (Inquisitor). Keep in mind character levels add a lot of life as well.

I may or may not have miscalculated....I picked up a kaoms and equipping that with nothing else changing i went from 4.1k to 5.3k almost 5.4
"
my cooldown on the volatile dead is 0,25 sec and the frenzy attack is 0,30 sec.
I guess that is bad since i dont have cdr gear

As the guide mentions, bring your Frenzy APS close to 0.25 (for example 0.26 - also keep Frenzy Charges in mind!) to proc your Poet's Pens more often. Beyond that you will need CDR gear to scale the damage further via more procs, but first get the helm enchant and decent crit multi jewels. It's all in the guide really.

"

Curse on Hit Warlord's Mark, mana leech boot enchant (a bit problematic on bosses), Reduced Mana Support (this works better than Mana Leech Support on Frenzy tbh), mana gained on hit jewellery.
For me mana only became a problem when I hit >5 APS and started using elder gloves due to the additional multiplier on Faster Attacks. It will also only be an issue on bosses that don't spawn adds because for mapping just farm cruel lab for boot enchant and never worry about mana again ;)

"
Could this build be done with Assassin?

Assassin is just worse than Ascendant/Inquisitor in my opinion. You get a bunch of crit chance you don't need (I'm at 85% effective crit chance on Inquisitor atm), some crit multi and free culling strike. I'd much rather get the ele pen & AS from Inquisitor or the leech from Ascendant(Slayer, Assassin).
Last edited by Guenselmann on Jan 6, 2018, 11:41:47 AM
whats second third best helmet option ? stakonja with enchant is 14-15 ex while rat's and devoto's 7 ex ? Or is Starkonja just to much defense

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info