[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
Vultai wrote:
Seeing as Chayula Neck will be HELLA expensive this league, and Occultist has that stun immunity, Anyway you could come up with a Occultist tree?

I wouldn't really change much, connect the last ES node at Witch start, stop at Coordination, and maybe take the spell damage jewel socket at Harrier.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Thrust3r wrote:
Hello!

Newish player here, just started playing POE in AHC and got as far as 89 with a spectre summoner, tried a few other characters and got tired of the play style or just ripped.

I've been looking several builds and this one caught my eye because it's not meta and I figured it would be good at the start of the league since everyone will buy looking for other items. It also looks crazy fun and i'd love to make it work. I want to try this out this league on BHC.

I was reading the leveling section and you mention this is a CI build and you recommend leveling as a life until act 10, i am not familiar with really how this works. I'm not experienced enough to path the tree on my own yet, but from what i can see in your 10p through 80p section you take the path all the way to the health nodes near constitution then in the 90p+ you respec health nodes which is about 23 points, i'm assuming you make a decision to take the chaos innoculation node and respec then?

Also i saw that another player decided to use the build out while leveling (i would love to do this!) but you suggest using blade vortex, why so? is this safer or is the damage not good until the gems level up? I've ripped many characters going through the story because i was not familiar with each play style and i normally have trouble in A5 Avarius and A10 Kitiva.

Really going to try to make this work, i expect to RIP at least 3 times but i want to see it through! Any feedback/tips would be appreciated, and great job on the guide(s). Awesome music on the vids too.

Hey. CI doesn't pick up until you get the good uniques and stuff, that's why you hold off til after act 10, it's also super tough to get geared for it as you level, life gear is much more common. Yes, generally once you hit the 80-90 point range you should be looking at switching over to CI, which means respeccing life nodes into ES, as CI is ES based.

I suggest using BV to level for a lot of things, same for Firestorm, depending on what you're building. It's simple, safe, great single target for bosses, and lets you constantly be on the move. Also doesn't require a ton of passive tree points for scaling, and works on a couple links. Thanks for your interest & kind words, hope I helped somewhat. :)
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
When do you suggest switching to Caustic Arrow from blade vortex? Not overly a fan of the skill so can't really imagine myself doing this till level 80 haha
Thanks for the explaination, makes total sense. On the grind now, good luck and i hope to see more guides!
"
fakado wrote:
When do you suggest switching to Caustic Arrow from blade vortex? Not overly a fan of the skill so can't really imagine myself doing this till level 80 haha

I leveled up to maps with it. You don't have to follow what I suggest, some people have leveled with CA and said it was fine, it's just not a great boss killer, so maybe you keep BV linked for bossing.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Ah very nice, I'll make the switch soon, just need to find myself a 4 or 5l bow. Would the gems for Caustic arrow you have in the first page from left to right be priority in terms of socketing things? With the Caustic > Mirage > Dmg on full life > Swift Affliction > Void Manip > Empower. Or would you suggest that whilst leveling, without a +1 or higher bow and only a 4l or 5l, something like caustic > swift > void manip > mirage/dmg on full be better?
"
fakado wrote:
Ah very nice, I'll make the switch soon, just need to find myself a 4 or 5l bow. Would the gems for Caustic arrow you have in the first page from left to right be priority in terms of socketing things? With the Caustic > Mirage > Dmg on full life > Swift Affliction > Void Manip > Empower. Or would you suggest that whilst leveling, without a +1 or higher bow and only a 4l or 5l, something like caustic > swift > void manip > mirage/dmg on full be better?

Yeah I probably wouldn't use Damage on Full Life, since you'll be life based while leveling, you won't be benefiting from it very often. Mirage Archer could be good for clearing not overly amazing on bosses, void manip & swift affliction are real great.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Thank you :)
nice guide, started with that in HC
Last edited by Kanses on Mar 3, 2018, 7:35:27 AM
"
Kanses wrote:
nice guide, started with that in HC

Thank you. (:

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info