[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

Streaming the build now.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Currently playing in AHC. Lv81; 8k+ ES; 11K CA for the price of 25C. Doing up to T6 easily, because I haven't had any higher tier yet.

It works.
"
Shiverful wrote:
Currently playing in AHC. Lv81; 8k+ ES; 11K CA for the price of 25C. Doing up to T6 easily, because I haven't had any higher tier yet.

It works.

Thanks a lot for your feedback Shiver. :D
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Updated Passive Trees slightly and the PoB link.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Very nice build guide. I haven't tried caustic arrow since warbands, I'm loving it now. Spent about 6 ex total for the 3 six-links and impresence, the rest of the gear I got for a song. I'll have to check out your stream some time. Thanks!
"
Barzhal wrote:
Very nice build guide. I haven't tried caustic arrow since warbands, I'm loving it now. Spent about 6 ex total for the 3 six-links and impresence, the rest of the gear I got for a song. I'll have to check out your stream some time. Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words! (:

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Hey Paige. Just some feedback and questions from my side.

I am not using the passive tree shown in this build, instead I've gone for a combination of a lot of different ideas and statistically speaking, the one I've found should be one of the strongest (theorycrafting masterrace reporting in) (build in question).

I have no troubles running tier 10 maps since level 78-ish, BUT! There's a huge BUT(t). I struggle really bad with Abyssal cracks (do you see what I did there?) and bosses. It takes me ages to take down map bosses and Abyssal bats. Is this the same case for you? I feel like Abyssal cracks are not even worth opening anymore, as the time they consume is ridiculous. OH! And don't even get me started on Elder's Null Portals. Those are a goddamn nightmare! You can't even Essence Drain them properly due to the constantly spawning monsters blocking the way (piercing support would help here).

So, long story short: how do you feel you cope with Abyssal cracks, map bosses and Null Portals? Am I the only one who feels the struggle?

Thanks for sharing your build. :)

On a sidenote, I crafted a pretty good bow for this build yesterday, took 35 chaos (to buy the base bow), 90 jews (I love the abbreviation, cracks me up every time) and about 300 fusings. :)

love the videos and the CA with mirage archer looks amazingly fun to use.

how many orbs or regret do you need after act 10 to respec the passive tree? i have never played a CI build before and the leveling process seems a little bit less straight forward than most builds, at which point do you start using CA and playing a bow?
switching to this build at level 41 :) looks very nice ty
"
TramvaiZ wrote:
Hey Paige. Just some feedback and questions from my side.

I am not using the passive tree shown in this build, instead I've gone for a combination of a lot of different ideas and statistically speaking, the one I've found should be one of the strongest (theorycrafting masterrace reporting in) (build in question).

I have no troubles running tier 10 maps since level 78-ish, BUT! There's a huge BUT(t). I struggle really bad with Abyssal cracks (do you see what I did there?) and bosses. It takes me ages to take down map bosses and Abyssal bats. Is this the same case for you? I feel like Abyssal cracks are not even worth opening anymore, as the time they consume is ridiculous. OH! And don't even get me started on Elder's Null Portals. Those are a goddamn nightmare! You can't even Essence Drain them properly due to the constantly spawning monsters blocking the way (piercing support would help here).

So, long story short: how do you feel you cope with Abyssal cracks, map bosses and Null Portals? Am I the only one who feels the struggle?

Thanks for sharing your build. :)

On a sidenote, I crafted a pretty good bow for this build yesterday, took 35 chaos (to buy the base bow), 90 jews (I love the abbreviation, cracks me up every time) and about 300 fusings. :)

Hey there appreciate your feedback, that's an interesting take on the tree as well, it's good to see people coming up with their own ideas.

Regarding abyssal cracks, I was having the same problem, the only thing you can do that'll make them consistently easier is run Pierce as you mentioned on ED, that'll melt the bosses easily, now for myself personally, I skip these entirely now, not because the content is hard, just because even if you get GG items dropped from there, they're all only going to be like 1-5c because nobody really knows the prices and list them for that much lol.

The portals are the same thing, I melt them pretty easily with ED, and honestly, I've recently stopped playing with Pierce on ED as I've gotten more comfortable with the class (Dying Sun helps too). So yeah, hope that helps.

Map bosses have all been fairly straightforward to me, if you are running Pierce vs most bosses, I probably wouldn't, keep your Spell Totem down, and CA cloud on top of boss and it should be pretty simple, obviously as time goes on and you get more funded and level more, the build becomes increasingly better over the long haul.

Oh, and congrats on the bow craft!

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Dec 29, 2017, 11:02:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info