[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
Leafarius wrote:
Hello Paige, nice build, long time looking for a real good Shadow build. Do you think leveling as ED+cont will work well?

I've never leveled as ED but yeah I don't see why it wouldn't work, just probably wouldn't be optimal leveling conditions lol.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
3ryk wrote:
would build suffer much if i wont be using ED?

Unfortunately the way CA functions, much like many other skills in this game, requires a secondary skill to dish out decent single target numbers. The build isn't oriented around dealing high single target DPS, it CAN do all content, it has extreme defenses and CA + Mirage Archer is great for clear speed.

So, no, ED or some other chaos damage/DoT skill is required to do your single target damage.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
thedukey wrote:
Seems it does. I'm struggling on elder null portals, high life rares, and bosses. I have all the damage nodes, but not a separate ED setup.

Either need a high level caustic, or ED for single target.

Yeah, AoE damage is pretty much always there, single target doesn't start coming into play until you really start getting your gems maxed out & beyond.

If you're running all damage nodes, ED damage helm enchant and curse effect nodes you can also drop some ES nodes and head down to Method of Madness, once I get some more time I might make a version more oriented towards SC, but the build first and foremost was based around defenses coming first.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Dec 31, 2017, 6:59:25 PM
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
build is a lot of fun, but the single target is quite poor. just an fyi for those who are looking to try this build.

lotta fun and very tanky however

Yeah, it's not a build based around single target, no Caustic Arrow build is unfortunately. But it can clear all content.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
build is a lot of fun, but the single target is quite poor. just an fyi for those who are looking to try this build.

Yeah, it's not a build based around single target, no Caustic Arrow build is unfortunately. But it can clear all content.

yeah! not a criticism of the build at all. it's an extremely unique, hipster build which i absolutely love, that utilizes some really creative and powerful synergy.
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
souljaboi25 wrote:

yeah! not a criticism of the build at all. it's an extremely unique, hipster build which i absolutely love, that utilizes some really creative and powerful synergy.

Gotcha, yeah, if you go back through all of my builds what I really like doing is taking an idea or skill that hasn't been done before and trying to push it to its limits. Yes, I've even tried to make Elemental Hit work in Harbinger lol.

Anyway, I added a disclaimer at the top of the build before you even get into any information for people who are looking for the meta OPOP stuff.

Glad you're enjoying the build though. :)

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Fizzie wrote:
Can you put up a video of uber lab? Curious to see

Thanks!

Here ya go: https://youtu.be/-z0c1_k71So

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Added 4 more new guardian videos with a lot quicker kill times, messed up a few times on Mino letting ED drop, but still no big deal.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
hi paigey, some updated thoughts:

i went ahead and replaced my gloves with allelopathy socketed with void manip, swift affliction, controlled destruction, efficacy (like a standard ed trickster would). i find it helps a lot with the single target, and my ES doesn't really suffer for it. i managed to find one spot to socket a spreading rot jewel in, wondering if it's worth finding another spot to put in the second spreading rot (maybe on the right side of the tree).

either way, i'm liking the st damage it gives me. with caustic + mirage arrow, i clear extremely fast, and can cast blight on abyss rares without having to swap pierce into my ed bow. i'm currently at about 7.1k es, so i'm fairly healthy still (only lvl 84).

managed to knock out hydra, phoenix, mino all deathless (don't have chimera yet). so far so good. i'm going to start running mass uber labs soon for the endgame grind challenge and will be hoping to nab an essence drain damage enchant.

current gear:

"
Last edited by souljaboi25 on Jan 1, 2018, 6:41:46 AM
I'm about done with my main build for 3.1 and was looking for a fun build to mess around with.
Any thoughts on an ignite variation of this with burning arrow and xoph's nurture?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info